Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #92: Reward Redemption

Kickstarter Rewards Redemption Backer Portal Download Game Steam GOG You Rock

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

LordCrash

LordCrash

Grand Weresheep of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Steam:LordCrash88
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

So does anyone know yet at what time exactly the game will become available?

Steam update time is usually around 7 pm CET

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

9AM PST, 4PM GMT

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

From the Official Keys Thread

Thanks!

And a huge LOL @Obsidian for their ****ed up communication. I mean thanks for sending the stuff by airmail, really, but why not communicating that properly? I would have been much more happy today if I already knew that I will get my stuff much sooner...

• Aramis and RadonGOG like this

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1700 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Will the ringtones also be formatted for text message alerts? I pledged a lot of money and since no one uses their phone to make calls, I will be very disappointed if I can't re-purpose the ringtones from Obsidian. Again, I pledged a lot of money and I want everyone to know, so, please indulge my demands immediately, thank you.   

• Leferd likes this

Adept7777

Adept7777

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

9AM PST, 4PM GMT

Well that's a shame, no midnight release then I guess. Thanks though!

Edited by Adept7777, 25 March 2015 - 03:58 PM.

Lohi

Lohi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so.

There was an entire Kickstarter update email to everyone about the delay in physical goods, with a poll about it how to handle this.  The sticking point is that outside of the US that delay will be longer, but even in the US we will wait a few weeks for physical delivery. 

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

From the Official Keys Thread

Thanks!

And a huge LOL @Obsidian for their ****ed up communication. I mean thanks for sending the stuff by airmail, really, but why not communicating that properly? I would have been much more happy today if I already knew that I will get my stuff much sooner...

They've been a little overwhelmed lately as one might imagine. I think they've been erring on the side of making sure things get done in time instead of necessarily communicating it effectively to everyone. 

Source: I forum-stalk Brandon.

• Aramis likes this

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Will the ringtones also be formatted for text message alerts? I pledged a lot of money and since no one uses their phone to make calls, I will be very disappointed if I can't re-purpose the ringtones from Obsidian. Again, I pledged a lot of money and I want everyone to know, so, please indulge my demands immediately, thank you.   

There are free software tools to do that yourself if needed...

HoopyFreud

HoopyFreud

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Re: the $35 Kickstarter option, will the soundtrack be available through the Steam download? Because I don't see it in my Products tab.

It should be added to your Products tab around actual release.

Thanks, based mod.

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so.

There was an entire Kickstarter update email to everyone about the delay in physical goods, with a poll about it how to handle this.  The sticking point is that outside of the US that delay will be longer, but even in the US we will wait a few weeks for physical delivery. 

Yes, but the mail spoke about a few days. Later Brandon talked about a couple of weeks because of some dock strikes. That's a difference, at least for me. Anyway, since the now seem to send stuff by air the old status quo should be up again. 

Xukuth

Xukuth

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

That would mean you'd get two copies of the game tho...

...however, if what you meant is that you're getting multiple digital copies of the game with your reward tier, I'd think you can choose the platform for each one? I don't have that so can't check, but are they listed as separate entries in your backer portal?

I don't think (at least in this case) that being able to download the game from two different places is really equivalent to two different copies of the game.  I'm already getting a physical DRM-free copy of the game if it's a "but you can give a key away to someone else!" issue - and if I choose GOG, I'm already able to get a digital DRM-free copy.  I'd just like to be able to have the game on both my GOG and Steam "shelves" (and no, manually adding a non-Steam game to the client is not the same).

Valmy

Valmy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Steam:valmy77
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

But I want to play now ;(

It has been a long road Obsidian! Looking forward to see it in all its glory tomorrow!

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2251 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

pre-loading now. can't hardly wait!

Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Grey Eminence of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just redeemed my Kickstarter Royal Edition on GOG.com!

Looking forward to playing the game and seeing what kind of response it gets from everyone. :)

stasisbal

stasisbal

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:stasisbal
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So has there been any word on when physical goods will be shipped (I'm in the continental US)?  My order has said "Shipping Soon" since last week.  Previous updates and that shipment poll implied we would be getting the stuff before or at launch.  Have people received anything?  Did I miss something?

Otherwise, thanks for the update.  The most important thing is I have the actual game preloaded and I'm super excited to play it.

Azmodiuz

Azmodiuz

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Steam:woodzstack

What time exactly is this unlocking ? I ask because it is now, officially the 26th and its still locked.

wait, just found it, 17 more hours ?!?!?!  so, basically hours before the 27th....  how ****ing stupid is that. UGH, I hate **** like this.

Edited by Azmodiuz, 25 March 2015 - 04:28 PM.

• Schnitzel, jai2yeux and essmx like this

ravensamdear

ravensamdear

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:ravensamdear
  • Steam:ravensamdear
  • Kickstarter Backer

I preloaded the game on steam. Still haven't received anything in the mail. On my Orders page it still says "Shipping Soon"... *fingers crossed*

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Looking forward to playing the game and seeing what kind of response it gets from everyone. :)

Hey Silver! Long time no see. Seems like the ol' crowd is gathering before venturing forth in this last few hours until release... ;)

Edited by LordCrash, 25 March 2015 - 04:30 PM.

• Archmage Silver likes this

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts

What time exactly is this unlocking ? I ask because it is now, officially the 26th and its still locked.

9AM PST, 4PM GMT

If you are in Montreal, Canada it is, in fact, the 25th currently.

Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Grey Eminence of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Silver! Long time no see. Seems like the ol' crowd is gathering before venturing forth in this last few hours until release... ;)

Hey, LC! Yeah, real life takes its toll. I've mostly been lurking, waiting for the release... ;)

• LordCrash likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kickstarter, Rewards, Redemption, Backer Portal, Download, Game, Steam, GOG, You Rock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users