Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

favorite and least favorite god(s) in deadfire?

deadfire pillarsofeternity2 gods

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite/least favorite god(s)? (193 member(s) have cast votes)

Which god did yo like the most

1. Berath (66 votes [20.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.95%

2. Eothas (44 votes [13.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.97%

3. Woedica (2 votes [0.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.63%

4. Skaen (6 votes [1.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

5. Magran (21 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

6. Hylea (27 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

7. Ondra (5 votes [1.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

8. Abydon (32 votes [10.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.16%

9. Rymrgand (30 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

10. Wael (22 votes [6.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

11. Galawain (15 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

12. Nemnok the devourer (45 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Which did you dislike the most

1. Berath (10 votes [3.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.07%

2. Eothas (19 votes [5.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

3. Woedica (92 votes [28.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.22%

4. Skaen (59 votes [18.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.10%

5. Magran (15 votes [4.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

6. Hylea (15 votes [4.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.60%

7. Ondra (37 votes [11.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

8. Abydon (5 votes [1.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

9. Rymrgand (26 votes [7.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.98%

10. Wael (22 votes [6.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.75%

11. Galawain (19 votes [5.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

12. Nemnok the devourer (7 votes [2.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Least favorite?  Skaen.  Sure Woedica may as well be called Adolf Hitler, and Ondra has completely lost her marbles by this point, but at least they are not sniveling little skivey dbags blaming all their problems on others like Skaen.

Skaen is pretty much the god of sniveling skivey dbag-ery. He is the god of hopeless resentment. If a rebellion was successful, he would now be the god of overthrowing the now successful former rebels whether they've made things better, worse or whatever.

Well then. Screw the Engwithans, I guess.

role-playing aside, this is definitely the best take to have. the engwithans were nothing more than a society so obsessed with their own self-importance that they collectively **** themselves when they realized the universe wasn't guided by any divine hands. and instead of maturing and dealing with this new anxiety they literally committed genocide to establish a more comfortable engwithan order. and then proceded to commit even more atrocities for the next 2000 years.

Yes. The unenlightened making gods in their own image - not really a recipe for success.

• Karkarov, Slotharingia and GinaC like this

Verde

Verde

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1660 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Magran and Skaen.

Durance represented Magran well. Skaen because he is essentially the god of torture, like Hellraiser, but wimpier.

Opheleus

Opheleus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts

The constant bickering, whining, and flying off the handle is very reminiscent of a popular high schooler, and not very god-like.

I think that's the point. They're *not* all-powerful, they're *not* omnipotent, they're not really any better than Kith. They're not *actually* gods. They call themselves gods and they have immense power, but all they actually are is sentient complex constructs built around philosophical ideals--and they were built by Kith hands around Kith philosophies, so they are in the end every bit as ****ty and flawed as Kith.

That's self-evident, but it doesn't change the fact that Obsidian transformed them into one-dimensional caricatures of what they were in the original game and what they could have been. Instead of a rich, layered reflection of the ideals of an advanced ancient civilization, we get a bunch of petulant teenagers. Whoever was in charge of Deadfire's overall narrative design can't be the same person who worked on the original Pillars (and they're most likely anime aficionados).

Yep. A thousand and one souls produced... Teenagers? Mmm, tastes like advanced civilization to me.

• Casper likes this

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yep. A thousand and one souls produced... Teenagers? Mmm, tastes like advanced civilization to me.

Well the Engwithan technology was really advanced, so they probably had the internet.  The end result seems almost inevitable.

• illathid, Yonjuro, Skazz and 5 others like this

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

Well the Engwithan technology was really advanced, so they probably had the internet.  The end result seems almost inevitable.

*gasp* The Engwithans were ruled by cats?

• bugarup, Karkarov, Skazz and 3 others like this

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Oh ****! We are the Engwithans.

• Karkarov and Casper like this

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

Do we get to choose which god we become part of? I'm holding out for Wael.

• Yonjuro, Yria and Casper like this

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It depends on the sum total of your social media posts. If you tweet about how resentful you are, Skaen. Write on facebook about how you feel so much benevolence that you need to oppress the monsters who are less benevolent, Hylea. Angry about people posting your picture on Snapchat? Wael

Etc.   

• Karkarov, Parasol_Syndicate, Casper and 2 others like this

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3087 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It depends on the sum total of your social media posts. If you tweet about how resentful you are, Skaen. Write on facebook about how you feel so much benevolence that you need to oppress the monsters who are less benevolent, Hylea. Angry about people posting your picture on Snapchat? Wael

Etc.   

*checks Facebook*

*Sees "BURN THE RICH!"* and ***** TEMPLARS*

Well, ****.

• Karkarov, Yonjuro, Yria and 2 others like this

Karkarov

Karkarov

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3116 posts
  • Steam:Karkarov
  • PSN Portable ID:Karkarov
  • Xbox Gamertag:Karkarov
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Watcher
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Etc.

*notices all his social media posts are snarky comments and likes on cute dog videos*

Looks like I am signing up with Galawain...

• Yonjuro, glennjones130486, Casper and 2 others like this

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What if I don't use twitter outside of work? I wanna be a 0.0000000000001 part of a god too!

• Yonjuro and Casper like this

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Etc.

*notices all his social media posts are snarky comments and likes on cute dog videos*

Looks like I am signing up with Galawain...

Good call. Cute, ferocious, wild dog videos, right?

• Karkarov likes this

Yonjuro

Yonjuro

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What if I don't use twitter outside of work? I wanna be a 0.0000000000001 part of a god too!

Only at work? Abydon.

• Karkarov and illathid like this

jf8350143

jf8350143

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
I find it interesting that from what he says when we first goes into his realm, Rymrgand already knows what Eothas's gonna do while the other gods has no clue.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he lend the power to bring Eothas back so he could destroy the wheel in the first place.
  • Katarack21, SerenityHarkness and GinaC like this

Soki

Soki

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Voted for Nemnok cause he just wants to be big and have knowledge and free imps from servitude. Those are good goals to have, you go Nemnok, I support you.

I disliked all the others really. I'm with those that say that the gods are overexposed in this game and lost the mysteriousness they had in the first game. Not really fond of their art either, I preferred it when they didn't really have a 'shape', like Wael is just all kinds of kith and Hylea was 'shown' as various kinds of birds. Them having an actual look kinda ruins them for me.

Also wasn't fond of the meetings, there was no real reason for you to be present at them anyway. They summon you there and then all they do is bicker together while you watch, I'd rather just get back to adventuring with my buddies please.

• Yria, Mikeymoonshine and Slotharingia like this

glennjones130486

glennjones130486

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

To be honest, I think Wael's appearance would be much improved if he didn't have the ridiculous cheshire cat grin. :getlost:

D1nZQCC.jpg

• Mikeymoonshine and Soki like this

Shadenuat

Shadenuat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Voted for Nemnok because he is the only god with quest with real player agency, disliked everyone else because of annoying interludes I have to mash 11111 to skip that don't matter ****.

Edited by Shadenuat, 09 June 2018 - 11:27 AM.

• Skazz, Mikeymoonshine and Slotharingia like this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Berath hands down. But all things related to her in the endings are so depressing I am completely turned off from supporting her/him/it.

• Mikeymoonshine likes this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

To be honest, I think Wael's appearance would be much improved if he didn't have the ridiculous cheshire cat grin. :getlost:

I dunno. Is it really just the grin? I think the weird babylike voice weirded me out more.

I mean, a grin can work. I like to think of Wael as a more grounded version of Warhammer's Tzeentch, and that guy is all about disturbing smiles:

Spoiler

Edited by Skazz, 10 June 2018 - 11:48 AM.

• glennjones130486 and Juodas Varnas like this

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Etc.   

i had to step back from facebook entirely, as i wasted just about all my time with those little games... where your friends list becomes your vampire army, pirate armada, undead army, mafia family, undead samurai army, etc. what's that make me? woedica?

• Yonjuro likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deadfire, pillarsofeternity2, gods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users