The merry xmas thread

Serrano

When I was a kid my "fun uncle"* took me to the supermarket to get a movie. This was back in the days when there were still huge stores that sold nothing other than movies on VHS. Anyway, this supermarket, I forget the name of it, had a relatively large video rental store with a decent collection of movies. After walking the aisles for a while I finally saw a movie that caught my eye. It had Lou Diamond Phillips in it and was a comedy. I like comedy and it goes without saying, or at least it should, that I like Lou Diamond Phillips. We get the movie and leave the but somehow in the span of the 5 minutes it took to check out and exit the building I lost the movie. We looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it. I still had the receipt and it said DISORGANIZED CRIME on it. At first I thought that's what I did by losing the movie until I realized that it was the name of the movie.

Anyway, happy holidays

*uncle that parties all the time and is/was a disappointment to my grandparents

Free games updated 3/4/21

Warmest of the seasons greetings ladies and gentlemen, may all your presents have receipts, your families acknowledge hints and your stomachs maintain a cast iron constitution.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"There's always room for one more Flanders!"

And always room for more loving X-Mas greetings! :)

Merry Christmas, all!

Eat well (lots), put up your legs and play the bejeebers out of your favourite games!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Merry Christmas!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope it's all you hope it will be!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I woke up this morning, got dressed for work, and drove into the office. Hmm, there's nobody in the parking lot. What a bunch of slackers! Wait, what? Yeah, you guessed it: my calendar was messed up.  :blush:  So it's back home to relax. Woo-hoo! :p

Merry Christmas, everybody! :) :) :)

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Merry Christmas, you freaks. :)

EDIT: Not to get overly political, but spare a thought for the poor SOBs  in conflicts around the world. Particularly for those not celebrating Christmas at all, and for whom their war drags on unrelenting.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Merry Christmas, you freaks. :)

EDIT: Not to get overly political, but spare a thought for the poor SOBs  in conflicts around the world. Particularly for those not celebrating Christmas at all, and for whom their war drags on unrelenting.

This subject always comes up during Christmas dinner at our place.

• Like 1

I'm eating my Christmas lunch and settling in to watch Tolkein films.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.