General Celebrity deaths

smjjames

On 4/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, ShadySands said:

Brian Dennehy

The Fink

The Fink?  Not a movie title he was in - a character nickname?

At any rate, RIP.  Loved him in the 80's.  Silverado especially but also Best Seller and F/X (those weren't the best movies, but still entertaining).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...

Fred Willard, :(.

• Sad 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bugarup said:

:(

<Once upon a time in America>

RIP Ennio Morricone. My favourite movie music maker 😢

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Horror film historian Ted Newsom.  Maybe not a name you recognize, but he did a number of documentaries on horror films (like 100 Years of Horror, Flesh and Blood: The Hammer Heritage of Horror, Ed Wood: Look Back in Angora) he also wrote and directed the send-up of 50s sci-fi The Naked Monster (aka Attack of the B-Movie Monster).  He assisted with a number of other film documentaries providing facts or footage (not always horror related, as he had a lot of information on Hollywood films), contributed to the release of a number of sountracks by late composer Ronald Stein (he did the liner notes for The Haunted Palace/Premature Burial disc amid others) and recorded commentaries on a number of film releases over the years (like The Devil Bat, Day the Earth Caught Fire and Quatermass II).  As an actor he appeared in a number of bit roles usually for low budget exploitation type films.

Probably his biggest flirtation with mainstream success is scriptwork he did for the 80s iteration of Spider-Man, when Golan-Globus had the rights at the time (which eventually went to MGM when they bought Cannon films and later were traded to Sony) and was a part of the long and tortuous route for that character to get to the screen in 2002.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man