RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - CON SEASON

Blarghagh

As always, emulation looks like crap. Missing textures, decales, light sourcing frame issues. Gettimg close though. Just waiting for a PS3 emulator that can actually work for more than a few seconds.

Check your ignorance.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the video where various shadowing gas issues and things are missing all over the place. Or maybe you just don't know about emulators in general.

But if you find a video of an emulator which showcases a pc can emulate PS3 cell tech in finest form or Switch games without framerate issues and problematic glitches that aren't in the game that would be great. Where is the solution for games that require dualshock 3 six-axis motion support which a pc still can't compute? There are so many issues that Emulators can't fix. If you know of any, I'd love to have them. I need Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction on my pc!

I'll wait.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

From what I've heard, the only game that the PS3 emulator can handle is Demon's Souls, for now at least. Mamoulian knew more about it.

But yeah, if emulation were that easy, Sony would have implemented it by now for the PS4.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

As of today, 1079 games are playable from start to finish with RPCS3. Nearly perfect emulation can be achieved approximately 10 years after starting the work on emulator. So being salty and bitching that switch emulator is not working properly approximately 2 years after the release of the console, is one of the most ridiculous things in tech world, I have ever heard.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So is EA going to essentially murder Westwood Studios for a second time?

Yeah, I'm not sure what a "remaster" would entail. Just touching up the engine to accommodate higher resolutions? Not an entirely bad idea, because the core gameplay is still fun and works today. But they already did that for The First Decade IIRC, and there's a limit to how much you can upscale that without making even Mammoths look like ants. And any changes beyond that will probably affect gameplay, and then we're crossing into remake territory, rather than "remaster".

Much as I'd like a solid C&C game, in the age of MOBAs, I can see a number of ways in which they'd botch a remake. This is EA.

Hope they can do something with the cinematics, but not sure if they have the originals.  Probably also change to the right click command way of doing things as people are pretty used to that these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Random video game news: Soon, we all are Microserfs, playing mobile games we haven't asked for and don't want, and in some cases, bots are playing them for us, for a neat little subscription sum, of course. 

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Anyone can tell me if it is possible to make screenshots on ps4 and upload them somewhere else than Facebook and Twitter?

Yes, you can copy them to USB.

That's pretty backwater tech. I was more thinking about internet solutions. :>

Guess I have to look for some old stick then.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well no. I was surprised as well, that only these two "services" are supported...

Does not Facebook downscale your picture during upload, even on high res setting?

As of today, 1079 games are playable from start to finish with RPCS3. Nearly perfect emulation can be achieved approximately 10 years after starting the work on emulator. So being salty and bitching that switch emulator is not working properly approximately 2 years after the release of the console, is one of the most ridiculous things in tech world, I have ever heard.

So you personally beat and tested all of them? Or did the emu dev just post some fake youtube videos/create a small webpage statung false accomplishments like all the others? On top of that, I'd like to see PS3 games which require six axis anal configuration (gyro configiration) isn't something you can simply emulate on pc. I will believe it when I see it.

And not being salty or bitching about the Switch emulator as I wasn't particularly looking forward to it or expecting much, just pointing out the flaws of it. It's quite different.

Also no, it's far from being nearly perfect lol there are too many issues that make it seem like it's in beta, the frame drops make it unplayable as they maje me nautious. I know that PC enthisiasts hate to hear this but sometimes it's just better to spend money on the real hardware and not rely on software emulation. In most case when playing a 3D game beyond PS2 era, it's harder to reverse engineer/emulate the game.

Does not Facebook downscale your picture during upload, even on high res setting?

Yes, it does for screenshots. Every 4k picture I upload looks like it's 480i lol

However, if I upload a camera pic from Digital 35mm SLR, it doesn't compress even a bit. Maybe Facebook hates gaming apparently.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I wonder how much it will be...

I'm guessing $200-$300? Lol

The best Warhammer game is a first person Gauntlet game. Who knew?

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I wonder how much it will be...

Looks like Xbox pad, lel. If it ain't too expensive, I would consider buying it.

It says "pre order now" ... but where?

/edit: $200 no thanks.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://youtu.be/6iHELp8SWFM

https://youtu.be/b0JKLdPKOTM

The flow and narrative of the game reminded me much uf Niër: Automata, the combat is Dark Souls on 11. It does look a bit better than the first two games, which I loved.

Edit:

Sony anmounces it will not be at E3. I'm kinda not surprised. They did dominate in sales and profits over Microsoft, Nintendo and PC so they probably just said "We'll take a break and focus on new exclusives" and also, we won't need to wait for announcements.

https://kotaku.com/sony-pulls-out-of-e3-2019-1830474052?utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Iqc-0h36Tb1_O4NiBwEonrL5C5vZHKUX9wDOTw_WC50ibe77eLQSllJo

Edit 2:

PS5 Game by Square Enix

Telltales games removed from Steam

https://youtu.be/FSa0quU0qX0

New Witcher game fails miserably.

CDPR:

"GoG is our priority platform and we wanted to release the game there to gamers who support us there. HOWEVER, the reach of Gog is incomparably smaller than that of Steam. We know there is a much larger fan community for us on Steam and that's why we also released the game there."

Well, that's true duh, Gog would have only made up like what 5% of the sales? So...

Edited by SonicMage117

That new Witcher is some digital card game, right? No interest from me. Like, at all. No matter if GoG or not.

Edited by Lexx

I've played Thronebreaker and it's OK. Never actually played a card game before but Gwent was pretty good for a minigame so I gave it a go. It's too expensive for what it is, has too many tie ins to the Gwent standalone for a paid product, is too easy and looks kind of cheap too as well as feeling unfinished so I'm not surprised it didn't make expectations. It's also not the best fit for GOG either market wise, even for those playing standalone Gwent it's a departure and for the traditional GOG crowd it has some polarising aspects. Despite that I enjoyed it most of the time and don't regret playing it.

OTOH there's no way they wouldn't have made money on it- I'd be surprised if the core team was more than a dozen or so, and it uses Unity too. Indeed, it's just failed to meet expectations rather than failed outright.

Edited by Zoraptor

I also had zero interest in the new "Witcher". So CDPR is starting to show the first signs of the insulation that is common in excessively successful devs? Incipient Bioware syndrome?

Anyway. Amplitude have released two new DLCs for Endless Space 2. Harmonic Memories and Celestial Worlds are a coffee-priced music and story pack, respectively. I didn't play the last proper DLC so this is as good an excuse as any to revisit ES2, and it'll keep me busy until Megacorp drops. Hey, at least it's not glorified gambling.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thronebreaker isn't bad, it's just not for someone who doesn't like card games. CDPR are already busy with Cyberpubk 2077 and I respect them for taking risks.

Also, Sony not attending e3 this year? https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-15-sony-announces-that-it-wont-be-attending-e3-in-2019

lol

'We love our fans, but the games at the last e3 were SO big that we still have to work on them. So no e3, and probably no new games until Days Gone, Dreams and TLOU 2 are released. Cheers yo!'

I guess they have their reasons...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I also had zero interest in the new "Witcher". So CDPR is starting to show the first signs of the insulation that is common in excessively successful devs? Incipient Bioware syndrome?

Anyway. Amplitude have released two new DLCs for Endless Space 2. Harmonic Memories and Celestial Worlds are a coffee-priced music and story pack, respectively. I didn't play the last proper DLC so this is as good an excuse as any to revisit ES2, and it'll keep me busy until Megacorp drops. Hey, at least it's not glorified gambling.

CDPR is just investing efficiently in guarenteed returns which helps to attract long-term investment. It amortizes the performance of peoples investments and helps yield more consistent dividents. Thus people stay invested. (Many investors have to pull investments due to life needs when they really want to vote with their wallets.)

As long as CDPR doesn't gut their heavy hitting development teams just because they have lower margins than some side team, the I think they'll maintain their current philosophy. A lot of devs when they lose the old guard start to let margins drive what the company produces, which is essentially shifting the business from funding something of high intrinsic value to something that has a return value through consumer wealth extraction via inflated pricing. I still trust the upper rungs of CDPR for the time being, and I think they'll be able to convince the shareholders to run the Rockstar production model (high/long investment for high return) for the foreseeable future. Albeit CDPR mostly references pre-GTAOnline Rockstar in their financial structuring back pre-TW3 when they were planning that game as the 2077 franchise. The whole, no annual always rotating through IP long dev cycle sort of studio. Their investment in that direction will give them a lot of locked in momentum to stay that course as well.

Seeing as rpgs have such a strong history of storytelling, but with not everyone being hardcore enthusiasts over mechanics and gameplay, being able to split off a story-centric digital experience off of what was a split-off deep dive of a card game mini-game within a major rpg, is not a terrible business strategy. It also demonstrates that these sorts of products are highly dependent on a core reputable product that defines the IP. In the case of CDPR even their major titles are all further backed by prior art.

We can breath for the time being.

• Like 1

Whoa...

PlayStation Skipping E3 for First Time in Show’s 24-Year History

They are also skipping this years PSX. 2019 is the 25th anniversary, so I guess expectations are something independent is planned, with potential the PS5 reveal. Mid to late next year is about the right time for a reveal with a fall 2020 release.

Underworld: Ascendant released, which I was quite looking forward to.

Apparently it's an unfinished mess. Turns out developing "Immersive sims" is expensive and not entirely simple.

Killer 7 released on Steam, which I've heard a whole lot about but never played it.

Hellgate: London released on Steam, which... I mean... Okay.

Edited by Fenixp