"Official Relase Date"??????

While I haven't heard anything personally, that sounds like it's probably true. The date floating around at one point was Dec 12, so the 9th would be just as likely, I imagine.

-Akari

Hopefully Lucasarts won't rush it, a la Deus Ex: Invisible War.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is interesting. I remember, seeing in the interviews, that they were already DONE with making the game by June/July, so they are now doing bug testing. So, a December release isn't actually an impossible idea. But I think the official tentative date is still "2005, most likely by February."

Or is it that after all the work involved and the constant rehashing and replaying and recoding to get a scene the way you want it...playing the completed version is the LAST thing you want to do?"

Since overall I'm pretty clueless on the story, I'm actually looking forward to playing the finished version. :huh:

-Akari

Since overall I'm pretty clueless on the story, I'm actually looking forward to playing the finished version. :)

-Akari

Let's just hope that MCA doesn't say that exact same phrase :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since MCA handed out false plot-documents to confuse the staff, FrankK changed the game whenever it suited it.  It only seemed fair.

Who knows what the final product will look like.

The staff got false plot documents? What if the plot changes three times throughout the game and you end up delivering the Ebon Hawk to Peragus as T3 at the end?

^This sounds good, and I've heard the devs talking,

but pessimism tells me it probably won't be released

until Hades One stops visiting these forums. ;)

And what's this foolish talk about "Winter"!? That sound a little too conviently

flexible to me. The vague terminology of a slacker.

Imagine if we all had pads that big on our schedules.

That's like saying the coffee pot at Obsidian will get filled

"when the beans arrive".

I guarantee nobody wants to hear that. :p

Are you sure releasing the game earlier is better? This means that they will have less time for testing and debugging, and that is bad.

Nik.

Lots more time for testing is not necessarily good. If your test suite is not valid 2X or 3X the amount of time will still result in poor quality. The hope is that a reasonable test suite can be run in the amount of time they have left.

If these devs are as good as most of us think they are...ehem Hades..., they will have established a test team that is as good at test as these devs are at development.

Or maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

Galen

It's building on an established engine that had received fixes to it. There should be less problems to fix or debug prior to shipping because they didn't redesign the engine from scratch.

And they want Christmas release date for big sales. Delaying to Feb would mean less sales. Besides, Akari I think said that the date Obsidian delivers to LucasArts hasn't changed. It's just the date that LucasArts wants to release it by that has. Pehaps LucasArts previously had some padding in there just in case that now that the game is further along and almost done they realize it's not needed.

The game's gonna start out Star Wars and it's going to end with Lord of the Rings with some Wheel of Time twists in the middle.

What? End lord of the ring with some wheel of time twists in the middle? They said their be no twists in the game so what do you mean?

Evolutionary Development

The game's gonna start out Star Wars and it's going to end with Lord of the Rings with some Wheel of Time twists in the middle.

What? End lord of the ring with some wheel of time twists in the middle? They said their be no twists in the game so what do you mean?

what happened was, MCA hands out the design docs and say "OKAY GUYS this is gonna be a Star Wars game".

5 months later MCA hands out the next set of design docs and say "NONO I've changed my mind. This is going to be a Wheel of Time game!" Everyone else just stares at him going WTF? So Akari goes up to MCA and asks "Hey man, we already did half the game in STAR WARS!!!!" So after licking their whip wounds, the crew got to work starting the game from scratch when Morgan goes "Screw it" and continues working on the game from where they left off, only now everything's in the Wheel of Time universe. Months go by and MCA delivers the last set of design docs. "OKAY guys I've changed my mind. Lord of the Rings is all the craze now so that's what the game's going to be about."

After a round of spiritless WTF's, the crew got to work.

And that's the game we're all gonna love and praise as a masterpiece.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

...And that's the game we're all gonna love and praise as a masterpiece.

:lol:. You really don't sound too optimistic about KOTOR 2 :p

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

"They said their be no twists in the game so what do you mean?"

Who said that? One dev here said he didn't even know the full story. O.o?

That's what I kept reading about the storyline, or so everybody else said so, I'm going off of word of mouth.

Evolutionary Development

And that's the game we're all gonna love and praise as a masterpiece.

oh..oh..Do you get to play a Jedi Sedai? I want to play as a lightsaber Wraith. One Darth to rule them all and in the darkside of the force bind them.