KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Funny thing is, we can't be sure if some of his threads were mere jokes or not...the guy had a strange mind. :) I remember the last thread he posted ("hot coffee in K3", I think?) turned into a huge spamfest right away. I think maybe one reply was on topic. Then the thread got deleted, of course. :wub:

I'd say one of his most memorable was the "implants in other parts of the body" thread. The idea was to take advantage of 'other' body cavities. :thumbsup:"

No. I'm going to do that after every post that is random, and whose author lashes against whoever notes it. Seeing as how you have done that right now, the use of the emoticon was perfectly justified... :("

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

An Eddo npc? That makes me want to  :(

But remember what you did to Gromnir in ToB.

Carnage,Heh,I liked some of Eddo's threads.

Speaking of which, who was that ugly runt who NPC'd that Telosian pazaak player? You know - the one who's face looks liked it was smacked over with a sledgehammer.

manthing2.jpg

In the absence of the mods putting this thread out of its misery, it's up to the rest of us to try to get it back on-topic.

So, as I was saying, Morrowind-style wide open spaces. They were great, because that's what the world is like (or at least, used to be like) - towns and villages dotted here and there and lots of empty space, forest or farmland between them. I thought Morrowind captured that extremely well. If the world as a whole feels empty, that's because more needed to be done to make the towns busy - more like eight-people to a house, you know? I think the designers of some of these games have spent too much time reading fantasy and not enough reading social history. So everybody gets their own little house and their own bed by themselves? Not in real life.

So, in summary, for Kotor 3 lets have Morrowind's seamless world with big empty wildernesses and the odd farmer, plus lively and crowded towns full of people to talk to/rob/kill as takes your fancy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't think it is strictly necessary to be able to wander into people's homes. Why? What's the point? For realism? Getting a tooth drilled is realistic, but I don't particularly want to do it in a game.

Games are also meant to be abstracted from reality, so that all the boring stuff is skipped over (like healing over time, or eating, for example).

There needs to be a better reason to include a feature, other than it is "real".

I agree open spaces are a great idea, but I didn't see the point in all the little houses with their f

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't think it is strictly necessary to be able to wander into people's homes. Why? What's the point? For realism? Getting a tooth drilled is realistic, but I don't particularly want to do it in a game.

I'm not really suggesting this - after all, being able to wander into someone's home at will isn't realistic.

It was more a reference to Morrowind and Oblivion, where it's the need to give each NPC their own house that creates empty towns and cities. If you have a slum, then it should look like a slum and be packed full of people like a slum. Realism is a useful tool to create variety and interest, but I wouldn't advocate slavish adherence to it.

I agree open spaces are a great idea, but I didn't see the point in all the little houses with their f

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)