What are the new items? Anyone care to share? I'm soon going to have to give up my mac, so I won't be playing the game until after Christmas at the very least so there's not much point in me getting the hefty patches. However I'm very curious if anyone else does install it (preferably with screenshots, if you want a big pat on the back).

Please and thankyou.

Welp, Ponamu Bird-Scorned doesn't appear to me.

- Loaded a save from playthrough #1 (with a party that wasn't to White March), and traveled to Anslog Compass.

- Loaded a save from playthrough #3 (with a party that was in WM), and traveled to Anslog Compass. Still nothing.

I guess I'll have to use console than:

Here are 3 unique items:

eqfvSse.png

NjV9lck.png

mJJvncl.png

Here are the 4 soulbounds:

j3iN3Mh.jpg

qxHRMD3.jpg

woPR0YJ.jpg

aaVKONz.jpg

And here are their upgrades:

iNPMtY3.jpg

SqQl89Q.jpg

wCA46eK.jpg

q8V5PT4.jpg

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 9

Welp, Ponamu Bird-Scorned doesn't appear to me.

- Loaded a save from playthrough #3 (with a party that was in WM), and traveled to Anslog Compass. Still nothing.

That's not the right spot. You'll meet him on the way to Ranga. ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow that arbalest looks insane on a ranger with vicious aim....

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

That's not the right spot. You'll meet him on the way to Ranga. ;)

I have cleared the fog via console afterwards. Still haven't seen him.

Or perhaps there is a trigger? 

Shouldn't there be 2 more uniforms?

There are 54 objectbundles with the px4_ prefix. Will check further tomorrow)

Thank you kindly, MaxQuest.

I think the Helmsman's Uniform is pretty insane. The only thing that offers that level of Deflection is of course the Cape of the Master Mystic, which means as a surrogate your cape slot is freed entirely - so you can use something that offers a high attribute boost (Mantle of the Excavator, Finreah's Grace, Shroud of Morning, etc.).

I'm not a big fan of % affliction chance per hit/crit weapons (as with both the Soulbound and non-Soulbound ones), I prefer guaranteed rolls on crit (We Toki, etc.) - but they still seem decent and pretty interesting, certainly not underpowered by any stretch. Someone should certainly think about slapping on all of Fulvano's stuff now.

The belt is good, but I can't see it surpassing the Looped Rope defensively. Still, with the hat too, I like the idea of some of these higher level attribute boni being concentrated on a single item - certainly frees up other slots without losing too much, particularly with the belt if you aren't too bothered about defensive boosts.

Good stuff, and thanks again!

• Like 1

MaxQuest, could you post the full item descriptions for each of the items? Or, if that's too much work for you, tell us the console commands to gain all those items?

I am already away from PC, typing from phone, so...

To add an item, use: addItem px4_principi_arbalest 1

To level it up: LevelUpSoulbind px4_principi_arbalest(Clone)

I don't remember the exact ids. But you can find them in: PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundles

all with px4_ prefix.

• Like 2

Ponamu Bird-Scorned has not appeared in my game, I have quite and restarted a few times since the update, I have rested in game, saved and loaded, etc., checked with the steward of Caed Nua, still nothing. I also now have graphical glitches I never had before 3.07.

I hope we figure out what is going on with this.

Out of curiosity, among those reading this comment did you enable telemetry or disable telemetry and why?

What is weird is the vendor sales me a helmsman, deckhand, and boatswain uniform and they all are -10 recovery and +20 reflex and deflection and all exceptional. I am loading a game where i am  level 10. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Edited by draego

Is he triggered by an event? WM Pt I is, so it wouldn't surprise me.

For my GOG copy after buying it, for $0, in the store I had to go to the game in Galaxy, click on DLC's to the right of "Play" and "more" and then check the "Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire Pack."

Then he showed up. Kind of weird I had to manually check that box, but he didn't show up until I did that.

• Like 2

The pirate uniforms look awesome (but it's strange they have less DR than a robe). However the arbalest has 50% reload penalty which IMO was not intended (because it's worse than Aedrin's Wrecker). The belt and the cap give both +2dex  and I'm also suspecting the idea was to cover all the stats and the cap should have got +2per instead.

• Like 2

If you look in the conversations folder there's some text that suggests you were originally meant to find these items in the world. There's a description of finding Fulvano's Blunderbuss behind the ear of a giant statue(presumably at the top of the Endless Paths), the sabre stuck in a tree in Gilded Vale(presumably THE tree) and your steward originally just gave you the soulbounds as presents from a foreign land or something.

Thinking about it some more, even if you wouldn't want to use the hat in the long-term it will be an incredibly useful item to have through most of the game - particularly on a lowish Resolve character who can easily trigger Confuse (which is an extremely powerful spell).

Thinking about it some more, even if you wouldn't want to use the hat in the long-term it will be an incredibly useful item to have through most of the game - particularly on a lowish Resolve character who can easily trigger Confuse (which is an extremely powerful spell).

Did you look at the fully unlocked version?

Yes I did, and even though the attribute scores are good, things like the Maegfolc Skull are still better. I suppose it's better for party over solo play, where you might want a teammate using something like the Maegfolc Skull - but if you're trying to optimise a character you'll probably still want to stack more of the +4 attribute booster items.

The pirate uniforms look awesome (but it's strange they have less DR than a robe). However the arbalest has 50% reload penalty which IMO was not intended (because it's worse than Aedrin's Wrecker). The belt and the cap give both +2dex  and I'm also suspecting the idea was to cover all the stats and the cap should have got +2per instead.

The reload penalty is for real?

I can not check this, since I'm away from my gaming PC, but that would suck.

Does it show in the description or did you find this by comparing it to Aedrin's?