What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

Started watching Legion tonight... I thought Logan was Fox trying out for the least superhero-movie superhero movie, but this is something off the rails altogether. Some proper Gillian/Gondry goodness going on so far.

Im surprised you would watch this? I have heard its very racist and condescending towards South Americans?

Dont be a race hater .....remember the SJ code !!!   :cat:

What?

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

That episode was cool, Mother of the Year on display there :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally caught up with Agents of SHIELD.

Funny how these things go. Before the start of season 4 I had severe misgivings about Ghost Rider being a part of the season, and now I ended up kind of disliking the LMD storyline more than the Rider one.

Still, LMD!May blowing up LMD!Coulson was an incredible well done scene.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Funny how these things go. Before the start of season 4 I had severe misgivings about Ghost Rider being a part of the season, and now I ended up kind of disliking the LMD storyline more than the Rider one.

I really liked the scene where Fitz Simmons tries to figure out who the LMD is.

I really liked the scene where Fitz Simmons tries to figure out who the LMD is.

Yeah, that was pretty neat. Except I accidentially spoilered myself so I already knew going into the scene... :(

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It almost sounds like they wanted to avoid the white savior trope stuff so bad they largely ignored Kun-Lun and focused on boring boardroom drama with him trying to claim his company. Supposedly the dragon he punched in the heart to get his powers won't even be seen in season 1.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Finally got around to starting to watch Taboo.

Develops at quite an evocative way as the first few episodes draws you in. Tom Hardy's brooding anti-hero of a damned son returning from Africa to London in 1814 to his father's funeral, shocking everyone who had thought he had been dead for over a decade. Land grabs, byzantine power plays, assassinations, whores, spies and a simmering tale of revenge. Also thrown in for good measure, healthy doses of a very corrupt East India Company and the secret peace treaties between the United States and Great Britain.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm 9 episodes into Iron Fist. I like it. Its probably the weakest of the series so far, but thats not saying a lot since the other 3 were all fantastic. First episode was structured weird though. I actually rewound it at one point because I felt like I had missed the beginning. I also felt like it didn't make sense for Claire not to immediately put Danny in touch with Daredevil once he brought up the Hand.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I loved Luke Cage. Sure,

Diamondback may have not been as good as Cottonmouth an adversary

but I thought he was interesting and effective on his own right, and I loved the general tone of it all. It's pretty much on the same level as the first season of Daredevil for me as the best of the Defenders universe so far.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I honestly don't get the complaints about Iron Fist. So far I'm enjoying it. My biggest complaint is handling Danny's origin through exposition instead of showing it.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The kerfuffle near parliament yesterday reminded one of the far more devastating and targeted attacks of the IRA in my youth, so last night after the few hours of delay caused by the suicidal coward I finally got home and began watching "Harry's Game." A fantastic little 80's thriller about a terrorist attack, the aftermath, and the retribution meted out.

Really quite good.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The Expanse S2E8 was fantastic. This is easily my current favorite show.

Dave Chappelle standup special on Netflix. I laughed my ass off, as did my wife, but I cannot lie, there are several jokes that will make a lot of you crap yourselves with moral outrage. :lol:

Really?? I thought it was one of the worst EPs of the season. Still, the Expanse is one of the better shows on right now. Right on my SF wheelhouse.

Gonna catch Chappelle soon. About time Dave's back.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle