Politics - Jason X

Amentep

Oh okay, I thought you meant that I was disagreeing with people who don't live in the states lol

A fellow Texan is always appreciated!

I remember Bush getting trashed alot because of the war, I felt like Obama was in some way a bit more popular, it "feels" like Trump's trashing is more visible because we are in the generation of memes which includes the whiners and the entitled persona. Social Media, YouTube liftoff also factors in much more to make causes sound much louder than they really are of course, so in this case the people who are sore losers can make their cries more dramatic.

I've only voted once so far in my life personally, after that I felt like nobody's voice really mattered. I mean, with everything in the hacking thing I guess that says I'm right.

I prefer to stay nuetral in the politics sides of things, I know many people hate that and try to force/impose a side because the more they get on their side, the better they feel about losing/winning but each side has dirt it seems.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think Leferd and Bruce were literally the only ones who expressed liking Hillary pre-election. Leferd I understood to a degree, Bruce...well, we all remember that, I'm sure.

Yeah, vast majority seemed to actually be anti both, and if they voted for one it was mostly a vote against the other. If it had been an Obsidian board election it probably would have been a close race between the Vermont Commie and Mr What's a lepo? for the winner.

I can only think of two pro Trump US people as well- WoD (and even he wavered) and Valsuelm (who has since disowned him).

There aren't many Hillary fans here and the ones I know of hardly ever post in here anymore. Most of the Trump supporters don't even post here anymore either.Honestly, a good chunk of the people in here aren't even from the US. These boards are pretty diverse and it's one of my favorite things about them, all the different perspectives

I think Leferd and Bruce were literally the only ones who expressed liking Hillary pre-election. Leferd I understood to a degree, Bruce...well, we all remember that, I'm sure.
Agiel and Enoch as well I believe. There may have been some who voter for her besides those, but before the conventions only those four were particularly #withher, and I may be wrong about Enoch.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why am I a **** rider? Because I disagreed with you on one/two political standpoints and challenged something?

No, I don't really care about that. Again, I'm not a Trump supporter and as hard as it may be for you and some others to believe, I don't really support alot of his actions but if it makes people feel better, I guess you can continue to falsely label me and resort to the usual troll behavior of name-calling before getting to know where I really stand.

Well based on previous posts, seems likely.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why am I a **** rider? Because I disagreed with you on one/two political standpoints and challenged something?

No, I don't really care about that. Again, I'm not a Trump supporter and as hard as it may be for you and some others to believe, I don't really support alot of his actions but if it makes people feel better, I guess you can continue to falsely label me and resort to the usual troll behavior of name-calling before getting to know where I really stand.

Precisely. Because I chose not to bash the president or his family that makes me a **** rider. I love forum logic. Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Precisely. Because I chose not to bash the president or his family that makes me a **** rider. I love forum logic.
you won't get anywhere of you spend brainpower defending your persona rather than the ideas you stand for

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Precisely. Because I chose not to bash the president or his family that makes me a **** rider. I love forum logic.

No, the whole "Leave Donnie alone" tone to your posts 3 pages back. Is funny reading people upset over the kneeling players or Curry not wanting to go to the White House, people always seem to get unreasonably irritated by people's protests.
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You won't get anywhere of you spend brainpower defending your persona rather than the ideas you stand for

That's just it. People attack the persona of the person who defy's them or simply has a different view. I can't defend my view, after all, defending my view = defending Trump.

No, the whole "Leave Donnie alone" tone to your posts 3 pages back. Is funny reading people upset over the kneeling players or Curry not wanting to go to the White House, people always seem to get unreasonably irritated by people's protests.

I see, thank you for your explanation. I understand, I get it.

I really don't mind protests in general, but I thought protesting at the gates of the white house was a bit much. I mean, it's a great way to get on the national news I guess.

Your view is that somehow fox is a cut above other networks, because they don't attack Trump in the manner that other networks do. In reality they galvanize behind the GOP, the Koch Brothers, and various other private interest groups, and with their party in Congress and a president right of the Dems they are certainly inclined to tow the line. Doing as little to worsen Trumps atrocious approval rating is directly in-line with their interests. Politics exist above the plane of decency, where expedience and opportunism is the first of many necessary sins. Like others have said, go back a year and the tone of conservative networks is drastically different. Personally I couldn't care less about getting the "right" perspective on world affairs at the end of each night, I'd rather diversify my sources of information and build a more comprehensive overview. After a while every network looks frantic, petty, and all undeserving of kowtowing to.

If you want to scrape the bottom of the barrel of liberals, it's not that hard to do. The sensationalists and reactionaries aren't going away, and after some time most people learn when not to waste a breath. It's not like they're silence is condoning substandard professionalism. If your issue is with people not meeting an ideal baseline of civility, then I'd hope you'd see the striking symmetry across people any way you cut it. When your focus is particularly positioned on the insufficiencies across the aisle, then people will take notice of this angle. First it's a sign of who is in your scope, second it's traces back where you might place yourself. There is plenty of valid criticisms the be thrown at Trump even if done so shrewdly, taking concerns with how the criticism is made and less the arguments all the while insisting you don't support those who you defend leaves you looking like an apologist. So why not just speak to the general issue of humanity, in some ways doing that is actually less effort then getting entangled with specifics?

• Like 1

I already gave my reason to why Fox news deserves my attention more than any other news channels. It's not even the fact that they don't bash Trump alone, it's also that they're smart enough to focus on stories that should be covered and spend more time on those stories than on Trump-hate. That seems more professional to me but of course they do mock the haters sometimes which makes them seem "unprofessional in that manner. So if the majority of people on this forum hate Trump, then naturally Fox will be one of the most "unreliable" networks because they don't cater to their desires or make them feel good by laughing with them on petty things.

And yes, about applying these natures in general. That's why I said plenty of times in past comments that my views weren't specifically for Trump or his family but I would be saying the same thing for anyone else. However, the view of "We don't care if he's the president, we'll disrespect him as any other family in America or even worse, a non-American if we ever so feel like it" is the irrationality that America as a people have adopted and that sides along with the entitlement mindset of this generation.

Ugh, look, something shiny to look at while we try again to murder people by taking away their healthcare. This is why Trump won - because everyone's looking at the wrong things he's doing.

That's a bad take. For one thing, most Americans care far more about sports than healthcare. If anything, we react more from out of apathy when they take away our entertainment.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh for Christ's sweet sake. They are not trying to take away anyone's healthcare because unless you are a disabled or retired veteran or federal employee, former President or Congressman they are not PROVIDING anyone with healthcare. All Obamacare did was limit who could sell insurance, what policies they could sell, and forced everyone to buy it and helped a few people do that by taxing the holy f--k out of other people. All of which caused the prices to go up unsurprisingly. 

There is enough bad stuff going on without adding to it things that are not happening. And all this new bill did was turn the administration of this hot mess over to the state governments. And it's moot anyway because McCain, Murkowski, Collins, etc won't vote for it because they hate Trump and take pleasure in foiling him and Rand Paul & Mike Lee won't vote for it because it's Obamacare in different clothes. 

Personally I am tickled to death with how things are going. Do you realize we are 9 months into Trumps administration and nothing has happened? Not a damn thing except a whole lot of noise over petty BS and a bunch of bad executive orders of Obama rolled back. I'm sorry to see the ACA is still a thing but nothing it was going to be replaced with did anything to improve on it's problems so that's a push. Congress is paralyzed by it's own intransigence, Trump is as incompetent as we thought and can't get out of his own way. The Democrats are continuing their self destruction. Heck, as long as Kim Jong In does not start a war I'd call this a win.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh for Christ's sweet sake. They are not trying to take away anyone's healthcare because unless you are a disabled or retired veteran or federal employee, former President or Congressman they are not PROVIDING anyone with healthcare. All Obamacare did was limit who could sell insurance, what policies they could sell, and forced everyone to buy it and helped a few people do that by taxing the holy f--k out of other people. All of which caused the prices to go up unsurprisingly. 

There is enough bad stuff going on without adding to it things that are not happening. And all this new bill did was turn the administration of this hot mess over to the state governments. And it's moot anyway because McCain, Murkowski, Collins, etc won't vote for it because they hate Trump and take pleasure in foiling him and Rand Paul & Mike Lee won't vote for it because it's Obamacare in different clothes. 

Personally I am tickled to death with how things are going. Do you realize we are 9 months into Trumps administration and nothing has happened? Not a damn thing except a whole lot of noise over petty BS and a bunch of bad executive orders of Obama rolled back. I'm sorry to see the ACA is still a thing but nothing it was going to be replaced with did anything to improve on it's problems so that's a push. Congress is paralyzed by it's own intransigence, Trump is as incompetent as we thought and can't get out of his own way. The Democrats are continuing their self destruction. Heck, as long as Kim Jong In does not start a war I'd call this a win.

Stick to sports.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The government that governs best governs least. While it is certainly not their intention to do nothing if that is the end result, I'll take it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ugh, look, something shiny to look at while we try again to murder people by taking away their healthcare. This is why Trump won - because everyone's looking at the wrong things he's doing.

That's a bad take. For one thing, most Americans care far more about sports than healthcare. If anything, we react more from out of apathy when they take away our entertainment.

So it's a bad take because everyone PREFERS looking at the wrong thing?

• Like 1

Well, let's be completely realistic here... it's always free-speech until someone gets offended, or at least that that's what people want to believe, where the SJW's come in (annoying people) but, in more serious matters there are certain lines which sane/mature people know shouldn't be crossed... too many cases where people do somethimg like give a verbal death threat and then claim "I didn't actually do it, I'm just using my freedom of speech" It's creepy that anyone would try to justify that juvenile behavior with "freedom of speech".

That goes for general public as well as the threats to assassinate the president, of course only to be followed days later with the usual "It was just a joke" or a similar response. There was a time when people had more respect but now everything is excusable or justifyable in the liberals' eyes by some form and as so, still doesn't make them right.

Liberals often get angry when I challenge them by asking "One day if you get a girlfriend or get married and have kids, will you let someone threaten the people you love? What if your loved one commits suicide because of it? I cant believe you would be okay with this." And they get very angry because their hypocrisy is then realized and then there's no way to really contest it. It's always okay to dish out that stuff, until the shoes are on the other foot. It's perhaps, something worth thinking about.

How far does one's freedom exclude one from the consequences of one's actions? The answer surely isn't "Well it's my freedom so I do what I want with it" Isn't that the crimminal mindset? What are your thoughts on that?