E3 2018 Thread

Yeah, Unreal engine is awesome... I'm happy to see that a good amount of rpg's are switching to this. For the longest, we've seen so many ugly Jrpg's in oarticular which have only used reskinned assets (Tales Of Games for example, or even my fav Jrpg series - Ys franchise). Unreal breathes life to that and really no Unreal game looks the same. I found that even each Arkham game looked vastly dissimilar though the engine, artists and characters stayed the same. Unreal engine is just an incredible beast, when I see how beautiful Soul Calibur 6 or Dragon Quest XI looks in 4k, I walk away impressed every time! :D

Also, I wish other studios picked up the Fox engine, what a nice engine that was as well.

Actually, the biggest adcantage of most jRPGs, is their graphics, including Tales of, Persona, Dragon Quest, Battlechasers, etc... Not every game has to look hyperrealistic. If studio spends all their resources on ultra fidelity, there are no resources left for other elements of the game, and we are left with a trainwreck of a game, like Final Fantasy 15, which happened to be everything, but jRPG...
Dragon Quest XI and Ni No Kuni 2 have already proven that Jrpg's can have rich graphics while also having amazing gameplay, these ones have put the rest to shame in both catagories in terms of Jrpg's in recent years. I would never want the genre to be boxed to one certain art style but rather evolve on the one they already use. Cel-Shading, for example, is my favotite art style, I much prefer that over photorealism or hyper-realism.

Edit for bad English, English is not my strong suit.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I wonder if this new Fallout is "Starfield"

Maybe some of the vaults were put on the moon/mars or something. Retro futurism in space? Atomic powered interstellar arks? I could buy that being part of the FO universe.

Wow, I'm getting myself hot just thinking about this, probably too good of and idea to be true. See? There I've done it, now I'll be disappointed if it's anything other than this...

We'll have more at E3.

Until then, this is all we have.

Also, according to Kotaku, it's an online game of "some sort."

I really hope they just mean that it has an online feature to it; not that it's an MMO.

What better way for Bethesda to break into the battle royale genre than leveraging their survival franchise...

Should have seen this coming, if it manages to be online and it's not such a title, I'll laugh because if they are going to pull trite ****, it should at least be market justified. Maybe it will be more like GTA Online, in which case I'll be half impressed, the other half depends on if they make an honest RPG out of it.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 1

It's probably a mobile game which you can trade stuff with other players.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Yeah, Unreal engine is awesome... I'm happy to see that a good amount of rpg's are switching to this. For the longest, we've seen so many ugly Jrpg's in oarticular which have only used reskinned assets (Tales Of Games for example, or even my fav Jrpg series - Ys franchise). Unreal breathes life to that and really no Unreal game looks the same. I found that even each Arkham game looked vastly dissimilar though the engine, artists and characters stayed the same. Unreal engine is just an incredible beast, when I see how beautiful Soul Calibur 6 or Dragon Quest XI looks in 4k, I walk away impressed every time! :D

Also, I wish other studios picked up the Fox engine, what a nice engine that was as well.

Actually, the biggest adcantage of most jRPGs, is their graphics, including Tales of, Persona, Dragon Quest, Battlechasers, etc... Not every game has to look hyperrealistic. If studio spends all their resources on ultra fidelity, there are no resources left for other elements of the game, and we are left with a trainwreck of a game, like Final Fantasy 15, which happened to be everything, but jRPG...
Dragon Quest XI and Ni No Kuni 2 have already proven that Jrpg's can have rich graphics while also having amazing gameplay, these ones have put the rest to shame in both catagories in terms of Jrpg's in recent years. I would never want the genre to be boxed to one certain art style but rather evolve on the one they already use. Cel-Shading, for example, is my favotite art style, I much prefer that over photorealism or hyper-realism.

Edit for bad English, English is not my strong suit.

Unfortunatelly Ni No Kuni 2 is bad example. I loved 1st game, bit the second one is so easy, and with conjuction with open world design, it makes me fall asleep :'(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm sad we won't get any Snarkathons this year because TotalBiscuit is gone (for those not familiar, E3 Snarkathons were TB's MST3K style streams/videos where TB and Genna would riff on the presentations as they happened).  The Snarkathons were the only thing that could make EA's annual self congratulatory, tone deaf, and soul crushing presentation vaguely watchable and they made Ubisoft's goofy and ill-advised presentation all the more hilarious (we're laughing at you, Ubi, not with you).  Does anyone know of any other streamer or youtuber with a good (preferably dry) sense of humor that does a MST3K type stream/video that can make these terrible presentations somewhat palatable?

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You think it's a mobile trading game based on that teaser?

I really have no clue lol

Maybe it's a spin-off. Didn't feel mmo-ish to me though, at least.

Maybe it's a spin-off. Didn't feel mmo-ish to me though, at least.

The guy at Kotaku that said that it was a new Fallout game pretty much implied that it wasn't an MMO.

I understand that but that doesn't mean it can't happen. We all know how stupid Bethesda is hehe :p

Maybe it's a spin-off. Didn't feel mmo-ish to me though, at least, with Bethesda.

The guy at Kotaku that said that it was a new Fallout game pretty much implied that it wasn't an MMO.
That's a relief! Edited by SonicMage117

Does everyone understand that the whole MMO craze passed about 5 years ago?

ESO looks to me pretty successful, even though the craze is long over.

I doubt they would go poaching in their own hunting ground. A Fallout MMO would be self-inflicted competition for an already dwindling player base. Something that didn't work out for Sony with EQ and EQ2 running at the same time and that was when MMOs really took off.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Sure, I actually really enjoy ESO and have subbed regularly. But it came out close to 5 years ago. There hasn't been a major western release since.

MMO fad may have passed (they learned subscription-commitment isn't what people want), but games-as-service hasn't. Companies are going to continue to try to find ways to make a game monthly/annually profitable for longer (vs. just the initial game sales).

So basically appeal to people who have a lot of disposable income and don't mind buying all those pixel-thingies/bonuses/services which end up costing far more than a monthly subscription would. New mounts, new clothes, new weapons, storage space, new areas to conquer, new ships, whatever. Look how much money Star Citizen made and they haven't even come close to releasing it yet. Those people, that's what companies would love to have. :p

I'd actually be one of those people (to a point...) if I liked a game enough (I spent a fair amount on that NWN online f2p (haha) thing) but they always focus on online games so....no.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@hurlshot I see. Well, I have two friends, who play it a lot. But I am not very aware of current MMO market, so I thought it's much younger game. They both started playing it only this winter.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

I want to see more of the gameplay tooling, which was my favorite part of LBP. The sorts of level's people pulled off with that tooling was incredible, I hope they've pushed that even further for this. Right now we've mostly seen environment tooling.

Many of the best games these games are only on console, especially new IP, I'm guessing pc exclusivists hate that fact and that's why most have zero interest in E3. Still, as a PC main, I'm glad to own a PS4.

Would love to see a LBP, another Tearaway as well. These are the types of games that offer greater experiences than rpg's.

"How can a game without dialogue or combat have more depth and lore than an rpg?"

"Media Molecule, that's how".

I remember a true story that happened, funny but true....

"We can play console games on pc emulatiom"

Vita/PS4 gamer: "Yeah, good luck with trying to emulate them on a pc 10x's more powerful, good luck on that one"

Pc eletist/Recerse engineer with a couple master degrees: "Stupid pony"

Engineer emulates Uncharted 4 successfully at 15fps on quad Titans and 64gb of ram, pc burns out from too much stress on gpu's.

Next attempt, tries emulating a PS3 game, pc with twin 1080ti's and 64gb ram literally melts because it cannot compute alien technology that PS3 is (severely outdated cell tech running is still vastly superior to pc tech if today; PS3 is cell tech).

Third attempt, the guy manages to get a group of 25 of the world's most experienced members in reverse emgineering to work together to reverse engineer a simgle PS4 game. They successfully manage to emulate it at 20fps, they're playing the game and suddenly come to a certain part... They realize that it's not possible to emulate Vita, PS3 or PS4 games due to axis controls, aug reality dept, touchpad sequencing, etc.

Thus, no Vita, PS3, PS4 game can successfully be truly emulated. So sad lol The only real solution, play pc ad consoles :p

I'm a little tipsy, slaphappy and so I thought I'd share this with you guys. This will indeed be funny in 15-20 years as it will still be true. So funny!

Anyway, E3 gonna be GREAT this year! I'm watching the live streams, like I do every year. It's tradition for me, almost religious you see? Hehehehe

• Like 1