How do you feel about skimpy PC's? Do you play them, or avoid them?

Tanjaxxx

I've seen quite a bit of men using (or creating) skimpy female portraits (characters), and a few female using (or creating) masculine (usually gay for some reason... xD), also kinda skimpy men. 

So I'm wondering if it's something you do as well, or is it something you avoid?

Personally, it kinda breaks my immersion if my PC kind of looks like a se* toy lol. xD I don't mind other people doing it, but I like my own hero to look well..heroic! :D I play them because they're awesome, not because they look good in certain outfits lol...; - or the lack of certain outfits! XD

Though, I do love hardly dressed girls irl (I mean..who doesn't ;) ohh..straight chicks. xD) , I don't like it for MY player character to look that way...nor do I want to dress (hardly) irl. xD LOL! ....Well, maybe on special occasions, don't we all then? 

PS: I don't judge anyone, and I don't plan to. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like skimpy characters ruin serious RP for them? :)) And for those who do like creating or picking such portraits...what's your angle? (Again, no judging! :p

NOTE: By skimpy I mean..hardly dressed...it's what skimpy means...right? XD *RIP ENGLISH if I'm wrong...*

• Like 2

I usually go for the 'been there, done that, got the scars' kind of characters in RPGs. Sometimes I create a female character and those usually end up looking rather...melancholic. Skimpy is not my thing, I guess I don't like the idea of NPCs constantly looking up my characters butt.  :-

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I usually go for the 'been there, done that, got the scars' kind of characters in RPGs. Sometimes I create a female character and those usually end up looking rather...melancholic. Skimpy is not my thing, I guess I don't like the idea of NPCs constantly looking up my characters butt.  :-

I love scarred PC's . :) Not sure why...makes them look..bada**, I guess? xD

I ...have been guilty at looking at my character butt at times....well, in Fallout or Skyrim (games like that) but um...yeah, it's not on purpose! XD SO IT DOESN'T COUNT! 

Really though, I don't dress my girls (or guys - which i hardly ever play anyway) skimpy BUT, the butt just sorts gets in the way sometimes..... xD 

As for NPC's: I like the to have character. But I also like them looking either bad*ss like my own character, or well....decent...looking.....if it's gonna be a romance/s*x option anyhow. If not, I don't care if they look like Durance. :) 

Hey, looking heroic can look good too! :p I get what you mean though, and for the most part I agree - yet as a young teen I also admit to have been guilty of playing a few skimpy female characters because... Well... It's a time in one's life where we let our hormones make the call way too often. :D I get the appeal behind designing a character based on sex appeal, though nowadays I tend to create characters based on a character concept or role I'd like to explore. In the defense of "skimpy" characters, I also don't think these two areas are mutually exclusive, and you can definitely be trying to roleplay a Safana-type character who uses her looks and charm to her knowing advantage for example.

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Hey, looking heroic can look good too! :p I get what you mean though, and for the most part I agree - yet as a young teen I also admit to have been guilty of playing a few skimpy female characters because... Well... It's a time in one's life where we let our hormones make the call way too often. :D I get the appeal behind designing a character based on sex appeal, though nowadays I tend to create characters based on a character concept or role I'd like to explore. In the defense of "skimpy" characters, I also don't think these two areas are mutually exclusive, and you can definitely be trying to roleplay a Safana-type character who uses her looks and charm to her knowing advantage for example.

Yeah, same m8 (as far as 'now' goes for you). :D If they're aggressive, I try to make them look the part. Kinda evil witch?? Again, looks the part. :) 

I think I've said this before on another thread but I usually play games (the ones that allow you to create characters) as a female character, though I'm male in real life. I'm pretty masculine and never wanted to be a female but I think it's fun to get to be a female character in a video game, I try to make them nice to look at, no use in having a male character that I don't think is cool looking or a female character that I don't think is attractive...

That all probably sounds shallow but it isn't, it's really up to the devs to hive us the tools to create what we want or deem as acceptable. I am pretty picky about what characters I really like in games and in a way, it kknda speaks to how picky I am about who or what kind of people I'm drawn to in real life. Who fo we portray ourselves as? We are playing in an imaginary world so might as well play to our strengths in that regard.

When is skimpy too skimpy? There's kinda a point where it becomes ridiculous, I've seen streamers having their characters run around the whole game in underwear, didn't find that funny or attractive in any way. I suppose there is a balance and a good skimpy/sexy. Self control is hard for some.

I don't think I've ever played a game where I didn't try to create my character cool looking or attractive. Being stuck to a character throughout the whole game is kinda like a marriage, you don't want to settle for something you're not 100% happy with. So there's no shame in working an hour on an attractive face for a character alone and even more time on the body. It is rewarding to have a character who looks good in all armors and clothing too lol It tskes work but it's worth it!

To give you an idea on what isn't too skinpy for me: 2b from Nier Automata, Bayonetta, Fury from Darksiders 3.

Ivy from Soul Calibur is kinda pushing the limit for me personally. I mean, I wouldn't create a character and dress them like her lol

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm about 50/50 on whether I play a male or a female character, given the choice. As far as whether I play a sexualized looking character, it depends on the tone of the game. If the game has a serious or grimdark tone then I prefer fit and/or muscular characters wearing practical clothing/armor that look like they could realistically survive or thrive in the game world. If the tone of the game is tongue in cheek or silly then I'm all for playing a sexy or ridiculous looking character. If it fits the tone of the game then I have no issue whatsoever playing a sexy female warrior wearing a super skimpy chain bikini that she looks like she's about to spill out of.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I prefer skimpy barbarians with high intimidation.

Not really playing much games with skimpy gals option, it sounds as more MMO style. More often go with look of evil witch or full boobplate. Gothic could happen.

More often picking one with best stats.

Other look: impressive headfur, since in isometeric mode irokez or cable-dreds (golden or violet) is only way to stand out.

Other than that, sometimes playing girl for (seducing Eder) extra content.

It is interesting how many games offer simply outfit. It happens in MMO. And sometimes it is part of artstyle (Vampire Bloodlines). Not sure how if you can perv in mainstrean games.

Edited by evilcat

When I saw the thread title I wondered if a "skimpy PC" was a new term for a barebones rig or something. :lol:

I don't really care about skimpy clothing (mostly such makes me chuckle at the absurdity). It really depends on the context, world, environment, type of game. I mean, if you're making a game and trumpeting its "reality" aspect (historical, combat, weaponry) or just want me to take chrs. seriously, don't dress them up in g-strings. If it's a fantasy MMO or caveman period game and they're running around in loincloths, why not. Most of the time I prefer a moderate level of clothing myself (like in FFXV, I always put a shirt on Gladio, I really don't care about seeing his pixel-abs all the time, plus a tank-top is better stats :p ), so as long as there are varied options to choose from and bikini's and shirtless loincloths aren't the only option (only one clothing choice is boring, it's the modern era, yo) it's cool.

But I've also spent plenty of games with female chrs. where I ran around for long periods in their undies or exotic nighties or something, because I found it funny. (Edit - I've done the same with male chrs too, but by and large if given a choice I tend to make female chr.s most of the time)

What I tend to get annoyed with more than anything else are unrealistic proportions, both male and female, where their bodies actually look weirdly distorted. Like legs that are twice the length of torsos or crazy wasp waists with shoulder-pad width shoulders. I just find that visually disturbing/too weirdly distracting unless they're very purposely cartoonish styled to begin with.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Everytime I see the title of this thread, I imagine a desktop tower in a bikini.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nope, no skimpy digital representations here. Trying to fight slimey monsters while half-clad seems daft. Save it for the employees in the in-game brothel.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

My Bounty Hunter in Swtor was a giant muscular human male with a mullet and beard. Why? Because he was a manly man. He had a lot of party in the back but all business in the front.

I rarely make female characters. I will play games with a premade female protagonist, but if I have the option I make a dude because I'm a dude.

• Like 1

I'm neutral on them.  It depends on the game, the character I'm playing and the options available in the game as to how my character dresses.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I always play an alter-ego of myself, so never any outlandish characters.

On the other hand, my best friend always plays a hot, underdressed chick with the rationale: "If I'm going to stare at an ass for 30 hours, it should be a nice one". Which, admittedly, also makes a lot of sense. I do think he spent more time in Skyrim picking the thong on his nordic fantasy babe than actually playing the game, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I do like the old fantasy art (Frazzetta etc.), even some of the bikinimail nonsense - but I never roleplay it. It's also hard to do because armor progression tends to go from rude peasant, to normal knight, to spiky warlord of doom - so there is little space to actually express yourself unless you're totally willing to flaunt the stats.

One of the things I loved about the Witcher was how you flat out wore a shirt or a very modest looking leather armor for the most of the game. They ruined that with the sequel though, when they made Geralt into an obnoxious action hero.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 3

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.