What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

Peanut butter cups ... to me it's not about rancid and more about moisture loss being more of a factor, so you lose the softening yet binding of the fats or emulsifiers, becoming kind of crumbly/chalky over time. Although for me it's seemed more like a year for store boughts.

Hard candies/lolipops and some toffee and brittles etc are the worst when it comes to room air moisture absorption, imo, becoming not-brittle and a little outer-layer soft in 3-12 months depending on storage (hard cough drops do the same thing).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Because some Egyptian long ago did it. Well, or maybe Roman

babylonian. base sixty and original babylonian time keeping influenced greeks, romans and others.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

more about moisture loss being more of a factor, so you lose the softening yet binding of the fats or emulsifiers, becoming kind of crumbly/chalky over time.

Hey, that sounds like me! 😟

• Sad 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When I was a wee lad growing up in Poland both the 24 hour and 12 hour way of telling time were well understood, but the 24 hour clock was more common, in my very limited experience. Whether you told someone let's meet up at 4 in the afternoon or 16 o'clock, either one was understood and in both cases no one would so much as give you a puzzled look, but 16 o'clock was more common. Granted, this was decades ago.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Powerball Lottery is up to 1.2 billion. My left and right big toe and the tip of my nose tingled and itched while reading about it, which, y'know, is the divine sign that Imma fur sure gonna win, so I must buy some tickets tomorrow. It's a sure thing. Don't let me forget, now.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Five tickets purchased, muahahahahah a life of luxury (and perhaps a volcano lair) awaits. Up to 1.5B now.

No no, I told you, my toes have spoken, I'm sure to win.  Mine, all mine. :shifty:

...today I made a pot of sausage/chicken/veggie soup, washed my 99zillion socks and everything else, and the rest of the time was spent wrapped in light blankies and watching TV or snoozing.  Cause it's winter again and that's what I do in winter.

It's time for my biannual daylight savings rant, and this is the good one, the one where we get an extra hour of sleep. Can we get rid of this stupid time travel bull$#+!? This crap didn't make a whole lot of sense when it was first introduced and it certainly makes little sense now. There are some places in the world, I think Arizona is one of them, with people smart enough to not conform to this madness. I wish the rest of the world would follow suit.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One of my brothers is DM in  D&D  5E for his daughters and friends. D&D has changed since my time of 1E\2E but they still having great fun and thats what matters the most 

He also uses 3D printing to create amazing figurines and characters from this website 

https://cults3d.com/en 

He used the designs  and then printed and painted the following figures for the party and they are a Tiefling fighter, half-orc barbarian, dwarf rogue and a human paladin

IMG-20221107-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20221107-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221107-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20221107-WA0006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

21 hours ago, Keyrock said:

It's time for my biannual daylight savings rant, and this is the good one, the one where we get an extra hour of sleep. Can we get rid of this stupid time travel bull$#+!? This crap didn't make a whole lot of sense when it was first introduced and it certainly makes little sense now. There are some places in the world, I think Arizona is one of them, with people smart enough to not conform to this madness. I wish the rest of the world would follow suit.

got a canine family member who is unwell. our current schedule has us sleeping when the dog gets something approaching sleep, but we do not follow any kinda normal schedule save for when we provide meds. pre fall back, we did meds at 8:30 and 20:30. now we do meds 7:30 and 19:30. even before the dog were suffering cushing's, he were kinda a d!ck 'bout his feeding times and as he could not read a clock no matter how many times we explained little hand and big hand positions in the most simple and straightforward manner, he did moan if we did not feed him at the right time every morning at crack o' dawn.

were similar to when we were taking care o' human family with round-the-clock med needs or when we had a major case. daylight savings affected us not at all 'cause schedules were defined by patient/client needs as 'posed to traditional clock-in and clock-out considerations. 

has been decades since daylight savings impacted us to any meaningful degree.

we do recall a time when losing an hour were a major blow to our sleep schedule. those were the salad days.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'd prefer we do it the opposite way we do it now, extra light at the end of the day in winter is nicer for me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Yeah, my dog is pissed about daylight savings too.

Im not surprised, its a Californian dog and you  probably allow it to  protest?

:teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yesterday I took my sister and her fiancé to the shooting range. He did shockingly well for someone who's never fired a gun before, he was almost as accurate as I am, and I've put roughly 1000 rounds through the gun. My sister didn't fare as well, though, in her defense, my Glock 40 is much too big and heavy for her. It's literally the largest handgun Glock has ever produced. On the bright side, she handled the considerable recoil of 10mm Auto well. Next time we go we'll rent something smaller and easier to wield. With my membership, the rental is free, I'll just have to pay for ammo (unless I rent another pistol chambered in 10mm). 

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Voted.

Republican because Musk said so.

This better not be parody, else Musk will ban you.

I may vote tomorrow, Beto is better than Abbot but I wish I could vote for the guy who threw a beer at Ted Cruz.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

it isn't difficult to condemn violence (admitted stoopid and  petty violence) even when it is directed at folks you don't like.

29 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Voted.

Republican because Musk said so.

y'know, if the media hadn't told us that musk implored his followers to vote republican, we woulda' never been aware.

we figure musk followers is either 1) people who already share musk values and were gonna vote red anyways, or 2) the highway accident rubber necks who, knowing musk has asperger's and lacks a social filtre, is just waiting for him to say something asinine so they can laugh or roll their eyes. is difficult to imagine either o' those two groups changing their votes based on a musk request.

the rest o' us find out 'bout musk silliness 'cause the media tells us which bits o' business news and train wreck quality social faux pas is worthy o' being documented and memorialized.

we decided to not buy one o' musk's cars after initial making a deposit. we cancelled the purchase 'cause o' musk views as 'posed to our opinion o' the auto. amounted to an effective + 68K fu. ain't much more need be said 'bout musk from Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gromnir said:

it isn't difficult to condemn violence (admitted stoopid and  petty violence) even when it is directed at folks you don't like.

y'know, if the media hadn't told us that musk implored his followers to vote republican, we woulda' never been aware.

we figure musk followers is either 1) people who already share musk values and were gonna vote red anyways, or 2) the highway accident rubber necks who, knowing musk has asperger's and lacks a social filtre, is just waiting for him to say something asinine so they can laugh or roll their eyes. is difficult to imagine either o' those two groups changing their votes based on a musk request.

the rest o' us find out 'bout musk silliness 'cause the media tells us which bits o' business news and train wreck quality social faux pas is worthy o' being documented and memorialized.

we decided to not buy one o' musk's cars after initial making a deposit. we cancelled the purchase 'cause o' musk views as 'posed to our opinion o' the auto. amounted to an effective + 68K fu. ain't much more need be said 'bout musk from Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

It's not really any different from how it was with Trump and the absolute outpouring of news outlets constantly writing about and reacting to everything he said on Twitter. Well, elsewhere too, but the least we could do is stop caring about the hundred or so tweets he would send out a day. Nope, guess we're gonna start to doing the same thing with Musk - people just can't stop clicking on it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I actually voted a week ago and definitely not for Colorado Republicans because they're all pretty standard MAGA Republicans. I miss not being overly concerned if my preferred candidate lost. Anyways, I'll continue this in the politics thread if there's anything else.

Edited by ShadySands
I got my ballot notification today
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

8 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I actually voted a week ago and definitely not for Colorado Republicans because they're all pretty standard MAGA Republicans. I miss not being overly concerned if my preferred candidate lost. Anyways, I'll continue this in the politics thread if there's anything else.

Unless you've paid for the Social Samurai Parody+ package, you'll continue this nowhere and will be suspended for making fun of Overlord Elon. Comedy may be legal now, but that doesn't mean it's free.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands