Obituary thread

Gfted1

The obituary thread...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sal Piro. Founder of the Rocky Horror fan club and one of the original crew that started the audience participation during showings.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

She was on an episode of Enterprise too unless I'm misremembering 

I guess I should have read the article because it says that in there. Just assumed because the few articles I've seen didn't mention it.

Now let's all take comfort in the fact that I was right and not dwell on the fact that I'm an idiot who comments on articles without reading them.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

30 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Bobby Hull, the Golden Jet.

That's the really terrible person but excellent hockey player, right?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

7 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

I didn't know him personally. :p

I seem to recall him being abusive to his wives, and him saying things about Hitler, he really should not have.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

15 hours ago, Pidesco said:

I seem to recall him being abusive to his wives, and him saying things about Hitler, he really should not have.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/30/sports/hockey/bobby-hull-death-nhl.html

"Another controversy erupted in 1998 when the English-language Moscow Times attributed some disturbing views on race to Hull. The Russian newspaper said Hull felt the Black population in the United States was growing too quickly. He was quoted as saying “Hitler had some good ideas. He just went a little bit too far.”

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Lanny Poffo, brother of the late Randy "Macho Man" Savage, best known for his run as The Genius in WWE (then WWF), age 68.

Knew him as Leaping Lanny Poffo when he was in the non-WWF territories, I've only seen his Genius stuff in retrospect. RIP.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

7 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Knew him as Leaping Lanny Poffo when he was in the non-WWF territories, I've only seen his Genius stuff in retrospect. RIP.

I remember he used to come to the ring with a frisbee. He would read a poem off the frisbee's underside then fling it into the audience. It was such a lame gimmick. :lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Raquel Welch

Sooo many naughty boyhood dreams...

Raquel Welch dead at 82: Former actress and sex symbol passes away after  brief illness | news.com.au — Australia's leading news site

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

Sooo many naughty boyhood dreams...

richard lester three musketeers (1973) and four musketeers (1974) remain our favorite adaptation o' the dumas musketeers books. raquel welch didn't have a major role in the films, but she were memorable.

am knowing anything cosby is verboten these days, but am not too proud to admit we enjoyed mother, juggs and speed (1976). not saying the film is making our best ever list, but it were fun.

kinda gives you perspective on the times, which for Gromnir don't feel all that long past.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)