Patch Beta Testing
Starting with our v1.2 patch, we will be making builds available early on the Beta Branches of Steam and GOG Galaxy. As we did with Pillars I, we were happy to be able to provide early access to our patches, while they were still being worked on and tested by our team. This means we can get critical fixes out to our players a bit faster, and also get your help in finding any edge cases where fixes result in new bugs, or a fix doesn't entirely resolve an issue.
What are the Benefits?
- Players can get early access to some critical bug fixes.
- Developer's can get help from Players to ensure this patch is ready to go live to everyone.
What are the limitations?
- These patches may be unstable. We are intentionally sending them to the beta branch before they have been fully tested, so big issues may occur.
- The branch may update frequently, or infrequently. We will make a post to the Patch Beta Bugs and Support sub-forum whenever we post an update, however we might do many updates to this branch leading up to a patch release. This can mean many downloads from the platform that can eat up bandwidth, and delay you from playing if you have to wait for the update.
- On GOG, we will only be running this beta for Windows and OSX users using GOG Galaxy. We do not have an efficient method of getting these betas out to Linux users through the GOG platform at this time.
To everyone who decides to help test our Beta Branches, thank you. We are consistently astounded at the community and support for Pillars, and your input and time are a tremendous reason for the quality of what we've accomplished so far.
For bugs being reported from the beta branch, it is most helpful if you report the bugs within the Patch Beta Bugs and Support forum, so that we can tell them apart from the base game bugs. If the issue happens in both the base game and the beta, then please report it in the regular Technical Support forum.
For more information on how to report bugs, please see this post.
So, how do I get started?
Please find the instructions below for for how to access the Beta branch for your platform:
To access the Beta branch on Steam, please follow these steps:
1) In your Steam Library Right click on Pillars of Eternity II, and select "Properties"
SteamImage1.png 10.67KB 1 downloads
2) Select the "Beta" Tab, and click the Drop Down for labeled "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs", and instead select "Beta - Public Beta branch for upcoming patches"
SteamImage2.png 18.39KB 2 downloads
3) Close the Window, and you should have a download ready. Attempting to play the game should automatically trigger the download.
How to switch back on Steam:
To switch back and opt out of all betas, simply repeat the Steps above, but select "None - Opt out of all Betas" from the drop down list in Step 3.
To access the Beta Branch on GOG Galaxy, please follow these steps:
1) Proceed to the game card for your game in the GOG Galaxy client.
GOG_SetUpPic_1.png 208.21KB 2 downloads
2) Proceed to the game's settings via the "More" option, and select "Settings"
GOG_SetUpPic_2.png 773.17KB 0 downloads
3) Select "ON" from the drop down menu in the "Beta Channels" option on the right hand side.
GOG_SetUpPic_3.png 578.59KB 0 downloads
4) A "Channel" option should now be visible. And in the Dropdown should be the option for "Beta"
GOG_SetUpPic_4.png 80.16KB 0 downloads
5) After selecting this option, GOG Galaxy should automatically start your download of the beta branch.
How to Switch back on GOG Galaxy:
To switch back, simply repeat the steps above, but choose "default" in the Channel Drop down options.