Wait, was cleaving stance nerfed? I did not see anything in the tooltip indicating that it did. :o

I believe it was prevented from proccing itself—something I consider more akin to a bug fix than a nerf. It's still a pretty good ability.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

RIP, single class Ascendant - especially archers since our one good weapon is gone.

It hurts, but I expected it. Frostseeker still wins in the eye candy department anyway, and I find the other (very few) unique bows still aren't worth using in comparison. Of course the developers are likely to take this the wrong way and nerf Frostseeker even harder instead of buffing the other bows. Even then, I still haven't found a better ranged weapon for Ciphers to use anyway, so in my view, Frostseeker just went from broken to amazingly good.

My Ascendant archer Cipher is still chugging along just fine on Veteran mode. The fire dragon still didn't stand any chance at all even with all the nerfs, and even with me still using the un-optimized Biting Whip instead of Draining Whip. Though with the damage nerf to Frostseeker, I am making plans to respec to Draining Whip.

I'm just going to find a way to mod the damage back in*. The main reason I got into PoE1 and Deadfire was balance fatigue/anxiety from another title, and I'm too old to deal with that anymore.

*I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to do this.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Wait, was cleaving stance nerfed? I did not see anything in the tooltip indicating that it did. :o

I believe it was prevented from proccing itself—something I consider more akin to a bug fix than a nerf. It's still a pretty good ability.

Ah, well that is kind of reasonable. And I do agree that it would be more akin to a bugfix. But in the same spirit; did they also stop swift flurry/drumming from proccing off itself? 

Shifter was good BEFORE a subtle and invisible nerf on the delay between each transformation (Beta 2 if good are my memories). After that... 

And with that now... We are far away of the druid of POE1... Nothing is unique with the druid. Better single fighter elsewhere (paladin, berserker, monk), better C.C. elsewhere (chanter, wizard), better AoE damage elsewhere (wizard). And for healing there is a way to do the job with chanter AND priest without him...

Basically, at level 20 Shifter's weapons (except for cat claws) are equal to dual-wielding two legendary enchanted slow one-handers with an elemental lash (+25%) each. That's it. For this you've to sacrifice (almost) all the benefits of gear. Pathetic...

In human form, you can actually do better with the right gear.

• Like 2

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

I don't recall seeing complaints about spiritshift being overpow—oh, right. Baubles of the Fin. Touché.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Time to import level 4 afflictions !!! Paralyze -> Petrify! 

Yes, a good way to restore a druid.

Was a good reason to have a druid before. Since paralysed = petrify in POE2... Not truly the case.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

Assassin was changed in beta patch. If polish tooltip is right, now assassin subclass grants bonuses to acc, damage and penetration not from stealth attacks but for sneak attacks if they crit, so no point in being so stealthy. One thing I don't understand is that it grants accuracy bonus if you score crit, but if you score crit what is the point in accuracy bonus? I can't look at it right now, maybe it just apply short buff for next attack. Can someone check it maybe?

Or tooltips in my language are wrong. 

Edited by Silvaren

giphy.gif

Ugh, the more I read patch notes the more I am glad I don't patch RPGs :/ Some changes are good (like 30% of them) while 70% of them is totally lazy and unneeded.

Good it's not online game....

• Like 1

Assassin was changed in beta patch. If polish tooltip is right, now assassin subclass grants bonuses to acc, damage and penetration not from stealth attacks but for sneak attacks, so no point in being so stealthy. One thing I don't understand is that it grants accuracy bonus if you score crit, but if you score crit what is the point in accuracy bonus? I can't look at it right now, maybe it just apply short buff for next attack. Can someone check it maybe?

Or tooltips in my language are wrong. 

Always same :

+50 % critical damage.

+25 accuracy.

+4 penetration.

Under invisibility OR naturally stealth.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

Why nerf body Attunement ? It's a good self buff/debuff , but it's not fantastic or OP , i understand time parasite , but Body Attunement , Really ?

Body Attunement was wildly out of line with other armor buffs and debuffs.  It totally needed a hard nerf.

Granted it was over-nerfed and looks poor in comparison to alternative debuffs, but its core effect is now in line and bringing it back up won't be difficult.

• Like 2

After hours of agonising restarts, I settled on DPS Shaman - and now with this patch, I feel even better about that XD

No one really talks about Shaman doe, probably terrible, but I have fun with it.

you'll eventually get to have avatar and spirit frenzy at once so thats pretty cool

• Like 1

Sorry for my English :D

I'm currently completed  start island from level 1. Solo PoTD, no blessing, Ghost Heart/Ascendant (max int/dex). Game feel much much better, like POE 1. Now there space for using some game mechanic that was redundant before patch. Scepters (scepters with modal has 10 armor penetration), potions & poisons, mod kitting & mod splitting

In my opinion some mobs damage to high, for example boars can hit me with 30 - 40 lol :D, ranger pet still has very slow attack speed, everything else look good, I'm even skip druid and skeleton fight because of no space for kitting

Now all mobs has +2 to armor and +2 to armor penetration, I'm not sure if this change needed at all 

• Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

That is why I was asking what items Phyriel had in mind. I mean, giving the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff- 0.6 sec recovery, from  4sec default, @ Metaphysics 23 and calling it "skill scaling" sounds like a phrase from washing detergent marketing department. You mad bro, Josh. 

I am talking about this item in particular because I wanted to base a build around it but having a quick look at other items seems to me the item nerf is blanket rather than specific. Well, time is money. gg

Obviously I'm referring to broken ones, cadhu, giftbearers, deflection chest I forgot the name of. 

OP weapon is gone, good weapon is still there.

Like the one unique hunting bow that's located on the other side of the map and has +crush damage as its gimmick? Or the war bow that requires Survival and Religion to work? Veilpiercer looks good, but it's endgame so there won't be enough time to use it.

I'm rate salty about the lack of bows in this game, if it wasn't apparent.

You could literally get this at level 8 on the prior PotD.  With the balance changes, you can still probably get it at level 8 on Veteran and 10 - 12 on PotD.

Edited by Sanctuary

That is why I was asking what items Phyriel had in mind. I mean, giving the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff- 0.6 sec recovery, from  4sec default, @ Metaphysics 23 and calling it "skill scaling" sounds like a phrase from washing detergent marketing department. You mad bro, Josh. 

I am talking about this item in particular because I wanted to base a build around it but having a quick look at other items seems to me the item nerf is blanket rather than specific. Well, time is money. gg

Obviously I'm referring to broken ones, cadhu, giftbearers, deflection chest I forgot the name of. 

I see, thanks. Never used them myself so I would not know. 

hey i just noticed that might is now not an overall damage modifier it is just an increase in damage not over the top of everything?

was this a change in the BETA?

No, it was since launch.