KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

That would be cool for roleplaying possibilities: a super character with quadriplegia. That would solve a lot of the epic character issues with the d20 system (except Revan could still beat all the enemies, even carrying around an iron lung) ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You're retarded.  :p

I don't get it. Is that meant to be funny? You should be careful, because a lot of people have family members who are mentally disabled, and a careless comment like that can be very offensive. <_<

Using such a term only reveals your own prejudices.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why do you think I am concerned about your nerves when you make jokes at the expense of those less fortunate than you?

I think you should examine your sense of humour, if you think calling someone a retard is clever or funny. Maybe you are a little too quick to throw that title about, considering you can't post a complete sentence as a reply to any post.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Maybe Revan gets killed by a gizka

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!

The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons

Be all my sins remember'd.

I love that piece.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,

And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;

No more; and by a sleep to say we end

The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;

To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause: there's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life;

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office and the spurns

That patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscover'd country from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprises of great pith and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry,

And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!

The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons

Be all my sins remember'd.

I love that piece.

William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (Act III, Scene i, verses 56-89)

Me too. :cool:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think in part Shakespeare on the whole is often overrated. He often rambles when he doesn't need to.

When we put on a Shakespeare play, it is custom to cut quite a bit, and still his plays are fairly wordy while rushing through at a brisk pace.

But some of his monologues, like above are pure brilliance. I think he nails our will to survive, and calls it for what it really is, our fear of that which we don't know in death.

welcome to the land of the off-topic...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

"Love is not love, which alters when it alteration finds" "

This is for those guys...

If (IF, IF, IF) Revan were to return, here's a way I can see it happening:

1. You'd be forced to chose Revan as your main character, but you'd get to select the gender, race (not all heroes/arch villians are white men - get over yourselves, boys >_< ), face and LS/DS leanings. Maybe you'd get to chose your basic attributes.

2. The game would assign most of your force powers (based on LS/DS) and allow you to choose a couple of extra.

3. The game would force-select your "level" - which could be all new since Revan's been in the wilds, ostensibly working on his/her skills, for several years. So he/she should be a full-on Master by now.

This way, you can either recreate your original Revan with some degree of consistency, or you can go in a whole new direction and play it many different ways.

Regarding romances:

1. Depending on your gender selection either Carth or Bastila (making a fabulous return from the dead) shows up.

2. You can choose through dialogue options how that romance went or if it even happened. Something like....when he/she asks "why did you leave?" You can answer one of three ways:

a) "I never meant to hurt you. I loved you too much...."

b) "I thought you needed space to get over me. I just didn't feel the same way.."

c) "Listen, chump, I didn't like you before and now I like you less..."

And your story plot goes on. If you select option b you could potentially begin a romance with Carth/Bastila.

3. For the romantic twist/tension, there could be the option of developing a romance with a new NPC. Just imagine the dialogue for the rivalry! We'd get what we missed in K2. The dialogue alone would be worth playing it different ways.

As for the Exile:

1. Keep him/her behind the scenes, acting through your orders and in disguise.Through dialogue you could select the Exile's gender and answer questions from K2 about romance, leanings, what the heck happened.

2. Set it up that whatever DS/LS direction your Revan is headed in, the Exile is beginning to head in the opposite - seen in dialogue options via fuzzy transmissions.

3. If a showdown was absolutely necessary, remember that the Exile is in disguise - or better yet, disfigured beyond recognition due to following your orders! (imagine the guilt for a LS and the satisfaction for a DS Revan)

So, children, the moral of this story is: if you are going to quibble over Revan's untimely and heoric death, at least make the case for sparing Revan's life feasible. >_<

Children? I'd keep my proverbial mouth shut if I spewed that kind of dribble.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

He's just Unique. And I think the proper word that He was looking for was Drivel

Once more Calax corrects me. What a shame. :">

Unique I'm not, but not liking atowler's lofty attitude I do.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Okay, get a grip, Musopticon. If you can be snarky, I can be....hmmm....Calax, gimme a word here...? Never been called "lofty" before. Hmm...don't think that applies, but, whatever. Anyway, if you are truly offended, Musopticon, then I'm sorry.

My point is: just wanting to know if the "bring back Revan" fans have any ideas how to do that in a way that's feasible. Isn't the point of this forum to discuss possibilties and share suggestions? Having diverted into fine literature (nothing wrong with Shakespeare), thought I'd go back to the topic.

My point is: just wanting to know if the "bring back Revan" fans have any ideas how to do that in a way that's feasible.

Okay, I'll bite.

If Revan is a LS, then he comes back to the Republic and helps rebuild the Jedi order along with the others (Bastila, exile, etc.)

If Revan is a DS, then he defeats the Republic and the True Sith, and becomes the new "True" Sith Lord.

Feasible enough? EDIT: And if not, please explain why you think so.

Okay, get a grip, Musopticon.  If you can be snarky, I can be....hmmm....Calax, gimme a word here...?  Never been called "lofty" before. Hmm...don't think that applies, but, whatever. Anyway, if you are truly offended, Musopticon, then I'm sorry.

My point is: just wanting to know if the "bring back Revan" fans have any ideas how to do that in a way that's feasible. Isn't the point of this forum to discuss possibilties and share suggestions? Having diverted into fine literature (nothing wrong with Shakespeare), thought I'd go back to the topic.

Idealistic? :)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.