Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Han Solo was pretty blasterproof. Greedo shot from point-blank range pointing directly at Solo, and the shot veered off five fight to the right.

What are you talking about? Everybody knows Han Solo shot first.

Han Solo shot first.

Han. Solo. Shot. FIRST.

DAMMIT!

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Greedo missed. Vader was blaster proof.

I understand but I don't like it. I'm a big fan of Bushido Blade and the most rewarding experiences I had with Unreal Tournament was an instant gibbing death match with a bunch of crack shots. I wish the system were more about not getting hit instead of stocking up on constitution points and armor. In KOTOR(after a few levels) I never feared for my characters life when I went into battle because for the most part no one and nothing was really that dangerous, It was as if we all went to war with wiffle bats. It just seems to be missing the sense of danger.

You know what would be nice? wounding and fatigue animation. instead of getting bashed in the head just show all non fatal hits with a lightsaber(or all weapons actually, have you ever been hit in the head with a stich and coutinued to fight?) as glancing shots. I'm not holding my breath for severed limbs but diffrent branching animations that actually show the progress of each individual fight would put this game in the history books. Neverwinter nights had diffrent settings that allowed the user to set which set of rules the game would follow. I feature like this and or just allowing us to tweak the rules in an ini file would also be great since not everyone will not agree with everything I just said.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Han Solo was pretty blasterproof.  Greedo shot from point-blank range pointing directly at Solo, and the shot veered off five fight to the right.

What are you talking about? Everybody knows Han Solo shot first.

Han Solo shot first.

Han. Solo. Shot. FIRST.

DAMMIT!

You're right, Han Solo did shoot first. However if you watch the DVD's, which have been changed a bit, you'll see Greedo shooting first. Then Han reacts and shoots back.

In the original movies it was Han who shot first .. don't know why they changed that.

Greets

You're right, Han Solo did shoot first. However if you watch the DVD's, which have been changed a bit, you'll see Greedo shooting first. Then Han reacts and shoots back.

In the original movies it was Han who shot first .. don't know why they changed that.

Greets

Yeah, I know, it was a veiled protest against Lucas changing that. The original had Han Solo shooting first, no question; Lucas added in Greedo shooting first with the special edition, a move for which he was nearly universally lampooned. It was pointless, lame, made Han Solo seem less clever and less of a scoundrel, and made absolutely no sense considering (as noted in this thread) Greedo was at point-blank range.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Akari said in another thread that we won't see this in KOTOR:2.

The engine is based somewhat loosely on the D20 rules-set. So combat parses one attack round, and one attack roll at a time. Attack rolls are made against a single target.

You'd have to seriously revamp the whole rules-set, and thusly the engine to engage multiple targets at once.

The D20 rules allow you to use individual attacks in one round against different opponents if you have more than one attack per round. The number of attacks per round is keyed off of your base attack bonus. BioWare changed that when they implemented the game, to simplify the implementation I'd imagine. It would probably be a major change to their implementation though to change this.

Not to mention how much the stormtroopers missed in the movies. Did anyone EVER get hit by a blaster that was a main good guy?

And GAH, I don't know what SKILLS I'll choose! Even as a Sentinel with 10 int you get two skill points (I'm right, right?). It's a conspiracy, I say.

Not to mention how much the stormtroopers missed in the movies. Did anyone EVER get hit by a blaster that was a main good guy?

And GAH, I don't know what SKILLS I'll choose! Even as a Sentinel with 10 int you get two skill points (I'm right, right?). It's a conspiracy, I say.

The other thing about the skills in KOTOR1 was that they gave less skill points than in the P&P RPG for each class, mainly because there were less skills to choose. Otherwise, Scoundrels would be able to pick almost all skills in the game. :)

Greets

Yeah, I know, it was a veiled protest against Lucas changing that. The original had Han Solo shooting first, no question; Lucas added in Greedo shooting first with the special edition, a move for which he was nearly universally lampooned. It was pointless, lame, made Han Solo seem less clever and less of a scoundrel, and made absolutely no sense considering (as noted in this thread) Greedo was at point-blank range.

I'm sure George would want us all to believe that the reason Greedo missed in the redux is because he abandoned all of his bounty hunter school training. Instead of slowly squeezing the trigger...sqeezing the trigger ...squeezing the trigger... until

>>BLAM!!!<<

...the round fired, surprising him, he yanked the trigger like a goober in a gangsta rap video. Han noticed this error in Greedo's style and waited to return fire. He did not want to be seen as a monster by the local Smugglers' Tabernacle Choir members in the room. Bad form. No...Han is supposed to be an honest smuggler...a guy on the up and up.

So, he waited, and after everyone had the opportunity to see that Greedo had fired first, he returned fire, killing Greedo and causing several patrons at the bar to soil themselves....no droids were hurt, however.

Then George tackled the whole "Luke knew he kissed his sister all along" bit that he meant to do in the original ...due in the next release...

Any chance of using Force Jump in a more openended manner and not just in combat? It would even be nice to use it in combination with other force powers. For instance, in Jedi Knight 2 a common trick I would use is to jump above the enemy and use Force Pull to pull them up with me. When they land they take lots of damage, if not die.

Guest Michael Chu
Any chance of using Force Jump in a more openended manner and not just in combat?  It would even be nice to use it in combination with other force powers.  For instance, in Jedi Knight 2 a common trick I would use is to jump above the enemy and use Force Pull to pull them up with me.  When they land they take lots of damage, if not die.

Hmm... jumping puzzles... :lol:

George tackled the whole "Luke knew he kissed his sister all along" bit that he meant to do in the original ...due in the next release...

You can't be serious; great GL let's just turn it into an incest raunch fest while we're at it. Oh well, at least it'll make Leroy and his inbred family happy. ;)

P.S. Leroy=Metallic Falcon

:lol:

In an interview at RPG Codex FrankK said this:

I will be leaving the team shortly to head up the programming effort on our second title which is another big project for Obsidian.

If at all possible, could someone tell us a little about this new project? Is it an original IP? Does it use the Odyssey engine? Things like that.