Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[MECHANICS] The Big "Attack Speed" Conundrum

Mechanics Attack Speed Recovery Base Values

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1137 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Was kinda lazy to add checks around durganized fists, long pain + shield and such combinations. But finally did it. We have fists now :)
  • oaktownbrown, Livegood118, peddroelm and 2 others like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6113 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Coolio!

peddroelm

peddroelm

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 593 posts

very nice. 

Still if you ever find the drive there are still some missing features:

Drop down - quick-search filter select of all "weapons" in the game (including summoned/spell equivalents/ shape-shift forms/ ranger pets ) - don't need to add them all at once.  And all the class combat damage relevant perks. This would allow you to calculate single target DPS (all graze/all hits & all crits DPS). 

And then of course you need to be able to compare (multiple) different setups and ability to save load-ups and share them easily (load up the different choices in the URL perhaps) ..  

This would result in a great off-game character/party planner/builder .. 

Edited by peddroelm, 15 April 2017 - 10:12 PM.

Halfadozensixes

Halfadozensixes

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
Hi Maxquest, can you change the speed calculator to allow up to 43 DEX?
I believe wood-elf/godlike ciphers can achieve this with deadfire archipelago (+1), wild leech (+10), food buff (+2), rest bonus (+3), prostitute bonus (+2), viettro's boots (+4), skaen's boon (+1), and effigy's resentment (+1) and wanted to play around with a machine gun build by reducing action by 99% and using an arquebus. It may be worth using other firearms and even a priest with minor avatar or a wizard with martial power instead of wild leech due to diminishing returns of action speed decrease from dexterity (due to ~5 frame inter-action delay). Using your calculator would save me from multiple complex calculations.
Many thanks for your hard work on it so far: it's a fantastic tool.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1137 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sure, why not.

Increased max DEX up to 43.

arisboeuf

arisboeuf

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
How come no1 Made (Based on this Data) an Excel calculator for This? Pretty annoying to do it all by hands. Or Can some1 Share His selfmade?

Halfadozensixes

Halfadozensixes

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

How come no1 Made (Based on this Data) an Excel calculator for This? Pretty annoying to do it all by hands. Or Can some1 Share His selfmade?

Maxquest has shared all the speed calculations, so there is nothing stopping you from making an excel spreadsheet if you would like.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6113 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Before complaining, look at MaxQuest's signature!

He made an excellent webapp. Far better than crappy spreadsheets.

Edited by Boeroer, 30 May 2017 - 10:25 PM.

arisboeuf

arisboeuf

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

first of all sorry im toto stupid to realize it was on the very top of his post lol. too big :)

ok now i can calculate very good the attack speed

so let's say i have 200 frames and 10-20 dmg (average 15); do you count it this way: "my dps is 15/200"?
(you probably see, im a big PoE noob)

also do we know anything about enemy DRs?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1137 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

so let's say i have 200 frames and 10-20 dmg (average 15); do you count it this way: "my dps is 15/200"?

Vs 0 DR and assuming that all attacks were resolved as HIT, yes, your auto-attack dps will be 15/200 damage-per-frame, or 450/200 damage-per-second.

Vs higher DR (that is not covered by DR penetration) it's more complicated, as at least 20% of (non-lash) damage will always go through.
For example you hit an enemy with 10DR:
10 -> 2
11 -> 2.2
12 -> 2.4
13 -> 3
14 -> 4
15 -> 5
16 -> 6
17 -> 7
18 -> 8
19 -> 9
20 -> 10

58.6/11 = 5.327

So your average 15 vs 0 DR, becomes 5.327 vs 10 DR.
That's for HITs.
And it becomes more complicated if we start taking misses, grazes and crits into account, their damage modifiers, and also attack quality conversions: graze-to-hit, hit-to-crit and so on.

also do we know anything about enemy DRs?

For the main game, there is this table
For expansions through, there is no list I am aware of. Although you can take a look into in-game bestiary; and unlock the entries if need be via console (iroll20s -> UnlockBestiary).

Edited by MaxQuest, 01 June 2017 - 01:31 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mechanics, Attack Speed, Recovery, Base Values

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users