Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

They've become obsessed with brown tones and soft focus lately. Enough already.
FF-15-0174.jpg

FF-15-0175.jpg

Wait now, just wait...that's too much color. Spell/weapon effects are great, but can't see a bloody thing. That's why you just hold R1 and circle....
FF-15-0176.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's a nice looking game, melkathi.

---------------

Now that you can swap characters, I can kill the turtle with Iggy! It's so much fun. Shortest time so far, 9 minutes. Fastest I saw someone do it with Noct. was around 4.5 minutes? Would have to get lucky to get below 7 minutes w/Iggy I think but dang, I didn't expect him to do even this well. Crazy.

EBF4GOj.jpg

kk7LsZh.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Where Prompto gets a bit "launcher happy", until Ignis gives him a lecture on gun safety.

ZK9nYQP.jpg

• Like 1

Someone explain HDR on smart-TV's and why it's good for games. Because I don't understand. I know it will vary a bit quality wise depending on TV/source methods all that etc and I can maybe see it more for films. But games...

In-game HDR setting Off, I fiddle with TV settings until I basically see this, only on the TV screen it looks better/more vivid of course, vs. a compressed .jpg. The main point, however, is that what I see on-TV fairly closely resembles what I also see if I take the screenshot or a video and it does so even when I copy it over on any other device.

FF-15-0184.jpg

FF-15-0185.jpg

But then you turn in-game HDR On, the smart TV detects a HDR source (I guess) and turns into "HDR mode" (which gives similar but different color preset options). If you leave all of those presets at default, game on TV horribly overblows all bright areas/light colors but will look ok in darker scenes or more evenly toned scenes. If you fiddle with all those presets forever, you can get what you see on the TV to mostly look like you want/normal, even those bright areas, but this is not reflected in screenshots/videos. It's horrid and thus seems pointless. So...I don't understand. I guess if you never take screenshots or videos you won't care but ... I'd rather have consistency across the board. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with all this "smart" TV crap. Pfft. *whatever, keeps HDR off in-game*

The really irritating thing about my particular TV/LG's firmware is it detects netflix as HDR as well (at least if it's a netflix "app") and then locks you out of your normal desired presets and gives you those other ones and ... you have no idea how many hours I've spent fiddling with all these bloody inputs/presets. TV's look pretty nice these days, but all this "Smart" stuff sucks.

FF-15-0186.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

L8D21g1.jpg

GnxyyOX.jpg

XDyNpBT.jpg

z1O7OEK.jpg

ldXfkiT.jpg

Mzp5tDC.jpg

Man, One of Many is such a cool character. Even if you're playing as a good character (which I am) it's an equally valid option to eat Okku just to have him... them in the party:

f6oAHQh.jpg

• Like 7
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Have you been sitting there thinking: "Man, it has been two days without melkathi posting any screenshots." ?

Have you been wondering how you will get through the last few days of this year without screenshots?

Do not worry!

Your dose of screenshots is here:

E82YjDu.jpg

smUL0dT.jpg

tP7YfXJ.jpg

VicYE2Q.jpg

pK1DwVN.jpg

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).