Battletech

ShadySands

It looks great, it definitely looks like it takes a few inspirations from the mech game called Brigador. Which is one of my favorites on Steam.

The only thing I'm worried about is if turn-based mechanics will take away from what makes mech combat "mech combat".. There's alot of technicalities in mech combat that of which made Mechwarrior and Brigador so great, I wonder how that will translate to actually playing in turn-based strategy. I'm interested.

I'm also curious to how this will stack up against it's fellow turn-based Mech game "Dual Gear" which seems more focused on Anime-styled ermmm Japanese-styled rather mechs like Armored Core.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The only thing I'm worried about is if turn-based mechanics will take away from what makes mech combat "mech combat".. There's alot of technicalities in mech combat that of which made Mechwarrior and Brigador so great, I wonder how that will translate to actually playing in turn-based strategy. I'm interested.

Huh, entirely different genre. This is going to be strategy, not an action shooter. Like the board game. :)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Brigador isn't a fast-paced action shooter nor is it a twin-stick shooter (it looks like one at first glance). Brigador is all about planning and strategy but real-time. You can overshoot mechs if you're not careful and you must manage your armor and ammunition very carefully, also use cover wisely and there are tons of intricate things like dodging, crouching, cloaking, smoke bombs for evasion, there is alot I see in common with both games.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

So, I just realized that it says "turn-based mech combat returns to the PC" in the teaser and I'm assuming they are only referring to Battletech setting games but the only turn based (and official and released) Battletech game that I can think of is Crescent Hawks Inception which was the very first Battletech PC game from almost 30 years ago.

I guess I don't really have anything to say about it other than it just seems a weird thing to say since they only made one TB game and then immediately moved away from turn based

I don't really know where I thought I was going with this but since I typed it already :shrugz:

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

I would love a new MechCommander :( But this is wishful thinking. Showing my age here....

So, I just realized that it says "turn-based mech combat returns to the PC" in the teaser and I'm assuming they are only referring to Battletech setting games but the only turn based (and official and released) Battletech game that I can think of is Crescent Hawks Inception which was the very first Battletech PC game from almost 30 years ago.

I guess I don't really have anything to say about it other than it just seems a weird thing to say since they only made one TB game and then immediately moved away from turn based

I don't really know where I thought I was going with this but since I typed it already :shrugz:

we read the blurb broadly so as to mean that the BattleTech franchise, based 'pon the turn-based tabletop wargame, would be returning to the pc.

HA! Good Fun!

ps moments ago we noticed Tales of the Black Widow Company were selling for $59 at amazon.  gonna need dig up our bettletech stuff and have us a fire sale. proceeds go to a worthy cause: reservations for two at the laundry in napa. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Dear Gromnir,

One would think you'd make:

"HA! Good fun!" Your signature by now ;)

Finally watched the beta video, I was going to give the beta a hard pass since I'm only in it for the campaign but now I don't think I can wait to play it

we got beta access, so if you wanna wait a couple days, we can provide feedback 'fore you take the plunge.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That demo really looks promising. Certainly prettier than Shadowrun.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It has a game hub/page on Steam :)

post-173997-0-33592200-1494659522_thumb.jpg

That demo really looks promising. Certainly prettier than Shadowrun.

I actually really liked the aesthetic of the Shadowrun games they did, but, yeah, the graphical fidelity in Battletech is on a completely different level.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Now i wonder how Battletech would look with fixed isometric camera and on pre-rendered backgrounds. :D Well mech couldn't be so low poly as characters were in shadowrun that's for sure, but otherwise it looks awesome in my mind. :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Is the new Mechwarrior game VR only? I sure hope not.

Is the new Mechwarrior game VR only? I sure hope not.

Not that I've heard. Just VR support but I haven't seen anything new since December. 

Would probably be a dumb move to limit the audience like that

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 3 weeks later...

https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/6855?page=24

seems to be a delay for the beta key release.  am gonna get work done then check back this afternoon.  will update once we have had a chance to kick the tires and take a mech or two for a spin 'round the block.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2