Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Was it not the assumption in Kotor that Revan and Malak as they went for the quest for the Star Maps for the first time, used the Force to directly leech from the mind of a sentient being his language, and be able to speak it right away?

That's an ingenious way of including in the game so many different aliens all speaking in their native languages to the main character, which, though it had its limitations (!), was a great feature of Kotor. Now this new PC isn't likely to really speak 'all languages' -unless he too turns out to have unusual learning capabilities. Does that mean we'll encounter fewer aliens who'll speak to us? Are they all going to speak in galactic basic? If they do, I guess the amount of voice art will probably increase greatly.

So I find there's an interesting situation here: What is the alien language policy for TSL?

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Just a couple of questions that hopefully someone can answer.

Will we be able to level up the same way as in KOTOR? Meaning can I save all my levels until I get my new Jedi class and dump them all into there. I never leveled up once on Taris. I saved it so I could get more Force Powers. I think it's a cool way of rewarding people who put the work and strategy into doing that.

Will there be more objects that are useful for the Dark Side? While playing DS was certainly easier it seemed like everything that was of use was limited to the light side. The Qel-Droma robes, the sappith crystal, and the head band that increased your wisdom by five. It's like if you're dark side then you're stuck getting by, by yourself. Any change coming through about that?

I've read about the new fighting animations coming through but I also read about how your actual force powers(new and old) will have much cooler animations. I wanted to know how that is really possible and what types of changes you all are talking about making.

And this last one I know probably won't get answered(if any of them are) but I can't help myself. I heard we're going to have Battle Meditation. Will there be an opportunity to apply this ability to an entire fleet or will it just be for your immediate party?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Was it not the assumption in Kotor that Revan and Malak as they went for the quest for the Star Maps for the first time, used the Force to directly leech from the mind of a sentient being his language, and be able to speak it right away?

That's an ingenious way of including in the game so many different aliens all speaking in their native languages to the main character, which, though it had its limitations (!), was a great feature of Kotor. Now this new PC isn't likely to really speak 'all languages' -unless he too turns out to have unusual learning capabilities. Does that mean we'll encounter fewer aliens who'll speak to us? Are they all going to speak in galactic basic? If they do, I guess the amount of voice art will probably increase greatly.

So I find there's an interesting situation here: What is the alien language policy for TSL?

There will be plenty of different alien languages in KOTOR2... more than in KOTOR1. As for how you, the player, communicate with these species, you're going to have to wait until you play the game :blink:

SiO2

Just a couple of questions that hopefully someone can answer.

Will we be able to level up the same way as in KOTOR? Meaning can I save all my levels until I get my new Jedi class and dump them all into there. I never leveled up once on Taris. I saved it so I could get more Force Powers. I think it's a cool way of rewarding people who put the work and strategy into doing that.

Will there be more objects that are useful for the Dark Side? While playing DS was certainly easier it seemed like everything that was of use was limited to the light side. The Qel-Droma robes, the sappith crystal, and the head band that increased your wisdom by five. It's like if you're dark side then you're stuck getting by, by yourself. Any change coming through about that?

I've read about the new fighting animations coming through but I also read about how your actual force powers(new and old) will have much cooler animations. I wanted to know how that is really possible and what types of changes you all are talking about making.

And this last one I know probably won't get answered(if any of them are) but I can't help myself. I heard we're going to have Battle Meditation. Will there be an opportunity to apply this ability to an entire fleet or will it just be for your immediate party?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1) The experience system will function the same.

2) There were plenty of dark-side-only equipables in KOTOR1... you just have to find them :blink:

3) New combat animations you can see in the screenshots that have been released. As far as the old force powers animations, we might spruce them up a bit, but we don't have the time to completely redo all of them.

4) :ph34r:

SiO2

There will be plenty of different alien languages in KOTOR2... more than in KOTOR1. As for how you, the player, communicate with these species, you're going to have to wait until you play the game :huh:

Please dont make us go through the whole "learn the language" spiel like with the stowaway.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

1) The experience system will function the same.

2) There were plenty of dark-side-only equipables in KOTOR1... you just have to find them :huh:

3) New combat animations you can see in the screenshots that have been released. As far as the old force powers animations, we might spruce them up a bit, but we don't have the time to completely redo all of them.

4) :ph34r:

Yes, but they were all lame with the exclusion of Revan's robes. <_<

PC: w00t! I'm a badass Darksider, and all I get is some ubersh!t earmuffs, and lizard leather gloves.

^_^

My DS consular used Magna Ragos' gauntlets.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

There will be plenty of different alien languages in KOTOR2... more than in KOTOR1. As for how you, the player, communicate with these species, you're going to have to wait until you play the game :p

Please dont make us go through the whole "learn the language" spiel like with the stowaway.

it might help if we had someone to translate.....say like a droid.....an assasin droid

anyways, you just used the force to understand in the first one, sure you can just do it again

You start out as a level 1 Jedi. The explanation is that you lost your connection with the Force, or just stopped using the Force, or your memories relating to Force training were altered/destroyed. They've never specified that you'll start off without Force powers, I don't believe, and it's been specified countless times you won't be starting out as a soldier/scoundrel/scout etc. as you did in the first game. Jedi first thing, whether or not you have force powers.

Question (probably too specific): You've said there will be a prominent theme of the Master/Apprentice relationship. Will the PC ever take on an Apprentice of any sort throughout the game? Train other character's a skill or two?

They'd have some sort of explanation. I would argue that it's not a given the PC will be able to understand any language imaginable. In the first one, the guardian machine for the first star forge on Dantooine spoke in several languages you didn't know, not to mention the Sand People needed HK for you to speak with them.

All I'm suggesting is that you might not get your Force powers immediately. Maybe they said you start off with Force powers, but I don't remember it - still, there's no reason I can think of they'd necessarily specify that you start with Force powers, as that would be the general assumption anyway.

I think you should get force powers at 1st lvl, but not be able to use them until later. Otherwise it would be a waste of a lvl in that regard, right?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I think you should get force powers at 1st lvl, but not be able to use them until later. Otherwise it would be a waste of a lvl in that regard, right?

No. You would just have fewer powers and they wouldn't be as developed.