TV's Vast Wasteland

Amentep

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The theatrical song is why Discovery is the best Star Trek show since the original Star Trek.

The NERDS song is even better than Patrick Stewarts Star Trek songs BUT I cringe and laugh at the same time when any franchise calls it's fans nerds lmao

The comments on the youtube video section are the best though, the majority enjoy it and are happily having fun, then there are the few who let their bitterness out the cage.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm pretty sure that Disney already confirmed on their twitter that the new streaming service would NOT be picking up any of the canceled Netflix/Hulu shows :(

Yeah, I remember now. I had a source but I'm too tired to look for it. It's somewhere out there, buried beneath the ashes of watchers denials.

Take this instead...

https://screenrant.com/netflixs-marvel-shows-arent-moving-disney-plus/

Edit: So according to the report, they wouldn't be able to go on Disney+ Service for legal reasons but that doesn't mean they can't do some crazy Marvel Ultimate Alliance show with those characters or something later? One can always hope!

I won't check that link because I want to be optimistic, but I wonder if they can't move the shows to Disney plus because they need to wait some time or they won't move even if they were allowed, to avoid pointing to Netflix content.

One way or another, they could easily create new shows, like Heroes for Hire for example.

sign.jpg

I believe that they have a 2 year blackout period from the date of cancellation before Disney can use the characters again. So no Heroes for Hire unless they use all different characters and more importantly, Disney has to want the shows on its new platform.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I believe that they have a 2 year blackout period from the date of cancellation before Disney can use the characters again. So no Heroes for Hire unless they use all different characters and more importantly, Disney has to want the shows on its new platform.

Hopefully they'll want them.

But for now they seem more interested in bringing Howard the Duck and Modok adult animation to Hulu.

sign.jpg

Really enjoying Deadly Class, another show based off live action comic adaptation, it came out of no where - I never even heard of the comics or show before lol

ROFL at that Nimoy video. I know it's being applied to the Discovery series but in a way it could also apply to film/TV entertainment in general (action/violence over anything else).

I miss Leonard. :geek:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And Good Omens is going to be dropping on May 31st. All 6 episodes at once.

Hm, and apparently the surprise reveal is that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Satan?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That moment you realize Megan Fox has more brains than beauty and she is super beautiful so...

Megan Fox talks ancient civilations, paleontology, architecture and archeology.

Who thought Megan Fox would turn into a Lara Croft? Nobody. But at least we know she isn't acting, this all came from her schooling so that's pretty awesome. Also, she's matured so much, and that's due to becoming a parent.

^This video is amazing because it shows how whiney some of the Star Trek fan community can be, here you have Leonard Nimoy talking about what he loves about being in Star Trek and of course, you guessed it, someone who didn't like STD had to twist it into "Leonard Nimoy tells us why STD isn't Star Trek" and the sheeple follow suit. Ironically we all know that Nimoy would enjoy and follow Star Trek Discovery if he was still here, alive... Like small children, they can't accept the reality that something is changing and yet, the hypocrisy is that they claim to accept that overtime we as a human race progresses.

Whine, whine, whine.

:facepalm:

The divisive fanbase of a given franchise says "My coffee is made with 2 sugar and 1 cream, if someone else makes it any other way then it's not real coffee!" in their ignorance which stirs, it's even worse when a the franchise is succeeding on terms they do not particularly like. Star Trek Discovery is the perfect example of this.

On Flash:

The Cicada bit feels a bit like a drag on, I liked the structure of the latest BUT I feel like the long play on Cicada is more than what he deserves. He's not as likable as Prometheus or Slade in Arrow. Maybe I'm just favoritizing, Idk.

On Gotham:

I love how jealous Barbabara is of Lee right now. I have to be honest and say I know this was going to happen long before this season was concieved and I couldn't be happier with what's going on right now.

On Manifest:

This show has an identity crisis but unlike any other show, it handles every element it weaves with grace. One episode is literally corporate "solid snake" espionage, the next episode may be 7th Heaven type love fest. In other words, it's pretty good and never boring, you would be lying if you said you knew what was going to happen.

Deadly Class:

It's basically Cobra Kai meets Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back but better than Jay and Silent Bob and not quite where Cobra Kai is at. Is there anything wrong with that? Didn't think so.

Young Justice:

Another awesome superhero show. They're always welcome.

Orville was good. Classic twist type story.

Im having a hell of a time getting into Flash this season. My wife even remarked in surprise that I have 3 episodes still sitting on the DVR. I think I prefer my superhero shows to be one-and-done per episode, not dragging some overall story arch over an entire season or two. Also, if you havenet heard,

Cisco (Vibe) is out after this season. :(

:facepalm:

The divisive fanbase of a given franchise says "My coffee is made with 2 sugar and 1 cream, if someone else makes it any other way then it's not real coffee!" in their ignorance which stirs, it's even worse when a the franchise is succeeding on terms they do not particularly like. Star Trek Discovery is the perfect example of this.

No, not at all. Star Trek Discovery is black tea sold as coffee. People who like coffee (regardless of how they enjoy it) rightfully complain about it not being coffee - even if it also contains caffeine and can also be taken with cream and sugar if one so desires.

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

No, not at all. Star Trek Discovery is black tea sold as coffee. People who like coffee (regardless of how they enjoy it) rightfully complain about it not being coffee - even if it also contains caffeine and can also be taken with cream and sugar if one so desires.

I find it hard to get behind "x in name only"-type arguments. "Coffee" refers to the toasted beans of a particular plant, so anything that isn't that, isn't coffee by definition. In contrast, Star Trek *is* whatever they slap the franchise name on. Which is kind of a problem with art in general.

That being said, when a show induces facepalming literally within the first five minutes and it doesn't stop happening until I close the browser, that's maybe a bad sign. I really wanted to like this show. The protagonist being an obvious STRONG BLACK WOMAN with hardly any flaws bar her own awesomeness doesn't bother me excessively. The redesigned klingons get a pass as far as I'm concerned. The nonsense about the fungus network engine can work if it takes a backseat to interesting plots.

The problem is, it never really does. What is this show even supposed to be about? Does Kurtzman know? So all I see is Star Trek: CURRENT YEAR, where the obviously overweight female cadet beats the visibly fit male Asian in a half-marathon after taking a few minutes to talk to herself. After a few tear-jerking scenes about how mommy never loved me enough and RAPE, one or two deus ex machina with some neato VFX interspersed, the credits roll. And instead of food for thought, I'm left in my chair with one question: why do I bother?

disclaimer: I do in fact shave my neck

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I feel like they over corrected Burnham's character. She rarely showed emotions in the first season and now she's always caring and not just caring. She's caring the most.

If Discovery doesn't get any better, I think the second season is going to be the last season for me.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.