Questions the the Devs - Take 2

They'd have some sort of explanation. I would argue that it's not a given the PC will be able to understand any language imaginable. In the first one, the guardian machine for the first star forge on Dantooine spoke in several languages you didn't know, not to mention the Sand People needed HK for you to speak with them.

I suspect that you would have been able to understand the Sand People had they not needed to put in SOME plot device as to why you had to purchase HK. Not to mention that if you were able to speak to them directly, there would have been no one to warn you not to ask a question that would have made them hostile... :lol:

;)

In an act to increase the realism in The Sith Lords, OE's new project, I wanted to inquire about a specific function...

To whom it may concern (This concerns you Devs!),

Will there be an option to turn off the Force alignment pop up after dialogue to maybe even enhance the gameplay, and compliment your less thuggish DS options? Would it be hard to implement? I was just thinking after brainstorming in another thread...It would not be permanent, just an option like the subtitles...

Closing Statement: Thank you for taking the time to read my post...

In an act to increase the realism in The Sith Lords, OE's new project, I wanted to inquire about a specific function...

To whom it may concern (This concerns you Devs!),

Will there be an option to turn off the Force alignment pop up after dialogue to maybe even enhance the gameplay, and compliment your less thuggish DS options? Would it be hard to implement? I was just thinking after brainstorming in another thread...It would not be permanent, just an option like the subtitles...

Closing Statement: Thank you for taking the time to read my post...

Answer: You will be able to shut the HUD off completely to allow for a more "cinematic gameplay experience". :)

----EDIT:

Er... sorry, I meant *ASPECTS* of the HUD. You won't be able to shut the whole thing off... at least not as of yet. Maybe in the future. Sorry :)

Edited by John Morgan

SiO2

I have a question.

1. Will people who speak basic be able to say your name?

2. Have you made it so that you can't use a name thats already taken?

1) That would be impossible to get to the point where we would be satisfied with the outcome. Most likely we'd have to use a synthesizer and that typically butchers words even with all the phonetical input you can cram into it. Plus it could still pronounce your name wrong and that would be nails across a chalkboard everytime you heard it.

2) That's a good question. I'm sure there are some rules but honestly there might not be any. Since it's a single-player game, you'd be the only person to ever see it so it might be open season. I'll have to look that up.

SiO2

My take on why they are calling them all Darth is for similarities for somewhat casual Star Wars fans to the movies and games. People who aren't up on all the EU material probably aren't aware that they weren't always called Darth. I suspect it's because LucasArts/Obsidian are aiming the game for a mass market that they made some discrepancies like this from the EU material/canon. Since I never read much of the EU books for instance, I wouldn't know this (except from reading things online).

Force Choke on love interests for Dark Side players would be great as well.

If this hasn't been answered, can we use Force Powers in conversations, that would allow for these kind of choices as well as others (Force Heal, for instance).

1. What species is Darth Sion?

2. Why do you call all the Sith Lords Darth? There were plenty of Sith Lords who weren't called Darth, example: Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Marka Ragnos... I also thought the Sith only began to use that 3000 years after KOTOR?

Sion is Human

Darth is not the name for a Sith nor a Sith Lord. Darth is referential to a Dark Jedi Master, similar to a Jedi master is just that and a Master Sith a Sith Lord

Jad'en

HK-47: May i kill him now master? I would very much like to crush his neck...

Revan: Maybe later

HK-47: Hear that meatbag! I'll be back...

Darth is not the name for a Sith nor a Sith Lord. Darth is referential to a Dark Jedi Master, similar to a Jedi master is just that and a Master Sith a Sith Lord

Not at all, Darth is from Dark Lord of the Sith, so it's a Sith title. A dark jedi master is something completely different than a sith, it's more like an evil jedi eg. Assajj is a dark jedi, Dooku is a Sith Lord=darth Tyranus.

Darth was standardized as a Sith Lord title by Darth Bane, who is still many years in the future (after KOTOR).

Why Revan and Malak used it is anybody's guess, as they seem to be the first with the title. After all, Exar Kun didn't use it, and he was only 40 years earlier.

"You shall not pass!"

Why Revan and Malak used it is anybody's guess, as they seem to be the first with the title. After all, Exar Kun didn't use it, and he was only 40 years earlier.

Well, it's possible that "Darth" was used since it's more familiar to "ordinary" Star Wars fans, who only knows Star Wars by the movies... But, isn't it possible that Bane wasn't the first who wore the Darth title?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Actually, you are in the first one, though I've never done it. With a debug code. It's how they take those nifty screenshots. B)

Yeah that's why I thought you could, we have a "screenshot mode" on our dev copies... don't think we're going to make it into an interface feature though... you should probably still be able to cheat it like K1 in debug mode. Don't hold me to that though :)

SiO2