Questions the the Devs - Take 2

there's a walk button?

Added with the latest patch, though as nightcleaver says it sucks. It looks really unnatural, does absolutely nothing for you except slow you down, and you have to hold down a button to keep it going.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Otherwise, you feel like an actor who's trying to ad lib his lines and gets ignored by the rest of the cast, who stick to the script.

"Oh, I'm sorry Master Jedi, I shouldn't have been so rude."

"Listen, you twit. I'm chalk-white, have more veins showing than a 93 year old heroin addict, and am dressed in solid black. I AM NOT A JEDI!!!"

"Of course, Master Jedi. Visit the Republic embassy since you're on our side."

Standing before the Jedi Council on Dantooine is the real kicker.

Your face is rotting and could come apart if you sneezed to hard and they don't even see it. It made me wish I could yell it out to these clueless Jedi Masters.

Master Vrook: But beware of the dark side............

Revan: Master Vrook look at me...........

Master Vrook: This quest may take you down an all too familiar path......

Revan: Master Vrook, Look at me!!!

Devs,

Will the repair skill effect your ability to break things into parts and using the parts for other purposes?

look through the weekend developer threads somewhere in there it is mentioned that your repair skill will effect you ability to break down weapons other materials, Also as a side note your treat injury (I think thats the one) will effect you being able to break down chemicals to make med packs and stims.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Standing before the Jedi Council on Dantooine is the real kicker.

Your face is rotting and could come apart if you sneezed to hard and they don't even see it. It made me wish I could yell it out to these clueless Jedi Masters.

Master Vrook: But beware of the dark side............

Revan: Master Vrook look at me...........

Master Vrook: This quest may take you down an all too familiar path......

Revan: Master Vrook, Look at me!!!

I gotta admit that one did draw a chuckle of unbelievability from me.

Here I was, showing impatience about attacking Revan, telling them that I can do everything by myself and don't need help, and basically telling them to screw their advice, and all they did was a tiny admonishment about bewaring of the Dark Path.

IMO, Bioware should have made it where if you indeed DID answer all those questions darkly, or were evil about the entire thing, they'd then say "we don't think you're ready. perhaps a test of your will against the dark side is in order" at which time you had to do some quest on Dantooine and complete it as a lightsider.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

there's a walk button?

Added with the latest patch, though as nightcleaver says it sucks. It looks really unnatural, does absolutely nothing for you except slow you down, and you have to hold down a button to keep it going.

with the PC version? Wow, I've played through the game about 7 times now and never even knew there was a way to make my character walk, rather than doing that 100 meter sprint everywhere.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Fallen Jedi
Devs,

Will the repair skill effect your ability to break things into parts and using the parts for other purposes?

look through the weekend developer threads somewhere in there it is mentioned that your repair skill will effect you ability to break down weapons other materials, Also as a side note your treat injury (I think thats the one) will effect you being able to break down chemicals to make med packs and stims.

Oh yeah.. And your Treat Injury skill will also affect your HP recovery rate..

Devs,

Oh yeah.. And your Treat Injury skill will also affect your HP recovery rate..

Been answered already ;)

They have one guy doing the music, and I couldn't see how the rest would be affected by such rumoured (though likely true) layoffs too much. Let's hope the sound crew is still capable of quality work.

I can't imagine LA would advertise how badly the sound would turn out in the end :)

I have watched two different trailers for KoTorII, the latest shows the animations with no interface elements. The older one did show some of the interface and I have some questions about the changes I noticed:

1. The small overview map with the "you are here" pointer was moved from the upper left corner to the upper right corner of the screen where the KoTor I toolbar was.

2. There was a large rectangular health bar that displayed in the middle left of the screen ( and took up a fair amount of space).

3. There was a horizontal button bar that seemed to be floating on the left side of the screen below the large health bar mentioned above.

Are these changes going to be in the releaseed product? I'm asking because after playing KOTOR I many, many times, the interface i watched in the trailer felt "wrong". I don't see any possible benefit of moving the map from the left to the right and the health bar was way to big and intrusive. The floating toolbar was not too bad though.

Devs,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do we see any playable characters from the first KOTOR again besides T3, HK and Revan? And if you're allowed to say, which ones?

I forget if this is answered but: Besides for T3 (and maybe HK), will it be possible to have any party npcs from Kotor join you in K2?

Yes.

-Akari

I've been asked to clarify that a more specific response would be 'Yes, there are is a very limited number of party NPCs from KotOR1 that may join you.' Just in case someone was mislead into thinking absolutely anyone from KotOR1 may join you, because that's certainly not the case.

-Akari

Not Revan though.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

In the demo there were certain areas with crackling, violet-blue, tangible Dark Force that you could target like a lootable item.

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place.  When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment.  You even get the option to cleanse the area of it.  However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it.  All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

There might be LS force pockets, but this is still unknown. Just FYI this was shown in the E3 demo.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

In the demo there were certain areas with crackling, violet-blue, tangible Dark Force that you could target like a lootable item.

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place.  When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment.  You even get the option to cleanse the area of it.  However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it.  All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

There might be LS force pockets, but this is still unknown. Just FYI this was shown in the E3 demo.

Force pockets ????? what all this about ????

I must of missed something..... <_<