The All Things Movie Thread

Amentep

Punchable face, that guy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lol, I had to look up "shipping characters". *sigh* Im getting so old....

the tragedy being you will never get back the moment.  coulda' not searched and remained untainted and unsullied by weird 21st century fanspeak.

*sigh*

there was a moment. there was an ephemeral flicker o' time when gifted coulda' shrugged off the impulse to know... and so too did adam fall. on some level gifted knew 'fore searching he would be immersing self in one o' those banal millennial or tweener affectations. did it anyway, 'cause he were curious. 

is more than your youth which were here lost. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps we didn't add emoticons so as to proper signpost, but am hopeful none take serious.

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The Teen Titans Go movie was the best superhero flick so far. They kept referring to Slade as Deathpool, and the songs were amazing. They recreated the Lion King with Batman holding Robin up to the world.

Also watched Game Night, which was a fun comedy. Jason Bateman at his best.

Larson's Marvel doesn't come across as a hero. She comes off as smug as **** mary sue. She is no WW. That is either poor acting, or poor directing, or both. Gal Gadot came across as a real eprosn who wanted to do the right thing not to prove a point but because it was the right thing to do. Marvel is no hero. Is that what theya re going for? To be a Tony Stark? A guy who really shouldn't be a hero but gets dragged into it?

I thought Captain Marvel was supposed to be the 'deal' ala Superman not a Tony Stark figure? L0L

Then again, any  character that literally refrs to themselves as a hero (and seriously) as she does in her trailer is certainly no real hero. *goes back to watching WW*

I'll eventually watch this film because hey Samuel L. Jackson is in it and I love super hero action.I just got to hope she comes off as way less smug in the actual movie. Where is the Brie Larson from earlier movie where had finesse and acting skillz?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I will always remember the day when my mother picked up some Stargate Slash-Fiction to read without understanding exactly what that meant she'd actually be reading.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Dawn Wall, via Netflix

Good documentary about freeclimbing and the two guys that did the Dawn Wall in Yosemite. Lots of bro-bonding in the last half. Also answered the question of how do you deal with a #2 while camping on the edge of a sheer cliffwall. Not that I really needed that answered, but there it is.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I will always remember the day when my mother picked up some Stargate Slash-Fiction to read without understanding exactly what that meant she'd actually be reading.

That reminds me of the time we had a fanfiction contest on Ashford City (one of the more popular Interplay spinoff boards). Fun times. A good deal of slash fiction. And some poking fun on people who thought Goldenbell was a real girl (like Yrkoon, heh).

Seems so far away now. I'm not even sure if people who posted at AC are left on this forum.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Watched CM today. I liked it but it's definitely not one of the best Marvel movies.

There's really only one direct tie, a mid credit sequence which will probably be in Endgame.

My guess is that you don't need to see it for endgame.

That said I liked it pretty well, personally.

That scene doesn't spoil the movie and they can't leave it out of Endgame. It would be very strange.

And imho even the (really funny) post-credits scene is all right to watch, although it does reveal something that happened in the movie.

sign.jpg

Even as someone who enjoyed Captain Marvel, I have to admit she shows more panache in that clip without saying anything than she had in her own movie.

Also prepare for Thor and Carol being shipped until the world ends.

Thor was really talking about his axe.

• Like 3

Then again, any  character that literally refrs to themselves as a hero (and seriously) as she does in her trailer is certainly no real hero. *goes back to watching WW*

She smirks as she says it, I took it she was being funny.

Watched CM today. I liked it but it's definitely not one of the best Marvel movies.

There's really only one direct tie, a mid credit sequence which will probably be in Endgame.

My guess is that you don't need to see it for endgame.

That said I liked it pretty well, personally.

That scene doesn't spoil the movie and they can't leave it out of Endgame. It would be very strange.

And imho even the (really funny) post-credits scene is all right to watch, although it does reveal something that happened in the movie.

I didn't say it'd spoil it and I did say I thought it'd be in Endgame, so not sure what you're replying to...?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Then again, any character that literally refrs to themselves as a hero (and seriously) as she does in her trailer is certainly no real hero. *goes back to watching WW*

I don't recall the line being in the movie. Doesn't mean it wasn't, I just don't recall.

That horrible "I'm going to end it" line definitely isn't.

So, this Thursday/Friday the animated feature film Wonder Park opened.  This is the first feature film in Hollywood history that does not have a director listed in the credit.  So WTF happened?

The first director, Dylan Brown, (like his old boss  John Lasseter at Pixar,) was fired when multiple women came forward with complaints of sexual harassment during the height of #MeToo.

And then two other men, David Feiss and Robert Iscove, replaced one after another in quick succession as the directors  Supposedly both were also let go due to (rumored) inappropriate behaviors towards women.

Finally, the studio decided that, "all these men have been ****ing nightmares, let's just hire a  woman instead," and Claire Kilner became the director near the end of the production.

The problem is, neither of the four directors has done enough work for the film to get credited as a director under union rules.  So Wonder Park is now officially the first feature film in Hollywood history without a director credited or listed.

Edited by ktchong

"I don't recall the line being in the movie. Doesn't mean it wasn't, I just don't recall."

That just makes it worse because that is what really made me not want to go. I can ignore the SJW garbage. I've done it with other movies. And, Larson isn't a horrible actress as I've seen her in movies and thought she did a good job but that line is garbage. Maybe  they rethought its conclusion? If so, that is good.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Then again, any character that literally refrs to themselves as a hero (and seriously) as she does in her trailer is certainly no real hero. *goes back to watching WW*

I don't recall the line being in the movie. Doesn't mean it wasn't, I just don't recall.

That horrible "I'm going to end it" line definitely isn't.

Its when they're driving and Fury says something like "So, Skrulls are the bad guys.  And you're Kree.  A race of noble warriors?"

And Carol follows up with "Heroes. Noble warrior heroes" and smirks or smiles when saying it, like she's not really being serious about it, recognizing the pomposity of the Kree's self-image even though she at that point still sees herself as Kree.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man