Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Respect for a sith lord.

In the first game it seemed to me somewhat unrealistic that a simple czerka rep would start mouthing off to my, level 20 evil person, with white skin, rubbery veins and the ability to choke the life out of him with but a thought.

Not only this however I was unable to instil the proper respect into him by choking the life out of him as the dialog option did not appear :p.

There is also the issue of the woman and the plate; now would you truly go up to the dark lord of the sith and beg in that manner?

I promise I won't be evil to people ... unless they deserve it.

Will people show my sith character, the proper respect?

Respect for a sith lord.

In the first game it seemed to me somewhat unrealistic that a simple czerka rep would start mouthing off to my, level 20 evil person, with white skin, rubbery veins and the ability to choke the life out of him with but a thought.

Not only this however I was unable to instil the proper respect into him by choking the life out of him as the dialog option did not appear :(.

There is also the issue of the woman and the plate; now would you truly go up to the dark lord of the sith and beg in that manner?

I promise I won't be evil to people ... unless they deserve it.

Will people show my sith character, the proper respect?

There are a lot of stupid people in our galaxy. The SW galaxy is no exception :D

SiO2

Are only the Darkside choices being improved, or are the Lightside and morally grey areas also being improved (branching off from the stereotypical 'goody-two-shoes' thing all Lightside Jedi seemed to have going in the first game)?

Are only the Darkside choices being improved, or are the Lightside and morally grey areas also being improved (branching off from the stereotypical 'goody-two-shoes' thing all Lightside Jedi seemed to have going in the first game)?

We try to incorporate the "teach a man to fish..." philosophy where we can, but good is good. If you do something nice, it's going to be "nice"...

SiO2

Is it possible for Obsidian to leave it moddable so we can add 5other planets, even if we have to take another ship there???

99.999999999999% No. This has been asked before... in this very thread I believe. :unsure:

I'd post a angry smilie if I didn't hate them more...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Hi, I've been lurking for about a week, been waiting for KOTOR II, doing a yahoo search every few months, did one last week, and bam, there's all this great info about the next game due this winter. I've played KOTOR I through three times and will probably play a fourth time right before the next one's released just to refresh my memory.

Anyway, I did have a question for the devs, which is why I joined. After doing some looking I haven't seen my question discussed.

I've read a bit about the development team being concerned with replayability, hence being questioned about the outcome of the first game, having different characters be able to join based on the PC's alignment and being able to sway NPCs based on the path the PC takes. It all sounds cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

Now the thing about KOTOR I's replayability for me, I mean what got me to sit down and play through the game twice after the first time through, was wanting to see the second ending, wanting to see how the characters would react to a DS character, and wanting to try out a bad-chick character (obviously, I played through LS the first time). After that was done, I felt like I had seen about all I needed to see in the game. After that, I knew that I would play through Taris with my character as fast as possible, go through the game leveling up, and in the end make a decision to either join Bastilla or not and that would determine the outcome of the game. I could be completely evil and choose the good ending, or be completely good and choose the bad ending, whatever I wanted, and there really wasn't that much more that I missed. After all, I played through exploring as many avenues as possible the first two times through, so here's my question:

WILL THERE BE MORE THAN TWO ENDINGS???

I know that trying to develop a game with a number of different outcomes could be time consuming (but not necessarily so), but I think it would make for a much more compelling game, and especially if the outcome wasn't determined by a single choice at the end of the game. For example, it would have been nice if there were 4 endings to KOTOR 1, 2 LS & 2 DS. I would envision it in this way:

1. You've played an LS character and choose the LS path at the end of the game. Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

2. You've played a DS character and choose the DS path at the end of the game. Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

3. You've played an LS character, but choose to join Bastilla at the end of the game. Could lead to a completely different ending than presented in the game, maybe Revan feels remorse & Bastilla becomes the new Sith Lord, or Bastilla, sensing Revan's weak LS tendencies tries to kill him leading to ...

4. You've played a DS character, but choose to listen to Jolee & Juhani. Leads to Revan saving the universe from the Star Forge, but the jedi council, seeing the inherent evil in Revan, banish him or otherwise incarcerate him & Bastilla leading to ...

Alright, my question is starting to look like a suggestion, I'll end it here and hope for a response other then :ph34r: I figure I'll probably get that, but I won't get an answer if I don't ask, right?

Thanks for your time. :)

Will there be left handed characters, and can the player character be left handed?

Edit: Oh, one more thing I just thought of. If HK-47 is in the game, could you have him rip the arms off someone after losing in Pazaak or some other game? I don't know why, but suddenly C-3PO and Han's comments from the original movie came to my mind, along with the idea that it would be ironic if a droid did indeed rip someone's arms off when he lost.

Sorry, it just came to my mind. Uh, anyways, about left handed characters...

Hey dev's I know this is really almost to early to ask but I was wondering if and or when patches become available will there be another way of getting then other than having xbox live? I personally don't have access to a highspeed connection and I can't get a credit card so it would be nice if the updates (if there are any) would be offered on CD or DVD.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hi, I've been lurking for about a week, been waiting for KOTOR II, doing a yahoo search every few months, did one last week, and bam, there's all this great info about the next game due this winter. I've played KOTOR I through three times and will probably play a fourth time right before the next one's released just to refresh my memory.

Anyway, I did have a question for the devs, which is why I joined. After doing some looking I haven't seen my question discussed.

I've read a bit about the development team being concerned with replayability, hence being questioned about the outcome of the first game, having different characters be able to join based on the PC's alignment and being able to sway NPCs based on the path the PC takes. It all sounds cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

Now the thing about KOTOR I's replayability for me, I mean what got me to sit down and play through the game twice after the first time through, was wanting to see the second ending, wanting to see how the characters would react to a DS character, and wanting to try out a bad-chick character (obviously, I played through LS the first time). After that was done, I felt like I had seen about all I needed to see in the game. After that, I knew that I would play through Taris with my character as fast as possible, go through the game leveling up, and in the end make a decision to either join Bastilla or not and that would determine the outcome of the game. I could be completely evil and choose the good ending, or be completely good and choose the bad ending, whatever I wanted, and there really wasn't that much more that I missed. After all, I played through exploring as many avenues as possible the first two times through, so here's my question:

I know that trying to develop a game with a number of different outcomes could be time consuming (but not necessarily so), but I think it would make for a much more compelling game, and especially if the outcome wasn't determined by a single choice at the end of the game. For example, it would have been nice if there were 4 endings to KOTOR 1, 2 LS & 2 DS. I would envision it in this way:

1. You've played an LS character and choose the LS path at the end of the game. Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

2. You've played a DS character and choose the DS path at the end of the game. Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

3. You've played an LS character, but choose to join Bastilla at the end of the game. Could lead to a completely different ending than presented in the game, maybe Revan feels remorse & Bastilla becomes the new Sith Lord, or Bastilla, sensing Revan's weak LS tendencies tries to kill him leading to ...

4. You've played a DS character, but choose to listen to Jolee & Juhani. Leads to Revan saving the universe from the Star Forge, but the jedi council, seeing the inherent evil in Revan, banish him or otherwise incarcerate him & Bastilla leading to ...

Alright, my question is starting to look like a suggestion, I'll end it here and hope for a response other then :ph34r: I figure I'll probably get that, but I won't get an answer if I don't ask, right?

Thanks for your time. :rolleyes:

Probably :huh:

SiO2

Will there be left handed characters, and can the player character be left handed?

Edit: Oh, one more thing I just thought of. If HK-47 is in the game, could you have him rip the arms off someone after losing in Pazaak or some other game? I don't know why, but suddenly C-3PO and Han's comments from the original movie came to my mind, along with the idea that it would be ironic if a droid did indeed rip someone's arms off when he lost.

Sorry, it just came to my mind. Uh, anyways, about left handed characters...

Doubt it... Right hand is almost always primary in games and I think it would be a lot of work to have both available.

SiO2

Hey dev's I know this is really almost to early to ask but I was wondering if and or when patches become available will there be another way of getting then other than having xbox live? I personally don't have access to a highspeed connection and I can't get a credit card so it would be nice if the updates (if there are any) would be offered on CD or DVD.

I'm pretty sure that's up to Lucasarts.

SiO2

I'm pretty sure that's up to Lucasarts.

ok thanks for the info.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Devs,

here's a question for you. there's been speculation that there will be a KOTOR 3 (or 4, 5, 6, etc). as the current developer, would you guys know ahead of time if LA plans on continuing the series?

my question isn't necessarily asking you to say whether there will or won't be a third game, but rather, in a yes or no answer, do YOU guys know whether there are further games planned?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hi, I've been lurking for about a week, been waiting for KOTOR II, doing a yahoo search every few months, did one last week, and bam, there's all this great info about the next game due this winter.  I've played KOTOR I through three times and will probably play a fourth time right before the next one's released just to refresh my memory.

Anyway, I did have a question for the devs, which is why I joined.  After doing some looking I haven't seen my question discussed.

I've read a bit about the development team being concerned with replayability, hence being questioned about the outcome of the first game, having different characters be able to join based on the PC's alignment and being able to sway NPCs based on the path the PC takes.  It all sounds cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

Now the thing about KOTOR I's replayability for me, I mean what got me to sit down and play through the game twice after the first time through, was wanting to see the second ending, wanting to see how the characters would react to a DS character, and wanting to try out a bad-chick character (obviously, I played through LS the first time).  After that was done, I felt like I had seen about all I needed to see in the game.  After that, I knew that I would play through Taris with my character as fast as possible, go through the game leveling up, and in the end make a decision to either join Bastilla or not and that would determine the outcome of the game.  I could be completely evil and choose the good ending, or be completely good and choose the bad ending, whatever I wanted, and there really wasn't that much more that I missed.  After all, I played through exploring as many avenues as possible the first two times through, so here's my question:

I know that trying to develop a game with a number of different outcomes could be time consuming (but not necessarily so), but I think it would make for a much more compelling game,  and especially if the outcome wasn't determined by a single choice at the end of the game.  For example, it would have been nice if there were 4 endings to KOTOR 1,  2 LS & 2 DS.  I would envision it in this way:

1.  You've played an LS character and choose the LS path at the end of the game.  Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

2.  You've played a DS character and choose the DS path at the end of the game.  Leads to the ending as presented in the game.

3.  You've played an LS character, but choose to join Bastilla at the end of the game.  Could lead to a completely different ending than presented in the game, maybe Revan feels remorse & Bastilla becomes the new Sith Lord, or Bastilla, sensing Revan's weak LS tendencies tries to kill him leading to ...

4.  You've played a DS character, but choose to listen to Jolee & Juhani.  Leads to Revan saving the universe from the Star Forge, but the jedi council, seeing the inherent evil in Revan, banish him or otherwise incarcerate him & Bastilla leading to ...

Alright, my question is starting to look like a suggestion, I'll end it here and hope for a response other then  :ph34r:  I figure I'll probably get that, but I won't get an answer if I don't ask, right?

Thanks for your time.  :rolleyes:

Probably :p

Sweet. Thanks again.

Devs this may have been discussed before but I'd like to know

Will single weapon fighting be made more powerfull this time round?

IN kotor there was no comparrison between using 2 lightsabers or a single one.

All you got for the duelling feats was a +3 to attack and defence. Which did not make up for loosing another weapon.

In TSL will duelling add to damage, or will it be +6 to attack and defence, to balance it with 2 weapon fighting?

Also I remember reading somewhere that players will have the opportunity to find the pc's original lightsaber- will this have any bonuses with it?

Thanks

All you got for the duelling feats was a +3 to attack and defence.  Which did not make up for loosing another weapon.

In TSL will duelling add to damage, or will it be +6 to attack and defence, to balance it with 2 weapon fighting?

Also I remember reading somewhere that players will have the opportunity to find the pc's original lightsaber- will this have any bonuses with it? 

Thanks

Yes that would be interesting to know!

Also do you know when more info will be released as the level of the is becoming poor, we need something new to discuss! And I'm sure this is asked all the time, so i apologise but i would still like to know, if you can tell us that is.

Also could u maybe answer the question in this thread?

New Characters

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Guest Fallen Jedi

All you got for the duelling feats was a +3 to attack and defence. Which did not make up for loosing another weapon.

Thanks

I'd like to know too.

Devs?

Thanks

I've played throught Kotor twice with only one single lightsaber, and it wasn't too difficult.

(if you choose wisely the crystals you can reach up to 10-40 damage to a one handed saber)