General Celebrity deaths

smjjames

4 hours ago, Amentep said:

RIP Olivia de Havilland

How many Golden Age stars are left, I wonder?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Off the top of my head, Norman Lloyd, Jane Withers, June Lockhart  Nehemiah Persoff, Rhonda Flemming, Angela Lansbury, and Eva Marie Saint all started in the Golden Age / pre-1960. I'm sure there are more, but not many, if any, as big as de Havilland

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wilford Brimley

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP to Ruby (of Ruby-Spears fame, and many Hanna-Barbera productions) and "Bullet" Bob. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Chadwick Boseman, 43 is way too early

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 7

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Apparently he had been battling colon cancer for 4 years. Mad lad still did Black Panther. I can't even think how hard it was to get into super hero shape while battling cancer. 

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

• 2 weeks later...

For that fantasy RIP... Terry Goodkind passed away yesterday.

"To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here, we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else’s. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we can have. Cherish it for what it truly is . . . Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.bad8cee906eccac92e6e8f2f48f188db.jpeg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell