Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D:OS II

D:OSII

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8841 posts

Larian games are a trainwreck at release. Enhanced edition or bust.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8554 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I don't know about that, the game is plenty playable. The nice thing is there is quite a bit of replay value, so the second time you play you will get a smoother experience with some nice fixes.

• SadExchange, rjshae and Harry Easter like this

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I don't know about that, the game is plenty playable. The nice thing is there is quite a bit of replay value, so the second time you play you will get a smoother experience with some nice fixes.

I gotta agree with this as well.  For the complexity of the quests and their possible ways to complete them, I don't think this game launched that bad.  Honestly, there's games with 1/5 of the complexity that release with a good amount of bugs of their own and Larian has been pretty apt to release hotfixes and patches so far.  

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 794 posts

I believe I've put about 18+ hours in so far and am still on the first island.  I don't know if that's playing slow, but I am trying to complete all the quests I can, scour every inch of the map, etc.  After 18 hours, I will say, that I am constantly impressed by the level of detail in this game.  It astounds me how many different mechanics are running in the background and how smoothly the game plays.  It impresses me just how good this game looks from every angle and the amount of voice acting.  I will also agree with those on the forums who say that the story is good as well as it's definitely held my interest and even some of the side quests has been very interesting to play through not only due to the puzzles/combat, but also the addition that it gives the overall story and lore.  

I will also say that some of the quests left in my journal that seemed to be bugged have been fixed with the patch and I have not run across any game-breaking bugs, let alone any bugs that are hampering my game that I've noticed.  So far, with this much time in, I will say that this is a solid title and contender for Game of the Year.  It definitely seems like there is a lot of good press around the game which is great because this game deserves recognition.  Anyway, will stop gushing for now, but this is my party now, currently at level 7.  

PNpPW8y.jpg

• Hurlshot, Jozape, Harry Easter and 1 other like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 979 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Goty you say??? Wow! Even over Nier Automata, Hollow Knight and Sonic Mania??? :o

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4477 posts

I made my own multi class rogue aeromancer and it sortof works. The biggest problem being dependent attributes, if you are a rouge you are kinda stuck with daggers, otherwise you can't backstab. I had to sink a point into strength as well because all the leather armors are ugly.

A lot of classes benefit from tier one skills from other classes provided it's governed by the right attribute. More options is often more important than more damage. 

• SadExchange likes this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3758 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I prefer Classic Original Sin over Enhanced Original Sin, to be honest.

injurai

injurai

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1011 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Why is that?

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3758 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Why is that?

I don't like the changes they did to balance things and whatnot.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8841 posts

DOS:EE went down a lot in my estimation when it crashed during the final bossfight and I had to do go through that whole boring chore again.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4477 posts

I tend regard final boss fights as final. If they aren't interesting I'll just give up and let the game win. 

• injurai likes this

rjshae

rjshae

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4560 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have to say I'm enjoying D:OS2 more than I did D:OS. There's a bit of a Divine Divinity vibe to it and the game play keeps drawing me back. There's less goofiness and more of a heroic role-play feel this time around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users