Political Thread XX

Amentep

Doesn't seem like any kind of surprise, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bunch of people that have been mean to Trump lost their security clearances, for some reason Flynn didn't. Wonder how much that matters in any case.

Trump is petty that's all there is to it. I don't know of anyone who has a clearance for any purpose other than making money. It's a weak excuse

@Gromnir - I understand the real world practicality of it but I guess I've just been on the internet too much. I've seen those arguments many times and even here on these boards.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Fellas, this world ain't fair and there is no god or afterlife...no judgement. You might think that getting used to that is a bad thing but trust me, it will make you smarter. ;)

Point is, don't get on each other's bad side, this world is already bad as it is so let us try and be nice to one another so that we might cherish a bit of what life has to offer.

Homie love to you all. <3

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Fellas, this world ain't fair and there is no god or afterlife...no judgement. You might think that getting used to that is a bad thing but trust me, it will make you smarter. ;)

Point is, don't get on each other's bad side, this world is already bad as it is so let us try and be nice to one another so that we might cherish a bit of what life has to offer.

Homie love to you all. <3

Stop doing drugs

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

there is no god or afterlife...no judgement

let us try and be nice to one another

Those statements don't go together. You tell people there is no judgement and ask them to be good on their own?

Doesn't work that way. People thousands of years ago figured that out and invented religion.

You are regressing us thousands of years my friend.

Believing in god isn't a requirement for being nice to each other. The fact that 'there is judgement' hasn't stopped people from doing things in the name of god that god would probably disapprove of.

I'd have to believe there is some kind of judgement in the afterlife rather than none. Excluding the fact that I am a Christian who goes to/work at a church, I always found the study of the human being's moral conscience and emotional status quite interesting.

For example, nobody can ever be taught the emotion Love, it's natural. We don't learn right/wrong, it's pure instinct. When you're depressed, you can physically feel the weight of the world on your shoulder and it takes years off your life but when you laugh, laughter heals you. When you look up at the stars, you feel small as you gaze through the vastness of space. All these scientifically proven facts are somethimg that every human being feels (even if you are raised in a headhunter tribe, you still feel all this as well). It's already been proven that if you raise a kid in isolation withoutany communication with the outside world, they will still feel love, the desire for companionship and they still will feel the concept of right and wrong without any teachings of it.

I can't imagine all this is for nothing, the human conscience is something that cannot be obtained through good parenting skills or taught morale but is something you're born with. Unless you are someome chemically imbalanced, that is. And since the human conscience is something you're born with, well there's even more likely that there is some type of judgment in the afterlife.

https://youtu.be/J-PLrKYbHJw

It's even more interesting that hatred/unforgiveness affects the body in a different way than stress. For example, 61% of cancer patients have unforgiveness issues, stress can give you a heart attack. Point being, why are emotions too powerful for the human body to contain/handle. It seems to me we have a soul/spirit and every one of our bodies may be just a casing, a fragile weak casing at that.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2015/June/The-Deadly-Consequences-of-Unforgiveness

I do agree with Sharp One, if there case of judgement, there is no need for concept of good/bad. I think this is a common dilemma that aethiests have admitting to. When you deny God, you deny that satan and heaven and hell exists. You deny judgement exist which means there is no such concept as good or evil, which is hindsight justifies everything bad or evil. There is no point for any morality whatsoever because what's the point? It's not like we will have to pay for any of it.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone, that is not my intent.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

. We don't learn right/wrong, it's pure instinct.

That is pretty bolsy statement, I think some cannibals in amazonia would disagree with ya

Also are you saying that budhists are immoral if they dont have god? Or that they don't have concept of good and evil?

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Citation needed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

When you deny God, you deny that satan and heaven and hell exists. You deny judgement exist which means there is no such concept as good or evil, which is hindsight justifies everything bad or evil. There is no point for any morality whatsoever because what's the point? It's not like we will have to pay for any of it.

Strange leap of logic here. Do you only live a moral life because of what happens in a supposed afterlife?

Even if one believes in god why would you worship someone who believes it is acceptable to mass murder people - men, women, and chidren - yet have the gall to claim it is about 'morals' and 'goodness'. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Even if one believes in god why would you worship someone who believes it is acceptable to mass murder people - men, women, and chidren - yet have the gall to claim it is about 'morals' and 'goodness'. L0LZ

The Old Testament and New Testament 'Gods' are practically different entities. Just one of the many discrepancies and contradictions in the bible.

The Old Testament 'God' wouldn't seem out of place in a polytheistic religion with the venegance and stuff, sometimes could have passed as a war god.

Edited by smjjames

When you deny God, you deny that satan and heaven and hell exists. You deny judgement exist which means there is no such concept as good or evil, which is hindsight justifies everything bad or evil. There is no point for any morality whatsoever because what's the point? It's not like we will have to pay for any of it.

Strange leap of logic here. Do you only live a moral life because of what happens in a supposed afterlife?

The short answer is "No."

The correct way to look at it would be from this point...

There isn't any purpose in worrying about such things when there is no consequences for your actions. Accountability, is in itself reason enough but as others have said, even the court cases aren't enough to bring justice to criminals whether they have killed 400 people or raped 1 innocent girl. It would also be an insult to the victims to assume there would be no further judement beyind the courtroom on the criminal. Sometimes it takes someone witnessing a tragic event to wake them up to this concept though. I understand that not many can grasp the complexity on such things.

Uh oh, the thread suddenly transforms into an anti-religion argument.

I can see the comment appearing again:

"Take your baby murderin' god and shove em up your ***"

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I don't know too much about reincarnation, to be honest I l've never really studied the depths of it.

Not yet, I was only speaking of the possibility of it hehe :p

That is pretty bolsy statement, I think some cannibals in amazonia would disagree with ya

Also are you saying that budhists are immoral if they dont have god? Or that they don't have concept of good and evil?

They have there own customs for living and surviving includes cannabalism. Cannabalism is learned, not instinct. If someone in the tribe steals something from another member, there would be consequences.

Buddhists have an idol, whether they admit they worship buddha or not is up to them but they bow to a statue and look at scripture, same as catholics bowing to the virgin mary.

Edited by SonicMage117

The short answer is "No."

The correct way to look at it would be from this point...

There isn't any purpose in worrying about such things when there is no consequences for your actions. Accountability, is in itself reason enough but as others have said, even the court cases aren't enough to bring justice to criminals whether they have killed 400 people or raped 1 innocent girl. It would also be an insult to the victims to assume there would be no further judement beyind the courtroom on the criminal. Sometimes it takes someone witnessing a tragic event to wake them up to this concept though. I understand that not many can grasp the complexity on such things.

Uh oh, the thread suddenly transforms into an anti-religion argument.

I can see the comment appearing again:

"Take your baby murderin' god and shove em up your ***"

The countries with the least crime in the world are largely irreligeous. What does that tell you? Your logic makes no sense.

I don't know too much about reincarnation, to be honest I l've never really studied the depths of it.

Hmm, me either. But if theres only one god then there cant be two or more different versions of what happens after you die. The line to get this sorted must be hella long.  :down:

The countries with the least crime in the world are largely irreligeous. What does that tell you? Your logic makes no sense.

I know right, just like the logic of atheists who begin praying to God when one of their loved ones are in the hospital on a deathbed, or atheists who don't believe in God yet blame God for things like murder, or what have you. The blame always seems to revert back to God or "Well if there is this in the world, God surely cannot exist" but they failed to grasp the concept that there is a satan to contrast God, there is evil to contrast good.

Edited by SonicMage117

Not yet, I was only speaking of the possibility of it hehe :p

They have there own customs for living and surviving includes cannabalism. Cannabalism is learned, not instinct. If someone in the tribe steals something from another member, there would be consequences.

Buddhists have an idol, whether they admit they worship buddha or not is up to them but they bow to a statue and look at scripture, same as catholics bowing to the virgin mary.

So any idol is fine? Like money? :)

Seems like you cherry pick what is learned and what is instinct. For someone who is hungry stealing food is instinct, yet the one who got robbed will not like it. Shagging anything which moves is instinct yet most religions does not support it or deem it 'good'

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I know right, just like the logic of atheists who begin praying to God when one of their loved ones are in the hospital on a deathbed, or atheists who don't believe in God yet blame God for things like murder, or what have you. The blame always seems to revert back to God or "Well if there is this in the world, God surely cannot exist" but they failed to grasp the concept that there is a satan to contrast God, there is evil to contrast good.

What does that have to do with anything? I was replying to your post where you said we need God to be moral. I refuted that by pointing out that the most "moral countries" (at least in terms of crimes committed) are largely irreligious. Not sure what you're trying to say with your followup?

Edited by Thingolfin