Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[4.1.2 MAJOR BUG] Broken core mechanic: Afflictions not supressable/not removable by inspirations

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2441 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It was mentioned to use Fugue Spores on the Giant Cave Grub, but that is an enemy ability, so I used Tenuous Grasp instead, the Confuse properly upgraded to Charm, and I got the boss on my side :)

He probably meant Fugue Spores poison which we can craft.

P.S. I've tried that poison on Giant Cave Grub right now. In my case Confusion effect gets upgraded (as intended) (see screenshot). But the Grub doesn't get charmed. Although that's most likely due to Charm being removed by friendly fire damage now. And perhaps the DoT ticks qualify as such?
P.P.S. Just in case: here's the save file. (v4.1.2.0047)

Edited by MaxQuest, 11 April 2019 - 11:22 PM.

• SChin likes this

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
I can confirm that with out without mods that suppress affliction and other abilities that do similar things do not work; hobbled and sickened a friendly intentionally and suppress affliction does nothing. Huge shame...

thelee

thelee

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It was mentioned to use Fugue Spores on the Giant Cave Grub, but that is an enemy ability, so I used Tenuous Grasp instead, the Confuse properly upgraded to Charm, and I got the boss on my side :)

He probably meant Fugue Spores poison which we can craft.

P.S. I've tried that poison on Giant Cave Grub right now. In my case Confusion effect gets upgraded (as intended) (see screenshot). But the Grub doesn't get charmed. Although that's most likely due to Charm being removed by friendly fire damage now. And perhaps the DoT ticks qualify as such?
P.P.S. Just in case: here's the save file. (v4.1.2.0047)

I don't have any mods. the DoT instantly dispelling charm may be what's happening (but man, that seems like a broken interaction that a weakness to intellect actually makes the poison worse because then you don't even get the confusion), but I would swear 100% for all time, that my combat log said "resisted" not "strengthened". Either MaxQuest has a special mod to clarify that interaction in the combat log, or I fell into a weird edge-case (possibly on Wael's mode something weird happens).

I've been busy so have not been able to go back into my older games, but is SChin saying that even my original OP with the putrid blast is not reproducible?

what about the cases where resistance causes the resisted afflictions to have no listed durations (same thing with weakness iirc)?

Edited by thelee, 15 April 2019 - 07:57 AM.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2441 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

but man, that seems like a broken interaction that a weakness to intellect actually makes the poison worse because then you don't even get the confusion

True that. Although the resistances and that encounter were designed before Charm effect got nerfed.

but I would swear 100% for all time, that my combat log said "resisted" not "strengthened". Either MaxQuest has a special mod to clarify that interaction in the combat log, or I fell into a weird edge-case (possibly on Wael's mode something weird happens).

I have a few mods, but nothing special or remotely related to getting extra info, at the moment.
Is there any chance you have seen resisted against stun/paralyze/terrify that would potentially land at the same moment?
If not... it's indeed some Wael shenanigans.

I've been busy so have not been able to go back into my older games, but is SChin saying that even my original OP with the putrid blast is not reproducible?

I didn't see him saying that.

P.S. Hmm, the save file in OP is related to that Putrid Blast issue, right? I'll try to replicate it... when I'll have time.

Edited by MaxQuest, 15 April 2019 - 09:21 AM.

Torm51

Torm51

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1767 posts
  • Steam:extol51
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey so no mods for me, and any time I had a debuff on my party and I tried to use suppress affliction, nothing happened and the affliction stayed on the party.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2441 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I didn't see him saying that.

P.S. Hmm, the save file in OP is related to that Putrid Blast issue, right? I'll try to replicate it... when I'll have time.

Have been able to replicate it.

But had to really try for that to happen.
- loaded your save, ran into those rothgasts and... no one is using Putrid Blast.
- after 2 minutes of watching, reloaded the save and... still nothing. The cast other spells, but not the Blast. But have noticed Tekehu getting "Reduced Healing" overhead text on each tick of Consecrated Ground (screenshot). Even through he wasn't affected by any debuff at all starting from the very start of combat.
- reloaded the save again. Rested with just water. Disabled Tekehu and Lillith AI. Still nothing. Rothgasts don't cast Putrid Blast.
- reloaded the save again. Rested with just water. Disabled Tekehu and Lillith AI. Sent everyone to be close together. And now I've finnaly got some Rotghast to cast Putrid Blast. Perhaps it's in their AI to cast it only if they can cover 4+ enemies or something.

Putrid Blast sickens and immobilizes. If Tekehu uses his Shark From, the game shows that Immobilized effect is waved from him, but he still can't move. And the game shows that this is due to sickened effect. See screenshots.

P.S. The good thing is: I now know that I won't be using Wael's challenge ever. Geez it's annoying)
  • thelee, DozingDragon and draego like this

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
I imagine this still has not been resolved?

rockfish42

rockfish42

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It should be with the next patch hopefully.

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

It should be with the next patch hopefully.

I hope so because it makes the game semi-unplayable.
  • Torm51 likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
They have trouble reproducing the bug on their end. But it seems they are waiting for this to get fix before releasing the patch.

I see a lot of complaints about this bug. But when I asked around for savegames, screenshots, videos or other hints how to reproduce it I didn't get a lot of feedback. :(

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

They have trouble reproducing the bug on their end. But it seems they are waiting for this to get fix before releasing the patch.

I see a lot of complaints about this bug. But when I asked around for savegames, screenshots, videos or other hints how to reproduce it I didn't get a lot of feedback. :(

I mean I could make a video of some sort but if they cannot find it, it might be unsolvable.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
They cannot reproduce it. At least that was the last thing I heard. Maybe it "accidentally" got fixed while doing other stuff.

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

They cannot reproduce it. At least that was the last thing I heard. Maybe it "accidentally" got fixed while doing other stuff.

I need to test it again but last time I tried Afflictions were all messed up still.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Maybe they are using a more recent game build.

But when I do testing stuff with the console I also have troubles reproducing it.

It seems you have to meet special circumstances in order for it to occur. 

Edited by Boeroer, Yesterday, 11:16 PM.

Torm51

Torm51

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1767 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

But when I do testing stuff with the console I also have troubles reproducing it.

My File was too large so I emailed it too them directly.

• Boeroer likes this

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Weren't you the first one to point it out? as in Suppress Affliction not working? How did you get it to work?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15246 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
No, that was thelee. I had problems with afflictions not getting removed by fitting inspirations. But when I start a fresh playthrough I can't reproduce it either.

Edited by Boeroer, Today, 04:39 AM.

draego

draego

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

One thing to keep in mind Aarik D said in discord there was a bug that was alluding them that they were waiting for. I speculated that it may be this one since the devs were responding recently in this thread saying they couldn't reproduce it but it could be another bug. i would be curious which one if its a different one. seems like the community would def try to help.

Torm51

Torm51

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1767 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No, that was thelee. I had problems with afflictions not getting removed by fitting inspirations. But when I start a fresh playthrough I can't reproduce it either.

So it is fixed for you now?? Suppress Affliction removes debuffs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Stardusk78