What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

I didn't have any more patience in waiting for my water to thaw, so I did it the hard way. Filled a 50L milk can with hot water from a neighbour, undid the watertubes and pumped warm water down the tubes until it came loose, then I fastened everything back together and used the milk can to fill the system back up with water so the pump would work.

Running water is so nice!

Now I just have to wait and see if the water heater works properly or if I have to go rummage about looking for the overheatprotection reset.

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I ran out of internet again. Could play this or that. Could watch this or that. Don't feel like it.

boredagain-01.jpg

• Like 6
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Happy New Year everyone. At this point in time, 2022 is already old down here and I'm sober again 😢

• Haha 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Happy new year 😃

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

46 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Happy New Year everyone. At this point in time, 2022 is already old down here and I'm sober again 😢

Gorthfuscious if I knew I was going to be so thirsty this morning I would definitely have drank more last night 🥂

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Happy New Year to all. Let's hope it's a slightly less world "eventful" year. :)

...maybe moving will be the small little kick I need to get me out of my seeming life-doldrums. eg, could be best year ever!

...for some reason my brain is telling me that I kinda wish I could be around for 2222, because I missed year 1111 and it'd be weirdly cool to be in a year with all the same digit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

...for some reason my brain is telling me that I kinda wish I could be around for 2222, because I missed year 1111 and it'd be weirdly cool to be in a year with all the same digit.

Who says you can't? Born to live forever, or die trying. :p

edit:

Happy New Year to all too, of course.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

This year already feels old. Can we return it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

6 hours ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

This year already feels old. Can we return it?

It's like when you drive a car off the lot. Immediately drops in value.
...come to think of it, I was able to return that car I bought. Years should come with time-back guarantees! Then I'd still only be 30!

• Haha 4

Same ****, different year.

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

12 hours ago, Malcador said:

Same ****, different year.

Malc, that sounds disconcertingly cynical and something the extreme left would say and I know you havent been corrupted by their ideology, I am just worried ?

Every NY is important and significant because it gives us a fresh chance to be better and change things about ourselves that concern us. Never forget that

Thats why I always make NY resolutions, I dont stick to most of them but thats not the point. Its more about trying :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I didn't go to a Christmas party because I didn't trust everyone invited when it comes to health and safety. People felt I was being unreasonable and strange as I tend to be.

I noticed that the people I talked to since then were oddly evasive and didn't even mention the party.

Today a friend called and in the course of the chat asked me if I heard who just had a positive test result a few days ago...

I am not happy a friend is ill. But it explains a lot why everyone has been acting so funny. They are trying to avoid the "I told you so".

As if I were going to "I told you so" when a friend is ill.

I did learn though that just the knowledge that someone has the high ground to say it, makes people wince more than the actual words :)

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 1/1/2022 at 11:09 AM, LadyCrimson said:

...maybe moving will be the small little kick I need to get me out of my seeming life-doldrums. eg, could be best year ever!

It should. Moving is very rewarding. Yes, it is a lot of work setting everything up, but you can do things differently, do them from a point of experience of how you ended up wanting them. So you can do a few things right, which in the previous home would have been too much of a hassle to change.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

51 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I didn't go to a Christmas party because I didn't trust everyone invited when it comes to health and safety. People felt I was being unreasonable and strange as I tend to be.

I noticed that the people I talked to since then were oddly evasive and didn't even mention the party.

Today a friend called and in the course of the chat asked me if I heard who just had a positive test result a few days ago...

I am not happy a friend is ill. But it explains a lot why everyone has been acting so funny. They are trying to avoid the "I told you so".

As if I were going to "I told you so" when a friend is ill.

I did learn though that just the knowledge that someone has the high ground to say it, makes people wince more than the actual words :)

I can understand why you avoided the Christmas party but I am really leaning towards a view that says if you double vaccinated " when will it end " ? Should we keep avoiding public gatherings for the  next 2 years or longer with all these variants that are going to keep appearing ....Im not a young grasshopper anymore and I would like to still socialize before I end up in a retirement home :shrugz:

The CCP owes the world a massive debt....hopefully we can stop the focus on historical Colonialism as the " greatest " crime the world has ever know and they can start with counting the redress cost for this pandemic 

John Milton 

Actually, if the pandemic showed anything it is that countries' cannibalization of their public healthcare in favour of privatization and tax cuts for big business was criminal in how unprepared it left them for the pandemic.

Also how narrow minded and selfish most of the rich countries acted.

But aren't you getting tired of trying to turn every single one of your posts into lashing out at the evil left?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Actually, if the pandemic showed anything it is that countries' cannibalization of their public healthcare in favour of privatization and tax cuts for big business was criminal in how unprepared it left them for the pandemic.

Also how narrow minded and selfish most of the rich countries acted.

But aren't you getting tired of trying to turn every single one of your posts into lashing out at the evil left?

The pandemics origin has nothing to do with the evil left, its origin is irrefutable?

John Milton 

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

It should. Moving is very rewarding. Yes, it is a lot of work setting everything up, but you can do things differently, do them from a point of experience of how you ended up wanting them. So you can do a few things right, which in the previous home would have been too much of a hassle to change.

See the most I care about house arrangement is that the new "PC cave" is set up pretty much like my current one. Although I am considering some minor adjustments (a U shape vs. a long L shape). That's about it. We put no decorations on the walls, don't care about dining tables/furniture/pretty, anything that looks like HGTV. Black bedsheets are my "window treatments" half the time. We're pretty spartan/not much to consider.

That said, that big riverside park that'll be only 10-12 minutes (walking) away is something I want to check out in late Spring. Probably won't go there much in general but it's a new thing and I want to see it. Maybe I should get a bicycle again for it.

I think my life doldrums is more from being effectively "retired" for many years already, and a lack of desire for social hobbies/difficult to find new isolationist hobbies I enjoy. I'm starting to remind myself of my mother's mom when she was in her early 70's, except I'm 20 years early.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I am  flying back to Cape Town tomorrow, I have had  the most amazing holiday and achieved most of  my family and social objectives. I got to spend time with my family members I hadn't seen in 2 years due to the various lockdowns and both NY and Xmas were full of laughs, good food and great company 🥂

And I went on numerous beach hikes, snorkeling activities   and exercised regularly which was appreciated despite the weather  being interminably bad or rather overcast 

I hope this bodes well for 2022  because its hard to think it could be worse than 2021 with all the carnage and damage the pandemic did within SA 8)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton