Deus Ex 3

meh, his head is so far up his butt, he can't see the obvious.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that *you* say that? -_-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

those are two different kinds of "ironic"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

meh, his head is so far up his butt, he can't see the obvious.

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that *you* say that? :p

:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dugas ? Feh, bastard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How Eidos Made the World of 2027 Today

A behind the scenes video, with some new footage, and assorted people from the development team speaking.

(Most notably Mary DeMarie)

Nothing too new and groundbreaking, but it's there for those needing their DE fix before August rolls around.. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Deus Ex 1 was, and still is, one of the best games of all time.

Yeah, but just like tweens don't really get why Citizen Kane is a great movie because they are dumbfounded by Michael Bay new "VSFXathon" they don't really get why DX is a good game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, but just like tweens don't really get why Citizen Kane is a great movie because they are dumbfounded by Michael Bay new "VSFXathon" they don't really get why DX is a good game.

You know its a scary realisation to hit the point where the cool, original things are no longer being understood as cool or original by the younger generation..because they're the younger generation.. >_<

It's hard to decide whether to blame them, the michael bays of the world..or the fact that you're finally turning just that damned old...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You know its a scary realisation to hit the point where the cool, original things are no longer being understood as cool or original by the younger generation..because they're the younger generation.. >_<

It's hard to decide whether to blame them, the michael bays of the world..or the fact that you're finally turning just that damned old...

No, the really sad realization is that whilst Citizen Kane has survived because of the IFC and the AFI we have no organization that preserves old video games. (the closest thing we have to it is the emulation community) The classics still are part of the courses that anyone trying to become a filmmaker has to take, but as we say on our school "We are in game art we don't play games"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Part of it, is just that great games, and other things, are highly influential and they get copied so much that within a few years the original great game seems like nothing special because hundreds of games have copied everything it did.

Half Life is a perfect example of that. Kids today playing HL would think it probably a poor game, but it's beyond their ability to understand what it was when it was originally released.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

True enough, but setting contributions aside the entertaining games of our past will be lost to memory as technology progress. Example of it "Doom" at one point it was the zenith of FPS nowadays you have health regen and yearly CoD.

Games have a short life-span because of technology.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

It's hard to decide whether to blame them, the michael bays of the world..or the fact that

you're finally turning just that damned old...

When you start saying things like "Kids today just don't appreciate [insert thing you think is important] because all they care about is [insert thing you hold in contempt]." then yeah, the problem is not the the kids.

it's beyond their ability to understand what it was when it was originally released.

No it's not. Kids today are exactly the same as kids at any other time. They aren't going to think of something as important just because you want them to or say they should. You need to educate them. Of course I suspect people are more interested in complaining about those damn kids then they are in having those kids actually understand the importance of a particular title in the history of gaming.

Part of it, is just that great games, and other things, are highly influential and they get copied so much that within a few years the original great game seems like nothing special because hundreds of games have copied everything it did.

I remember someone on these forums asking why Dead Space wasn't as praised as Resident Evil 4 considering they're so similar, which of course ignores that Resident Evil is a much loved and rather long series and RE4 was a title that brought new life to the series, whereas DS was a game that owed a lot to RE4.

Ignorance of gaming history isn't limited to kids. Let's not forget that terribly embarrassing thread here not that long ago where someone asked "Can games do comedy?", which of course requires one to be ignorant of the plethora of comedy games that exist.

those damn kids.

i personally enjoyed citizen kane when i was 15, but on seeing it again when i was 27, i LOVED it. so yeah, maturity and education do alter one's tastes. that said, its ok with me if kids dont like half life, so long as they go back and replay it when they are older so they can see why it was important.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So, to sum up : Hide behind cover mechanics (proudly turning every game into the same boring experience since 2008), not much exploration, yet somehow it might magically still be good.

To sum up your post:

Umm, you forgot something?

So, to sum up : Hide behind cover mechanics (proudly turning every game into the same boring experience since 2008), not much exploration, yet somehow it might magically still be good.

But he has a cool voice and shades. And angst and that transhumanism stuff.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shame they didn't use some FP cover system, then again only game that had that was VC I think.

Using good cover mechanics for stealth and combat... my god... Deus Ex is truly doomed...

Do you disagree that cover mechanic shooters practically all look and feel alike ?

I want this game to be good, I really do, and I think the chances are decent, but there is the ever present problem of the lousy aiming on controllers, so you have to think of something else for the firefights. More often than not, that doesn't go much further than crouching behind crates for the duration.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Do you disagree that cover mechanic shooters practically all look and feel alike ?
Yes, I disagree, especially when they incorporate gameplay elements other than "be in cover" and "shoot from cover".

That said, DX:HR is using a core type of cover mechanic I know I enjoy: the one found in Rainbow Six: Vegas. Also, the "line up before you pop out" type crosshairs help alleviate a lot of the potential aiming frustration.

Why not play it on PC if you can't get used to console aiming?

What was so special about Vegas' cover system ? If I recall from playing it, it was the same routine other than the "blind" firing, maybe I've forgotten something.