Game of Thrones Season 8

ktchong

Season 8 scripts have leaked.

Daenerys will die during childbirth in Dragonstone. She will die in the same place where she was born, under the same stormy condition.   She will never sit on the Iron Throne or even set foot in King's Landing.  

Most of her armies will be gone - wiped out by the Army of the Dead - when she retreats to Dragonstone.  She will have sent her last surviving dragon to to fight with Jon Snow, and Cersei's Golden Company will be invading Dragonstone while she was giving birth.

As she was dying, she will plead with Jorah Mormont to protect her newborn baby and deliver the baby to Jon Snow, which Jorah will promise to do so.  That is the whole purpose of Jorah's character and why he was in unrequisite love with her - because that love establishes his motivation to fulfill her last dying wish and protect her child.

Unfortunately, Jon Snow will also die in battle.

Jon Snow wil sacrifice himself to create a distraction or opportunity for Jamie to go near and kill the Night King, but Jamie himself will be mortally wounded in the same battle. In that way, Jamie's nickname as the "Kingslayer" will come to a full cycle: in the past he had hated people calling him as the Kingslayer as an insult; in the future people will call him the Kingslayer as a respect for sacrificing himself to kill the Night King and saving everyone.

Pretty much everyone will ****ing die in the next season, on the average of four major deaths in every episode.

Oops, sorry, spoilers alert.  Buahahahaha.

Edited by ktchong

There is but ONE question with regards to season 8: Will Winds of Winter be released before it airs.

My money says no.

Edit: The show is so divorced from it's source material and leaning so heavily on tired old TV tropes than none of that "spoiler" stuff is too improbable.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There is but ONE question with regards to season 8: Will Winds of Winter be released before it airs.

My money says no.

Winds of Winter will never release.
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

On one hand, realistically I'm with KP on the issue. We'll never see a GRRM written end to his series. The best we'll get is someone else finishing it for him (imagine for a moment the utter horror of Elio and Linda being allowed to do that).

On the other hand, buried beneath the cynic lies the hopeful guy who started reading the series two decades ago. The one who actually hopes against all reason that HBO pushed the final season back to not come into conflict with the book release schedule.

Oh, wait. He's submerging again... and gone. I'm not buying the book even if it does come out. FU, George.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The one who actually hopes against all reason that HBO pushed the final season back to not come into conflict with the book release schedule.

Wrong thread dude, this isn't the posting a funny thread.

Season 8 scripts have leaked.

Wrong thread dude, this isn't the posting a funny thread.

The show is better than the books anyways. :p

Honestly it is best not to take this stuff too seriously. It's fun fantasy, but it became pretty clear to me early on that GRR was never going to be able to wrap up all these narratives cleanly. 

• Like 1

Wait, two dragons are already dead?

Again, based on the spoilers:

During the Army of the Dead's attack on Winterfell, the Night King's dragon is burning and devastating the forces of the Alliance.  Dany won't ride a dragon because she will be "sick".    Bran will warg into a dragon to battle the Night King's dragon.  Meera will protect Bran in the Godswood while Bran is warging.  Either one or a group of White Walkers will somehow find their way into Godswood.  (Everyone else will either be fighting outside Winterfell or stay protected inside the Winterfell.)  A White Walker will kill Meera, but she will buy enough time for Bran's dragon to take down the Night King's dragon.  When a White Walker finally stabs Bran, Bran will die when his mind is inside the dragon, and his dragon will fall out of the sky.  When the dragon hits the ground, the wights will swarm and stab the dragon to death, killing both the dragon and Bran in it. 

The last surviving dragon (being riden by Jon) will burn the dead dragon's corpse to prevent the Night King  from raising another dragon from dead.  The Army of the Dead will retreat when the Night King's dragon is defeated and severely injured, (but not dead because it will reappear in the Battle of Eyrie.)   So the allied forces will decide to abandon Winterfell and split up: Dany will retreat to the Dragonstone (because they will have gotten the news that Cersei's Golden Company plan to invade and take Dragonstone, where Cersei thinks she will be safe from the Army of the Dead, but Jon  know they will need Dragonstone for more dragon glass.)  Sansa, Arya, Jamie, Brienna, and the rest will retreat to Eyrie where it is defensible.

This will be in the second episode.  So the second dragon will be gone in the second episode.   Tormund, Greyworm and Podrick will also die in this episode.  There may be more casualties I have missed and do not remember at the moment.

Arya will secretly split off from the group to Eyrie because she wants to kill Cersei (especially after Cersei betrays the alliance.)  The Hound will follow and accompany Arya to King's Landing.  The Hound will kill the Mountain and - being also the "little brother" in the Clegane family - Cersei.   For the second time, the dying Hound will beg Arya to give him a mercy death.  This time, Arya will grant him the gift and burn his body (because King's Landing is about to be overrun by undeads.)  This will happen later in the season.

Edited by ktchong

I can't believe it's been 7-ish years since I watched Season 1 so I could watch Sean Bean do what he does best.

Maybe once it's finished I'll try watching all of it over a month or something. Just not a series I could watch piecemeal, waiting for new seasons.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Honestly it is best not to take this stuff too seriously. It's fun fantasy, but it became pretty clear to me early on that GRR was never going to be able to wrap up all these narratives cleanly. 

Them is fightin' words!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It is true the show is better than the books though. From the third book on everything becomes more or less insufferable.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Them is fightin' words!

Dang. Lots of bad takes. Yours is clearly the most rational.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle