Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. Well the serial stardock gave me for online play doesn't work, but I don't really care, Sins is more of a strategy game than the kind of RTS you would enjoy playing online. On the other hand, the game doesn't require me to have the CD in the drive, big plus. I welcome this kind of move from an industry that is ripe with really poor conditions for buying games through downloads. Instead of just getting a contract between you and the company that says you payed for the game, they make all kinds of restrictions on how many computers you can use it on, and how many times you can install and activate it. Battling online piracy requires that it is easier, not a lot harder, to get a game the legit way.
  2. That's a question of resources, like when doctors triage patients, not of being philosophically disinclined to do your damn job.
  3. Nonsense, doctors are public servants, we don't allow other branches the right to pick and chose how they treat people. If you have a private clinic and suck fat out of the wealthy you can do as you like, but a public hospital...
  4. I don't know, but I have an irrational hatred for anything that keeps my boot time a nanosecond higher.
  5. Install without an admin password and you won't have that worry.
  6. What does this mean, that there are doctors who won't perform abortions. I don't see this as a problem unless they would actually refuse to save a woman's life and perform an emergency abortion. That would be criminal.
  7. I called in sick and I'm finishing up a pile of DVDs Latest one is transformers. I was surprised it was not garbage, lord knows it should be on paper and I'm completely indifferent about cool cars, but it was actually both funny and exciting. On golden compass, I liked certain elements of it but to be honest it got pretty stock fantasy once they started battling it out in the arctic.
  8. Wanted. It's quite possibly the most retarded action film ever, but the exploding rats won me over.
  9. 'How are you' is something you ask of someone you haven't seen in a while, you can wiggle out and say 'fine' or you can actually say something about your life, but it's not just a 'hello stranger' type greeting, in Denmark that is.
  10. What a boring story.
  11. I only played Guildwars for any length of time. I'm sure it doesn't belong in any 'best evar' list.
  12. I think that's what you call a contradiction in terms. Gaming laptop that is.
  13. I just want to say that although Temple of Elemental Evil was a horrible game, the system wasn't the reason, hell it was the only thing that made me finish it.
  14. I don't want to be force fed a plot, I want the experience to be challenging, and I want something more than hack & slash. I don't want so much sandboxing that everything turns generic and every dungeon into 2 scamps jealously guarding a pile of gravedust.
  15. Why wouldn't raising taxes increase revenue. Assuming it's not so high as to be punitive for business, people, and business will simply have to adapt and throw more money the government's way. Raising taxes is the only sure way of increasing revenue.
  16. Not always true. Applications don't allocate ram automatically, common misconception. With older software too much allocation space could even slow you down. In the long run of course the more the better.
  17. Or if you run Vista, it's like a big hungry baby sucking every ounce of juice out of your system to spend on itself, but hey, you get a bump in the vista experience scale, show that to your friends and watch their jealous expressions.
  18. XP pro 64 bit also recognizes 4 gigs. Still, it's not a major factor unless you opt for 8 gigs. DX10 is nice I guess, but unless someone throws a copy of vista my way I'm not going to bother.
  19. Whats your bet they are holding off for a Christmas launch with the adons. I bet this kind of game would make a nice present, if its new and exciting.
  20. Post pics, then we'll see whats what.
  21. I see the camera is still all over the place. I guess it's not something that's cost beneficial to fix.
  22. The funny thing is that the P190 comes with three separate case fans, and even with all three on low it's still audibly wheezing. But unless you have some really hot and bothersome parts in your case, all you need is one actually running. I disabled the one near the PSU and the one at the back, and left the one at the top running on low. So all in all I have the PSU fan (which either never moves or is totally silent, I don't know), the GPU fan, the CPU fan (which I can control with a dial at the back of the system, I have it on in-audible levels) and the top fan running. I can barely hear my system now! And all the temperatures are as low as ever. Well, I can actually hear it from where I'm sitting, but that's only because I have been thinking about it. Compared with what I had before it's silent as the grave. Now I can hear the radiator from the fridge and other people in my building flushing their toilets, not sure that's an improvement.
  23. Ahh, I guess I have DX issues, it turns out I can hear the dialogue, depending on which way I turn. It's as if some of the audio channels in the directional audio are just missing. From what I've been hearing though, I'm not missing much.
  24. It looks cool, but I have to say, unless you need it, that radiator is just taking up space. I imagine it's a bit of a pain moving the computer as well. I'm quite pleased with my Antec p190 case, after some fiddling around and with the case fans set to low it makes no noise either. You can't even tell on from off unless you put your ears to it. I can't OC it with those fan settings, but that's not what I was going for anyway.
  25. Rather than resort to necro-searching I thought I would start a thread about this strange game. OK, so I mustered the patience to sit through the rest of the tutorials. A few questions for those that have played Assassin's Creed. Whats with the pantomime ?. Is my game broken or is every human interaction basically you standing in an invisible box you can't get out of looking at the subject speaking, with no sound, other than the music. Until the game decides the phantom discussion is over. How do you fast travel, I'm sure it's somewhere in the map functions, can't find it. This reminds me of Oblivion making dropping an item a secret you had to root through the manual to discover. Other observations : Why does my horse veer to the left making me have to correct its direction constantly. Why didn't they stick an icon next to your currently selected mode, high or low profile. The difference seems to be 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.