What are you playing now?

I'm somewhere in Chapter 1 in the Witcher 2 right now. Pretty cool game so far. I'm liking the story thus far. Oh, and I've had sex with Triss twice now.

That's all normal.

And the rash will go away on it's own if you don't scratch it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Fallout : Tactics Despite its shortcomings there is something fun about killing raiders, tribals, beastmen, beasts and super mutants. Must be their death animations. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I liked Fallout : Tactics, although I never really finished it due to never having anyone on my squad developed to be robot killers (d'oh). Right now, screwing around in ArmA 2/OA (300 hours in that game now, heh) while I try to find a new game to get myself involved in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people. I might get it later in the year. The release date isn't exactly good for me.

Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people.

Yeah, but pawns follow you around. They don't try to enter the shop while you leave town, then complain when they find out it won't load two different areas and let you keep your characters and quest progress separately from the host.

Saw that pop up with Neverwinter Nights 2, Fable 2, and Dungeon Siege 3.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people.

Yeah, but pawns follow you around. They don't try to enter the shop while you leave town, then complain when they find out it won't load two different areas and let you keep your characters and quest progress separately from the host.

Saw that pop up with Neverwinter Nights 2, Fable 2, and Dungeon Siege 3.

I knew someone would post something like this, and you're right. I usually don't play online, but when I do, I mostly do it with people that actually want to do "proper" coop, ie: Wait for eachother, and not run around doing other things.

It would have been cool if I could take my character into a friends game and play with him/her.

A two player offline mode would have been great though, oh well, I still need to try out the demo

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

A two player offline mode would have been great though, oh well, I still need to try out the demo

Offline multiplayer, do they even do that anymore?
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Offline multiplayer, do they even do that anymore?

Rayman Origins has only offline coop. Up to 4 players.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

borderlands and borderlands 2 have offline coop (thank god - its the absolute funnest way to play)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing the GW3 beta (even for the brief time I did) broke my Risen2 momentum and today I find myself sitting here at the PC, thinking I'll play Risen2 and yet not turning the game on. :(

....*pokes self*... c'mon LC, don't be this way yet again, turn it on. You know you want to.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't seem to stir much gaming enthusiasm at the moment. Or at least, what I do stir tends to slide into TOR play. Waiting on ME3 dlc stuff before I get back to that..

I haven't turned on steam in about a month.. And I've got a batch of Saints Row the Third to actually amuse myself with at some point.. but eh.. mood.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i've just been reading a lot lately, and started kickboxing again this week so that will eat up some time. i'm bouncing around between civ games and brief forays into diablo 1. killing time until diablo 3 gets released.

tonight i think i'll spend some time with the dragons dogma demo

I was checking out my old game of Painkiller yester evening. Noticed the date stamp on the save file... August 2010. I could have sworn that was something I played and saved recently. Also a reminder that I really should reinstall Windows some day, too many quirks accumulated over time :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Played and finished Binary Domain. Let me put it this way: If it were a movie in he '90s, it could've blown Terminator away. Maybe.

It's like Alpha Protocol with less (but not devoid of) C&C and some bare-bone RPG elements, but has an overall higher quality. Basically, it's a TPS set in an old-school cyberpunk future (post-disaster, lots of robots, shiny megapolis, etc). The plot is great, very reminiscent of the Old Ones, the combat mechanics are tight and the shooting is fun (enemies break down as you hammer them). Animations and cutscene direction are sweet, writing is on par with a good '90s movie. It's an awesome game, IMO. Not flawless, but steal awesome.

The Walking Dead: Likewise, a C&C driven RPG disguised as an adventure game, and simply great.

Edited by Oner

Wait.. h-how is Binary Domain like Alpha Protocol? Wasn't Alpha Protocol's defining characteristic the fact that it offers different playstyles and plenty of consequences for even small choices? While it's my understanding from the press/fans coverage and the demo that Binary Domain it's essentially an interesting TPS with a couple of unusual mechanics that also happens to be made in Japan? Am I missing something? (I'm serious and I don't want to dismiss what you're saying, I just genuinely don't understand the angle.)

Wait.. h-how is Binary Domain like Alpha Protocol? Wasn't Alpha Protocol's defining characteristic the fact that it offers different playstyles and plenty of consequences for even small choices? While it's my understanding from the press/fans coverage and the demo that Binary Domain it's essentially an interesting TPS with a couple of unusual mechanics that also happens to be made in Japan? Am I missing something? (I'm serious and I don't want to dismiss what you're saying, I just genuinely don't understand the angle.)

He's overreacting. There's only a little actual C&C in Binary Domain (though theres definitly a strong illusion of choice in the first playthrough) but theres some things that are a little different or have unique banter depending who you team-up with.

That said its good, it has a fun, somewhat interesting plot and charachters and great bosses. I didn't expect less though as its a pretty high quality dev in general. Ever played the Yakuza games?

Edited by C2B

Well, it's a TPS with C&C and a hint of conspiracies, that's all I reall meant.

Oh and the characters are well written, with actual personalities, the plot is really great.

Frankly, I love the little extra details in the game. The japs speak jap, the brits have british accents, the japs have jap accents, the US guys have US, etc. The only odd one out is Faye, who doesn't sound chinese, but is at least voiced by Laura Bailey. -Oh and the voice acting is great too.

Edited by Oner

Well, it's a TPS with C&C and a hint of conspiracies, that's all I reall meant.

Oh and the characters are well written, with actual personalities, the plot is really great.

K cool. I think I'll get it eventually, just a bit later. Weird, because I don't usually enjoy third person shooters, hated the Gears of War titles.