Ukraine Conflict - Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine tätige Unwissenheit

Darkpriest

9 hours ago, Elerond said:

Elerond can you think of anything worse than using children as human shields? Like I said earlier, just when I think the Russians cant be worse in their military strategy they prove me wrong and do something worse 

9 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I have found tweet about a video of official Ukrainian reaction to Belgorod "accident". It was not only denial, but blatant and masterful trolling 😄

And another Ukrainian official response to Belgorod.

They learning  from the Russians :grin:

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Lots of reports about executed civilians now. Also more stories of rape left and right. But I guess that's just ukraine propaganda or something something.

Their have been numerous stories of mass rape and civilians being executed

At the end of Putins War  some of these will definitely be  true and thats where the War Crimes charges will come from 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Their have been numerous stories of mass rape and civilians being executed

At the end of Putins War  some of these will definitely be  true and thats where the War Crimes charges will come from 

It's not just stories now, though. There's lots of photo evidence from areas where russia recently retreated. It's pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

13 hours ago, Malcador said:

Poland has a couple hundred they can spare, no?

I'm sure that between Poland, Czech Republic and Bulgaria you could assemble a small tank army.
It's just that the operational ones are not spare and the spare ones are not operational.

But for now it's not clear if numbers would be more than symbolic. 

11 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Didn't Red Alert comedian Zelensky just fire two generals?  Usually a good indicator of winning... ;)

That was more over alluded treason. 
Ukraine is not so united in the south and Donbass as they have proven in the west and north-east.
The list of treasonous small-town mayors and police chiefs is also steadily growing.

As far as I understood it, the two fired generals weren't around anymore for a while already. So this is just to make it official.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 hours ago, Lexx said:

It's not just stories now, though. There's lots of photo evidence from areas where russia recently retreated. It's pretty bad.

Yes exactly. Yesterday Reuters went to these villages and towns and took photos of everything, not just for news purposes but also for war crimes prosecutions. HRW, AI, and the ICC prosecutor's office are also on the ground documenting everything. The photos will tear your heart in two. Children burned to death in their mothers' arms. Young men and boys tied up and shot and buried in shallow mass graves, their hands and feet poking out of the earth. Bodies everywhere. And many bodies, along with streets, homes, and debris, boobytrapped with mines and bombs. In village after village after village. In Bucha alone 300 murdered civilians currently identified with more to come. These are not professional soldiers. These are cowardly psychopath rabble in uniform, the kind that would be groveling for their lives on their knees if they're ever confronted by NATO forces.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/04/03/ukraine-apparent-war-crimes-russia-controlled-areas

Edited by kanisatha
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The key word there is "apparent" and wartime propaganda (both sides) is still in overdrive so I would be patient and wait a month after the war is over to get a more accurate analysis about the conduct.  Here is an equally relevant counter claim.

Edited by ComradeYellow

45 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

In Bucha alone 300 murdered civilians currently identified with more to come. These are not professional soldiers. These are cowardly psychopath rabble in uniform, the kind that would be groveling for their lives on their knees if they're ever confronted by NATO forces.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/04/03/ukraine-apparent-war-crimes-russia-controlled-areas

After Groznyi and Aleppo, this is hardly a surprise. However, it is heartbreaking.

As the saying goes, barbarism begins at home. Child abuse in Russia is routine -- the numbers, if you consult the studies on this topic, are chilling. Given the nature of Russia, its institutions are also exceptionally cruel and conducive towards abuse. An awful lot of "hazing" and extremely serious physical abuse in the armed forces; the 200th Brigade is especially notorious for being internally violent and low on morale. (My understanding is that the brigade has now been largely obliterated in Ukraine, but not sure about this.)

All of this takes a very real human toll on the whole society: health and happiness levels plus trust in others plus life expectancy are all remarkably low. Russia is not a happy place.

So, not surprising that there is an awful lot of excessive cruelty and, shall we say, lack of what would be regarded as "proper" behiaviour, to the extent that such exists during wartime.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

One always has to be a little careful of the tendency of a nation to vilify an enemy state for the purposes of wartime propaganda, but on the whole the reports have been very chilling and increasingly beyond the point of denial. Russia is heading toward a very dark place.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I saw a Twitter thread that basically outlined that Russia's war crimes are not a result of 'a few loose cannons' or whatever, but are a deliberate act by a country that was very much hoping to genocide Ukrainians and put all the people in mass graves.

Anyway, Russia kinda sucks in general ey.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I thought the ukraine people were digging the mass graves for the bodies on the streets, because russians couldn't be arsed.

12 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Here's more:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/02/ukrainian-children-used-as-human-shields-near-kyiv-say-witness-reports

Here's hoping someday soon we can identify these war criminals by name and face.

Elerond posted the same link and their are other sources that confirm the same appalling behavior from elements within the Russian army :(

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Anyone up for a little piece of official russia state propaganda this nice Monday morning, in case if anyone doubts about Bucha being an outlier rather than part of a plan? And if reads like something out of the third reich, it's not your Google Translate's fault. It's just as chilling in russian.

https://ria.ru/20220403/ukraina-1781469605.html

Bugie do you speak and or understanding Russian?

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Yup. Fluent in it. 

Did you learn  Russian at school and when did you learn English and when did   you learn your home language? 

I interested about different languages people speak and how did they learn them?

John Milton 

12 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I interested about different languages people speak and how did they learn them?

In my country, we start studying a second language on third grade and a third language on seventh, at the latest (often fifth). Many if not most study three foreign languages by the time they're on 8th grade. So, people tend to speak multiple languages. I speak five, to varying degrees of fluency, and on top of that I know something about four other languages but could not read a New York Times type quality newspaper in any of them, so there's no real fluency there. English is not my first language. We're up here in the North of Europe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

Anyone up for a little piece of official russia state propaganda this nice Monday morning, in case if anyone doubts about Bucha being an outlier rather than part of a plan? And if reads like something out of the third reich, it's not your Google Translate's fault. It's just as chilling in russian.

Link not working. The whole site taken down? Anynomous at work? Dunno. But link not working.

Works for me. Funny how many times "nazi" is being mentioned. If you drink everytime they write the word "nazi" or a derivative of it, you'll die of alcohol poison once you're at the end of the article.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Link not working. The whole site taken down? Anynomous at work? Dunno. But link not working.

It's working. If you are in Europe, you may have to use a proxy or VPN, as it may be blocked by your ISP (much like RT).

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

32 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

In my country, we start studying a second language on third grade and a third language on seventh, at the latest (often fifth). Many if not most study three foreign languages by the time they're on 8th grade. So, people tend to speak multiple languages. I speak five, to varying degrees of fluency, and on top of that I know something about four other languages but could not read a New York Times type quality newspaper in any of them, so there's no real fluency there. English is not my first language. We're up here in the North of Europe.

What do you mean English is not your first language, I always thought you were English as in born in the UK?

John Milton 

21 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Works for me. Funny how many times "nazi" is being mentioned. If you drink everytime they write the word "nazi" or a derivative of it, you'll die of alcohol poison once you're at the end of the article.

A friend of mine counted it, he writes nazi 91 times.

32 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

What do you mean English is not your first language, I always thought you were English as in born in the UK?

No. I started learning English at school when I was ten. I have visited the UK several times, but I have never lived there and certainly wasn't born there.

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

Yes, but that is propaganda.
It's never easy to tell how common views like this are in the Russian society and more importantly how much they are willing to suffer for that vision.

There is a good article that this is only the beginning.
Personally I'm not convinced just yet.