What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

9 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Oh no, I've tried but go she thinks this whole concept is really weird. Talking to a bunch of people you don't really know and sharing things with them. She's does, however, spend a lot of time on Instagram. 🤔

That said, she knows, and when she gets down on herself for not being a good cook it, oddly enough, cheers her up. 

And yet, we may know each other on here more than quite a few people we hang out with IRL.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

54 minutes ago, melkathi said:

And yet, we may know each other on here more than quite a few people we hang out with IRL.

Nah, I'm pretty honest about my alcohol addiction.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmm. We know what we want each other to know. We are whoever we say we are. We do whatever we say we do. Even our names are made up. None of those things are true with irl friends. For me anyway, I almost never share anything personal or of actual importance with this board. :shrugz:

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm. We know what we want each other to know. We are whoever we say we are. We do whatever we say we do. Even our names are made up. None of those things are true with irl friends. For me anyway, I almost never share anything personal or of actual importance with this board. :shrugz:

Your real life friends are watching you write this. We understand. Let them think your real name isn't Gfted1.

• Like 4
  • Gasp! 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

16 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Eldar!

<.<  Yeah, I felt dirty doing it, but I've had it done to me so often, I wanted payback.  Bastards.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Occasionally hubby calls me by my name and I don't respond.  Because it isn't LC.

:*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Occasionally hubby calls me by my name and I don't respond.  Because it isn't LC.

Isn't he LordCrimson by marriage?

2 hours ago, MedicineDan said:

Eldar!

<.<  Yeah, I felt dirty doing it, but I've had it done to me so often, I wanted payback.  Bastards.

I don't get it, but then again, I feel like this is one of those things that I will never get properly.

Edited by Skazz

4 minutes ago, Skazz said:

I don't get it, but then again, I feel like this is one of those things that I will never get properly.

Oh, it's just a silly inside joke, Skazz.  ...And now I guess I have to admit that maybe things *do* change around here.  You're new, and that's a change on the good side.

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

So if we are all alt accounts of the same user, but Gfted1 doesn't know us as well as the people he knows offline, does that mean he doesn't know himself?

• Hmmm 3

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

So if we are all alt accounts of the same user, but Gfted1 doesn't know us as well as the people he knows offline, does that mean he doesn't know himself?

So Gtfed1 is Dak'kon and/or the city of Sigil?

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

If our lives were lies I'm sure we'd have made them more interesting

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

if my life was (a lot) more interesting I probably wouldn't be on forums.

Case in point: I'm bored again.  😛

A couple weeks ago I was re-reading some fave books and I could really use some new ones but I still don't really want to buy e-books, and even places like Barnes N Nobles seem pretty lackluster for browsing shelves when you have zero clue/idea what you're looking for anymore.  Maybe I should be looking in non-fiction now instead.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 4/10/2020 at 1:18 AM, Gfted1 said:

I suppose, people carefully choose the information to share, regardless of the medium, be it online forums or meatspace.

I think, I've successfully adapted to the quarantine, as I fell asleep at work and reached my normal level of exhaustion and apathy. My clients became more active, so I had to work slightly longer than I expected, which made up for the time I slept.
Today I've completed a body-weight workout (pushups, leg raises, crunches, squats, lounges, calf raises) and attempted drawing, which reminded me why I mostly do B&W sketches (might be NSFW).

Spoiler

myrth__no_filters__by_fallencouslandhawk

Myrth, the Elder Druid, from Loren: The Amazon Princess.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 7:31 AM, LadyCrimson said:

if my life was (a lot) more interesting I probably wouldn't be on forums.

Case in point: I'm bored again.  😛

A couple weeks ago I was re-reading some fave books and I could really use some new ones but I still don't really want to buy e-books, and even places like Barnes N Nobles seem pretty lackluster for browsing shelves when you have zero clue/idea what you're looking for anymore.  Maybe I should be looking in non-fiction now instead.

I try to never read two books of the same genre back to back. I find it keeps my brain from getting bored. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

27 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Likewise! Zdrowych i wesolych świąt!

Wesoła Wielkanoc! (My Polish is weak, so that's probably not exactly right).

Edit: Wesołey Wielkanocy. Is that correct?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks