Anime and Manga - I won’t allow your bones to stay on this planet. I will banish your evil soul.

Sarex

@Amentep Yeah, I remember liking the second part/episode a lot more than the first, motorcycles flying out of the helicopter notwithstanding.

mpc-hc64_QjsXTPe4fV.gif

Seamless, :p.

36 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

I hate to do this to you, I really do, but you've essentially described the setup for Uncle from Another World.

Somehow, I get the feeling that I might not so appreciate the supposed "rich and interesting friendships" element from a 2022 fantasy isekai anime with a male protagonist(s?), particularly one where just looking at the art style and how scenes are framed makes me want to tear out my eyeballs, :p.

36 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

To be fair, my sense of humor is offbeat enough where even the most innocuous things have comedic undertones.

Luckily, I don't have an issue with any of the things you've put of me in your signature. I think majestic currently has a pretty raw deal in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

7 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Somehow, I get the feeling that I might not so appreciate the supposed "rich and interesting friendships" element from a 2022 fantasy isekai anime with a male protagonist(s?), particularly one where just looking at the art style and how scenes are framed makes me want to tear out my eyeballs, :p.

tsundere-elf-3.jpg?w=1038&h=576&crop=1

• Confused 1

sign.jpg

Crossthread posting is very naughty Bartimaeus !

47 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Honestly I think you would hate it, but it is the closest thing I can think of to your desired videogame.

51 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Luckily, I don't have an issue with any of the things you've put of me in your signature. I think majestic currently has a pretty raw deal in comparison.

That's good to know. If you, or anyone else here, ever do have a problem with it just let me know and I'll change it.

6 minutes ago, majestic said:

True, but to be fair, the post was (intentional) KP signature bait. :p

Now I have been made the fool.

• Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, KP From Another World said:

Crossthread posting is very naughty Bartimaeus !

Discussion of anime should stay strictly quarantined to the anime thread, as per the authorities; I believe it is you who has been naughty, :no:.

2 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

That's good to know. If you, or anyone else here, ever do have a problem with it just let me know and I'll change it.

...What if I have a problem with a quote in your signature that isn't of something that I wrote? :yes:

4 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Honestly I think you would hate it, but it is the closest thing I can think of to your desired videogame.

Okay, good: I thought you'd taken complete leave of your senses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Discussion of anime should stay strictly quarantined to the anime thread, as per the authorities; I believe it is you who has been naughty, :no:.

I am always naughty.

We're only here because Sailor Moon talk took over rage watching Nu Trek, which doesn't exist anyways. It turned out well because a lot of TV turns out to be terrible.

...What if I have a problem with a quote in your signature that isn't of something that I wrote? :yes:

Then I'll change it to double down.

Okay, good: I thought you'd taken complete leave of your senses.

Well I have, but even then I'd not recommend Uncle DIO to you.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Well I have, but even then I'd not recommend Uncle DIO to you.

Meanwhile, you two weeks ago addressed directly to me:

On 9/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, KP From Another World said:

I'd tepidly reccomend Uncle from Another World

Would you care to revise your statements, tepid in nature or not?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Well, you will at least relate to this scene, not that anyone is really losing their eyes literally.

elf.png

Edit: I was googling some gifs and look who I finally found:

JoJo's%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20-%20Stone

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Meanwhile, you two weeks ago addressed directly to me:

Would you care to revise your statements, tepid in nature or not?

I was intoxicated and running on 4 hours of sleep. I dunno, the only only solid rec I have for you is the 90's Berserk and you haven't got around to that yet.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Not Japanese anime, but short animated stories for adults (no nudity and swearing is censored, but thematically probably not very SFW)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My friend was a little depressed and lonely so she invited me over to watch anime, so I bought some of her favourite icecream for her and sat down and watched The Demon Girl Next door season 1 and 2. I'm quite shocked how enjoyable it was!

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

My friend was a little depressed and lonely so she invited me over to watch anime, so I bought some of her favourite icecream for her and sat down and watched The Demon Girl Next door season 1 and 2. I'm quite shocked how enjoyable it was!

there are a lot decent nichijou style anime

non non biyori are maybe the best in recent years

30 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

there are a lot decent nichijou style anime

non non biyori are maybe the best in recent years

After looking at those they seem rather not as comedy focused. My friend did recommend jahy-something-something though for next time :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Redline was also the very first thing that Sarex recommended to me when I mentioned that I was watching an anime for the first time in my life, specifically Sailor Moon from the early 1990s. Redline is a 2009 action-racing film that's positively dripping with masculinity...which is to say, it was the complete opposite of what I was currently enjoying in the more silly and girly Sailor Moon, and so while it would've been bad for me even in the best of times, it was an utterly miserable experience in that particular context. Suffice to say, it took me a few more tries of things Sarex recommended for me to realize that we perhaps do not quite see eye to eye on what is either meaningful or entertaining in shows/movies, :p. But I'm me for a reason, so maybe Azdeus would fare better...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Redline was also the very first thing that Sarex recommended to me when I mentioned that I was watching an anime for the first time in my life, specifically Sailor Moon from the early 1990s. Redline is a 2009 action-racing film that's positively dripping with masculinity...which is to say, it was the complete opposite of what I was currently enjoying in the more silly and girly Sailor Moon, and so while it would've been bad for me even in the best of times, it was an utterly miserable experience in that particular context. Suffice to say, it took me a few more tries of things Sarex recommended for me to realize that we perhaps do not quite see eye to eye on what is either meaningful or entertaining in shows/movies, :p. But I'm me for a reason, so maybe Azdeus would fare better...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. 😄

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

If your friend is feeling depressed, watch something happy and optimistic like Ergo Proxy.

• Haha 4

I just can't get into Ergo Proxy. Tried it a long time ago, barely finished episode 1. Then few weeks ago I've tried it again since it is free on Amazon Prime again, but only made it to episode 3 ... For some reason I really can't get into it.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

5 hours ago, Sarex said:

@AzdeusIf you are up for some recommendations, mine would be Redline.

I might try it sometime :) I doubt she'd enjoy it though, she tolerates riding in my car because I drive her for free. She hates cars and racing.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

@Azdeus get your friend to watch Sailor Moon with you. :yes: But for the love of god do NOT watch Sailor Moon Crystal or the films based on it. Ugh.

Also get her to post here then.

Please?

Pretty please? :p

She absolutely loves Sailor Moon, I tried watching it and I cringed so hard that my brand new computer chair couldn't take it and two of the metal lumbar supports broke. I don't think I can afford buying her a new couch 🤣

Getting her to post her would absolutely ruin the music thread, can't have that, also she'd spam the TV-thread about LA by night or NY by night and such :p

2 hours ago, KP From Another World said:

If your friend is feeling depressed, watch something happy and optimistic like Ergo Proxy.

I don't think she'd mind, she likes Ghost in the Shell. I think I'd like it more from the TV-tropes description.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

She absolutely loves Sailor Moon

Good people, this friend of yours. You, on the other hand...well, the record speaks for itself, :no:.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Good people, this friend of yours. You, on the other hand...well, the record speaks for itself, :no:.

Not gonna lie, if you were to isekai her into a magical girl world, she'd fit in to a T as a manic pixie pink magical girl. The only thing that'd change would be she'd have to learn magic, she's got the pink energy vibe 👌

• Gasp! 1

33 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I might try it sometime :) I doubt she'd enjoy it though, she tolerates riding in my car because I drive her for free. She hates cars and racing.

She absolutely loves Sailor Moon, I tried watching it and I cringed so hard that my brand new computer chair couldn't take it and two of the metal lumbar supports broke. I don't think I can afford buying her a new couch 🤣

Getting her to post her would absolutely ruin the music thread, can't have that, also she'd spam the TV-thread about LA by night or NY by night and such :p

I don't think she'd mind, she likes Ghost in the Shell. I think I'd like it more from the TV-tropes description.

There is of course one other anime that she, and everyone else, should watch: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

• Gasp! 2