Everything posted by Gorgon
-
POST YOUR SPECS
I have a 4850 and it runs very hot, but it\s rated to be hot, no artifacts although I actually burned my skin on it while installing a soundcard. When I get the other one for crossfire I might consider doing that, as well as putting another case fan in near the cards. Although messing around with tiny components on a circuit board with a screwdriver, that sounds pretty terrifying.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
So one last update, after I discovered that all the fans in the case can be regulated from the outside, and set the CPU fan lower. The thing runs very silent, the quietest system I have ever had, you would have to look at the front LEDS to even know it was on. I can then flick the fans to a higher setting when doing an extended gaming session. I can heartily recommend this case. One small worry is that the maximus formula northbridge runs very hot, it hovers around 42-45 degrees, making it the hottest component in the system by more than 10 degrees. Maybe the big passive coolers means it doesn't benefit as directly from the four case fans.
-
Movie "Beijing 2008" to Debut Soon
I miss the bots, they are somehow more easy to accept than someone trying to plug something with no relevance whatsoever in his first post.
-
Fionavar Attacks!
I am philosophically disinclined towards animated gif avatars, unless its something very subtle, and it never is.
-
Failing to think independently
It\s because you can waltz through primary education without applying yourself, so no one takes it too seriously. At least thats the case here.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Ahh brilliant, I found it, in a sub menu of a sub menu, that made a huge difference in noise set to autoadjust performance mode. >_
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
So I couldn\t wait and I bought the arctic cooler off him, and well, it kinda destroys the whole concept of big slow moving fans on the mobo . It is louder than the stock cooler, but cheap, I can get another cooler if I decide its too annoying. It shows 23 degrees in the bios and 15 degrees in windows. Sadly it does not appear that maximus formula has fan RPM controls. Or can set a target CPU temperature, I guess this is because it\s basically an enthusiast oc board, and not concerned with noise.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
I\ll be honest, I mostly remember people from their avatars. Hell I can\t remember the names of half the people I work with and I\ve been there for a year. >_
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
According to what I have been able to find out, you are all wrong. No only is 65 degrees not high, it is in fact the default target temperature set by most 775 socket motherboards. What that means is that if the cpu is below 65 degrees the temperature control unit will automatically reduce the fan speed untill it reaches 65 to reduce noise. This fits perfectly with what I have observed if, as Bokshi says, the cpu is under full load while observed in the bios and affected by power saving mechanisms while in windows. You might think it sounds like a lot, but thats just an overclocker\s subjective opinion. The processor is rated to run at 65. It all depends on the exact stepping and model of the CPU. This is an overclocked example of my processor from a a core 2 temperature listing at Tom\s hardware forums. Example 2: Duo Tcase = 25c Idle, 60c Load (SpeedFan: CPU or Temp x) Tjunction average Core = 29c Idle, 67c Load (SpeedFan: Core x) Ambient = 22c Chipset = P45 CPU = E8400 CPU Cooler= Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Frequency = 4.0 Ghz Load = Prime95 - Small FFT`s - 10 minutes Motherboard = Asus P5Q Deluxe Stepping = C0 Vcore Load = 1.325 http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/221745...mperature-guide This is from the manual of an artic cooling Freezer 7 I borrowed. All of our socket 775 coolers come with a pwm controller chip in the motor according to intels specifications, This allows the BIOS to to control the fan precisely. In case the fan is not regulated according to CPU load respective temperature, enter the BIOS. Most socket 775 mainboards offer a target CPU temperature. Set it to 65
-
China did it
Justice for Yang Peiy NOW !!!11
-
China did it
China deserves bashing, its a one party state. Since when did we get all touchy feely about calling a dictatorship what it is.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
This was supposed to be a budget system, where did all my money go all of a sudden.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Im getting one of those Zalmann Copper Jobs, they look so beautiful it's almost a shame I dont have one of those gamer porn cases with glass doors to show off all the LEDs.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Oddly enough asus PC probe, which is bundled with the mobo, has the CPU at 43 cel. The Bios has it at 62. Both are asus, who is right...
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Well I guess another cooler is in order. I suppose all the wiggling around get the damn thing to fit ruined the termal coating. Intel idiots. Any recommendations here
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Well everything posted, no sudden death moves from the hardware. The CPU registers as 62 degrees celcius while idle in the bios, the auto shutdown temp set by the mobo is 90 degrees celcius. Is this this an acceptable temp ? Couldn't install though, the ancient CDRom was detected, but it couldn't spin up. It gave a few unsavory noises and just stopped, works just fine when I put it back in this box. I thought about installing over a network, but I have no drivers installed on the new box, so that can't work. I guess a cheap CD/DVD drive is the next move.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Better keep a close eye on temps when I post and have a look at the bios
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
It's more like a random smudge on the top of the fan+heatsink now after fidgeting with the plastic snap on assembly of the cpu fan. Whoever thought that was a better idea than a set of screws ought to be shot in the heat.
-
Another one of those upgrade threads.
Do you put thermal paste on the back of a core 2duo. The pamphlet is in a dozen languages and is exclusively legal mumbo jumbo, there are some drawings, and they don't show it, but who knows. The back of the cooler, intel boxed, has a sort of striped pattern in gray goop that looks like it might be thermal conductor.
-
Changing rooms
The nosferatu particularly active ?. You don't want to invite the wrong person in.
-
Changing rooms
Why the need for many reflective surfaces ?
-
What are you playing now?
Assassins creed on nintendo DS.
-
China did it
The east germans were really good at marching in step too. They kinda had to be. Crowds of one mind ought to terrify anyone who gives it a second thought.
-
China did it
Didn't watch, won't until they instate some kind of mortal combat tournament where martial artists and WWF rejects fight it out to the death on a skull dais surrounded by a flaming lava moat.
-
Thailand bans Grand Theft Auto IV
I think internet cafes are still big there. Few people can afford the latest hardware.