(EDIT) Updated this post with Systems Changes, Known Issues, and fixed formatting
Ahoy Backers and Watchers!
Get ready to set sail and venture into glory! We're happy to announce that we have a big update happening for the Backer Beta! We are now introducing Ship Combat, Crew Members, Items, and Enchanting/Crafting into the beta! As always, we would really appreciate on getting as much feedback as possible and have fun!
Please note that older saves will not work on the latest patch! Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ship Crew - Crewmembers specific to Ships and Ship Combats have been added to the Backer Beta! Ship Crew will manage your ship and man specific roles during ship combat, so they're essential to your seafaring adventure. Proper crew management is the key to an effective crew. Ship crew is accessed through the Ship Management [H] Menu.
Ship Items - Items to aid you in combat such as cannons have been added to the Backer Beta as well. This includes components to the ship, as well as Food, Equipment, and Cargo. Ship Items are also accessed via the Ship Management [H] Menu.
Ship Combat - Ship Combat has been added to the Backer Beta. Ships will now sail around on the world map and can attack or be attacked by your ship. Clicking on any ship will allow the player to engage in Ship Combat in our unique Ship Combat system. We would love feedback on this!
Enchanting/Crafting - Enchanting and Crafting system has been added! You can access Crafting from the Inventory Menu, and with the correct recipes will be able to craft specific items to aid you in game.
- Enchanting will be possible with unique weapons, and Right-Clicking on any item that is able to be Enchanted will display a button that will give access to the possible enchants available
Inventory on World Map - A quality of life change we hope you all will enjoy, Inventory is now accessible when on the world map. This is something we feel will benefit the player greatly as you travel on land or sea!
- Very Fast, Fast, Average, and Slow Recovery times have been increased by 1s each
- Slow and Very Slow Cast Times have been reduced by 1s each
- Dual Recovery bonus has been reduced from -50% to -30% Recovery
- Armor Recovery Penalty changed across all three armor types
- Heavy Armor changed from 67% to -38%
- Medium Armor changed from -82% to -45%
- Light Armor changed from -50% to -30%
- Ship management 'Voyager' Ship Name is a Missing String
- Veen combat has multiple NPCs without equipment (happens after boarding them)
- Helmsman is not placed correctly on the ship deck
- Healing the Boars in the encounter can be attempted by all character with incorrect abilities
Thanks to all you wonderful gamers providing tons of feedback/bugs. We have been able to address those tons of bugs over the past month; here are some of the highlights. Be aware that the following list contains possible spoilers to some Backer Beta content for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.
- (FIXED) Quicksaving and Loading on the World Map causes Character Portrait to change
- (FIXED) Gains 3 levels per multiclass rather than 2
- (FIXED) Chat Scroll bar is reversed
- (FIXED) Interacting with the Windswept Shrine
- (FIXED) Monk Shattered Pillar's Wound ability is not clear to the player
- (FIXED) Desert Wurm Hatchling active effect displays twice in Character Sheet
- (FIXED) Desert Wurm Hatchling has the incorrect icon
- (FIXED) Killing Broodmother and Himuihi triggers a Quest Failed pop up
- (FIXED) Vektor has multiple duplicate barks after completing Poko Kohara
- (FIXED) Post level up skills are incorrect from what character spent in level up
- (FIXED) Battle Axe modal has temp descriptions in status bar
- (FIXED) Blunderbuss modal has temp description in status bar
- (FIXED) Godlike Body time has Temp description in Character Creation
- (FIXED) The Edit Grimoire button has been changed to View Grimoire
- (FIXED) Resting on a mat in Tikawara shows an inn cutscene
- (FIXED) Rod's Blast Weapon modal does not grant any bonus
- (FIXED) Ghostheart subclass has some abilities that don’t work on level up
- (FIXED) Corpse Eater and Flesh Communion now state that the barbarian must consume "deceased" corpses, unconscious does not suffice
- (FIXED) Chanter Troubadour ability has missing strings
- (FIXED) Druid shapeshift forms have incorrect attack icons
- (FIXED) Multiclass characters can spend their additional point on one class
- (FIXED) Trickster subclass does not learn Dazzling Lights inherently
- (FIXED) It is possible to avoid the Devoted subclass penalty
- (FIXED) Druid's Storm Rage ability is missing Penetration bonus from Fury Subclass
- (FIXED) Nature's Resolve buff does not show the correct icon
- (FIXED) Get Over Here's ability has [TEMP] text in Character Creation
- (FIXED) Ascendant's Soul Whip does less damage when not at max focus
- (FIXED) Portrait and Voice set integers are very dark on the Character UI
- (FIXED) Characters can appear extremely large in the UI. It is hilarious
- (FIXED) Character Creation portraits are misaligned for the first row
- (FIXED) General Companions have a Wants to Talk icon that does not fire any dialogue
Spells and Abilities:
- (FIXED) Essential Phantom is casting an empty character model or bugged character
- (FIXED) Reflexive Mirror trigger can duplicate pets
- (FIXED) Arcane Veil causes weapon model to go missing
- (FIXED) Living Surge is not clear to user
- (FIXED) Reverse Pickpocket has no difficulty
- (FIXED) Concelhauts staff uses modal damage.
- (FIXED) Summoned Weapons appear to be missing some bonuses for weapon types
- (FIXED) Dual wielding Pistols does not reload as intended
- (FIXED) Corrosive damage is calculating incorrectly
- (FIXED) Swapping Modal allows for ranged weapons to have no recovery reload time
- (FIXED) Skeletal Sorcerers are attacking themselves in Engwithan Station
- (FIXED) Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff model disappears in combat
- (FIXED) Skeletal Enemies are not weak to Crush damage
- (FIXED) Engwithan Titan has very low deflection.
- (FIXED) LINUX - Character Creation appears when loading or re-entering Tikawara
- (FIXED) LINUX - Encounters do not disappear
- (FIXED) MAC - Game will no longer crash on launch