Patch 1.1.0 Updates Thread

David Benefield

Question

Hello Beta Patch folk!

Version 1.1.0 is almost ready for release. The Devs have been working on this patch for quite a while, and our QA team has been doing the best they can, but we would love to get your help again in seeing if anything has snuck by them.

You can find instructions on how to opt in to the beta branch on this thread.

Due to the quantity of fixes in this patch (there are well over 1000 fixes in this update), we won't be exhaustively listing them all out. Below are all of the features and a small subset of the fixes in this patch. We'll continue adding to this list as we near the patch release.

For those who have modded the game

You may have to uninstall or update your mod when you update the game as they may not be compatible with v1.1.0

Build 1.1.0.0034 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 31 and build 34.

• Fixed some Digsite Sublevel encounters that were not playing their emerges.
  • Null check fix in NavigationPath.ClearCorners which was occasionally causing transition / load failures booting back to main menu. (Forum log)
  • Fixed some Partial hair for Maia and Eder
  • Fixed all in-game achievement icons no longer displaying in the Achievement UI or the Achievement notification
  • ‘Start and Skip Intro’ localization added
  • Added some missing Korean Localization

Build 1.1.0.0031 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 29 and build 31.

• Potential fix for very long start-up time (before the Obsidian logo was shown)
    • If you were experiencing this bug, please let us know if this is resolved for you in build 31.
  • Removed the "Show News" game option, which in turn fixes the Disabled News bug
  • Fixed issue with opening the Options in the Prologue after Character Creation resetting the player's class when arriving to their body.
  • Fix party AI not reconnecting decision trees when dismissed and recruited. 
  • Various Partial hair fixes
  • Fixed the Ability Bar subrows flickering for 1 frame when you hovered over a spell level icon.
  • Hasongo, Ashen Maw, and Ukaizo are now flagged as "Critical Path" for level scaling purposes. 
  • Fixed issue where auto-granted abilities weren't added back when retraining.

Build 1.1.0.0029 Updates

The following are all of the updates that occurred between build 23 and build 29.

• Companions now support Partial hair.
  • Mirke now has eyecolor
  • Dead body loot containers no longer display as unlooted after save / load or area transition.
  • Removed AnimationControllerPlayer leak that was likely causing the game to run slow after 4+ hours of play. 
  • Fixing HD Weapon textures not loading in paper doll.
  • All encounter changes for PotD are now in.
  • Correction! Maia will no longer leave the party right after entering The Brass Citadel, but will do so when the player approaches the Powderhouse.

• Ship combat balance and combatant count updates:
    • Made Closing to Board less punishing for players by lowering the base damage values for hull, sail, and crew damage.
    • Increased damage for ramming ships (both to the rammer and rammee).
    • Reduced the accuracy given per rank of cannoneer.
    • Reduced Ship health by ~20%.
    • Added opponent deck defender count to ship duel UI.
    • Globally Updated ship combats to have a 1:1 ratio of combatants to crew. Enemy Ship Defenders are now shown separately.

Build 1.1.0.0023 Updates

Please note that this is just a fraction of the changes made, we'll be updating this post to be more inclusive of all the changes soon.

New Features & Updates
  • Intro Skip Added
    • There is now a Start & Skip Intro button that brings the player directly to the second level of the game.
    • This feature becomes available after you have played through the intro once, or loaded a save (after getting the update).
  • Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements (Still in Progress!!)
    • Armor and Penetration now scale up on PotD.
    • Many encounters have had units swapped out for tougher versions.
    • Some encounters have had units added or set to ambush the party during the encounter.
    • In Progress: Build 23 does not yet contain our updates to the following areas, these should be in our next update to the beta
      • Hanging Sepulchers
      • Hasongo
      • Cliffside Temple
      • Drowned Barrows
      • The Ashen Bridge
      • The Jagged Keep
      • Lair of the Ancient
      • Poko Kahara
  • AI support and updates:
    • All Conditionals have now been categorized in the Custom AI menu
    • The AI Toggle button on the ability bar now supports cycling through: Attacking while using Abilities, Attacking while not using Abilities, and Not using AI
    • The following actions can now be conditionalized in Custom AI: Using Consumable quick slot items, Activating Modals, Switching Weapon Sets, and Basic Weapon Attacking
  • Ship Resupply
    • A  new "Refill Ship Supplies" button can now be used to conveniently purchase ship supplies from any storefront that sells Medical Supplies, Cannon Shot, and Repair Supplies
  • World Map Legend Added
    • A new Map Legend has been added that allows all icons on the World Map to be filtered by category
  • Character Appearance Improvements
    • Character Appearance can now be changed in-game via the Appearance button on the Inventory screen (Player and adventurers only)
    • Character Hairstyles are now rendered naturally with some Hats (Player and Adventurer only for now, companions coming before we launch the patch)
    • Eye Color customization has been added.
  • Graphics options expanded
    • New Toggles have been added to the Graphics menu to enable/disable certain visual features.
  • News Feed Updated
    • The News Feed on the Main Menu has been revamped to include links to the latest articles, DLC, and social media

Major Issues

• Leveling up characters with bonus weapon sets no longer causes a black screen
  • Resolved an issue that blocked users with certain permissions from loading saves.
  • Creating a multiclass character with spells and non-spell abilities no longer blocks character creation.
  • Many edge case crashes (reported by users) have also been resolved.

General Issues

• Retraining a character (Respec) will no longer remove learned talents & abilities such as watcher abilities nor purchased skill bonuses
  • Ships on the world map no longer move while time is stopped (If the player's vessel is not moving)
  • Watcher's can no longer purchase more supplies than their ship can hold
  • Eder & Xoti no longer repeat the same banter over and over.
  • And many many others! (We will continue to add the most prevalent ones to this list)
Quest Issues (Potential Spoilers!)
  • Sealed Fate now fails if Degnos dies before the quest is completed.

Edited by David Benefield
Updating spoiler that said the bug instead of the fix.
  • Like 34

I tried the 1.1 patch, but it just crashes on the splashscreen.

w10, latest ati driver for an r9 270x.

Not saying this isn't the case, but that's what I thought for the first couple of attempts to launch the patch. I let it run once and discovered it takes over 2 minutes to get past the splash screen to the menu screen.

Again, that was just on my computer, and I was already trying to figure out how to uninstall the patch until something (past experience with computers?) said "Just wait". Not that I know this is what is happening with you. Just a suggestion.

Joe

• Veteran & PotD Balance Improvements (Still in Progress!!)
    • In Progress: Build 23 does not yet contain our updates to the following areas, these should be in our next update to the beta
      • Hanging Sepulchers
      • Hasongo
      • Cliffside Temple
      • Drowned Barrows
      • The Ashen Bridge
      • The Jagged Keep
      • Lair of the Ancient
      • Poko Kahara

This is very important information, thank you. Any idea when the next build, including these areas, will be available? Great work so far.

Edited by TheMetaphysician

I had to revert back to the last official patch because the game wouldn't even start with the beta patch. Just the windows "loading" mouse cursor after clicking on the icon followed by a message that the program is not responding.

It will load. It takes about a minute and a half. They are aware and working on it. There is a thread where they have asked people to post game files this is happening to.

• Like 1

I'm not sure id this is intentional or not, But Devotions of the Faithful +4 Might is being suppressed by a basic Strong Inspiration. This to my understanding was one of the few exceptions with Inspirations stacking, as in previous patches you could have a strong inspiration active and DotF for a total +9

And in the same vain of bugged or working as intended, currently Barbarians with the Berserker Subclass currently cannot access the final rank of Blood Frenzy(Blood Storm) and both the Spirit upgrades. These abilities are able to be found with add ability

Edited by Omeganova

I'm not sure id this is intentional or not, But Devotions of the Faithful +4 Might is being suppressed by a basic Strong Inspiration. This to my understanding was one of the few exceptions with Inspirations stacking, as in previous patches you could have a strong inspiration active and DotF for a total +9

And in the same vain of bugged or working as intended, currently Barbarians with the Berserker Subclass currently cannot access the final rank of Blood Frenzy(Blood Storm) and both the Spirit upgrades. These abilities are able to be found with add ability

I have a zerker I made last night after installing the Beta that was able to take them normally.

Unless something has changed overnight, the actual issue (which is actually a pre-existing issue, it's in the release version as well) is that the upgrades don't show up in the Ability Preview window during character creation. They should still be available during the level up process.

the nerf to whispers of the endless path seems stupid...makes the sword pointless

"iroll20s" if you can't handle OP toys being taken away from you.

It's not so much the sword being OP, as there being absolutely no reason to take it now. It does half of normal greatsword damage, but attacks twice. Now, it just does half of normal greatsword damage. What's the point in keeping it, again? 

Did they remove the AoE? If not, then there's your answer.

Well for a sword you can get only by making kinda major staff in previous game it's kinda weak. Especially when you need to spend gold for it in this game . I doubt anyone gonna use it now. 

Well, it's a weapon with quite the AoE if you push Intellect.

And unlike the Rod, its damage in the AoE is weapon damage and can therefore be enhanced with effects like soul annihilation.

Combine this with Backstab, Sneak Attack, and Soul Annihilation, and a single swing can easily do north of 1.000 pts (or even 1.500 pts) of damage on level 10 (hitting 4-5 enemies, in which case it doesn't attack twice anyway - attacking twice was just for single targets).

And that's without Power Surge, Empower etc.

I'm keeping it!

Edited by Zoso der Goldene

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

Is this finally fixed or are we going to have to wait for an even later patch.

Yeah, it's fixed, I beat Malnaj last night and was able to loot all the gear.

Thanks! Did you get any other conclusion to the quest or does it still just end with that?

Is this finally fixed or are we going to have to wait for an even later patch.

Yeah, it's fixed, I beat Malnaj last night and was able to loot all the gear.

Thanks! Did you get any other conclusion to the quest or does it still just end with that?

It ends with that. Really the Malnaj fight is sortof a coda. 

I have a zerker I made last night after installing the Beta that was able to take them normally.

Unless something has changed overnight, the actual issue (which is actually a pre-existing issue, it's in the release version as well) is that the upgrades don't show up in the Ability Preview window during character creation. They should still be available during the level up process.

You are absolutely correct about the Berserker. And apparently the change to DotF is also working as intended. So not only was the +ACC cut in half, but the +4 might is made completely irrelevant by a single Strong inspiration.

Has anybody tried changing eye color on an Aumaua character? Doesn't seem to affect mine at all.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Serafen doesn't show up on the deck of the Defiant until you go belowdeck, then back above. (When going to the ship from the world map.)

This went away after awhile. I had changed party a couple times but don't remember what else I did.

I see Sacred Immolation still has obscene amount of self damage, when is it gonna be fixed? Nobody wants to use an ability that kills a paladin within seconds. 

The ability is called Sacred Immolation for a good reason.

It wasn't that suicidal in POE1. It looks as if devs forgot to put a dot between digits and it shouldn't be 50 but 5.0.

I see Sacred Immolation still has obscene amount of self damage, when is it gonna be fixed? Nobody wants to use an ability that kills a paladin within seconds.

The ability is called Sacred Immolation for a good reason.

It wasn't that suicidal in POE1. It looks as if devs forgot to put a dot between digits and it shouldn't be 50 but 5.0.

It doesnt trigger as frequently in deadfire as it did in PoE1. That said I agree that it is a bit much at the moment, and it is silly that self damage is increased when Empowered. It shouldn't be a death sentence so much as a tight rope walk between surviving and falling. Right now you click it only when you dont want your Paladin standing afterwards.

It doesnt trigger as frequently in deadfire as it did in PoE1. That said I agree that it is a bit much at the moment, and it is silly that self damage is increased when Empowered. It shouldn't be a death sentence so much as a tight rope walk between surviving and falling. Right now you click it only when you dont want your Paladin standing afterwards.

And it's especially bad because it scales with attributes, so base 43 self raw damage can get raised to 80+. It's just plain stupid and not survivable.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Is there any word on FPS drop fixes? I have a GTX 1080, i7 7700k, which can run any game on ultra. But when I cast Mirror Image in this game I get virtually unplayable FPS. I go down from 60 to 10-15. 

Please fix this! Ruins my game, and I understand many other people have a similar issue.