Politics - Jason X

Amentep

"abusing these freedoms"

'abusing these freedoms'.

You can't 'abuse' freedoms. The very idea is mindboggling.

The whole point of freedom is just that - freedom.

Of course, we don't truly live in a real 'free' world.

Not when we have schools banning JUMPING JACKS and a billion different laws for some absolutely ridiculous things. *cough* manspreading *cough* or  having kids stolen or threaten to be stolen from their parents over arbitray and asanine things like OMG 8 year old playing in backyard 'unsupervised'.

GTFO L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

there is a paper floating 'round the web, should be easy to find: bias in cable news: persuasion and polarization (am not 100% sure of title, but should be close)?  sorry, can't recall the author names save one were kinda unique with surname being japanese and given name being islamic... or perhaps we reverse.

*shrug*

in any event, the paper tracks the political skew o' cnn, fox and msnbc with particular emphasis on 2000 forward. unsurprising, the authors discovered viewers prefered news channels based largely on viewpoint agreement.  further conclusions is curious, and potential disturbing.  leaving those conclusions aside, (should read and decide for selves) the data makes clear how particular post 2004, fox took an intentional hard right resulting in significant increased viewership.  msnbc, which had previous been more conservative than cnn, responded to fox's conservative polarization by making a near equal and opposite shift to the political left, overt stating such polarization as part o' their 2010 advertising campaign with a slogan o' "lean forward." will no doubt disturb a few obsidian posters to be hearing how cnn stayed relative centrist, with only a slight skew left.  however, keep in mind the relevant data from the paper were frequent bounded by 2012, so the recent presidential campaign and trump presidency is unaccounted for when tracking cnn political skew.

regardless, is clear fox and msnbc had, by 2012, polarized news coverage to an extreme degree.  

in any event, a stated preference o' cnn, msnbc or fox would seem first and foremost to be a litmus test for determining the viewer's political leaning as 'posed to being a commentary on news coverage quality.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And now you've spewed three more paragraphs white knighting for the President of the United States of all people. Let him take it like a man and stop defending his honor on an obscure videogame forum with maybe 3 or 4 Clinton supporters.

But you disregarded the following comment which I purposely seperated given that this might be the reaction, quite proves my point well...

Thanks.

Yes, I spewed... everything I say is irrelevant and worthless since I didn't side with your views. Forum logic. I'm going to guess you didn't bother to read either comment as you already made up your mind about lil old me.

"abusing these freedoms"

'abusing these freedoms'.

You can't 'abuse' freedoms. The very idea is mindboggling.

The whole point of freedom is just that - freedom.

Of course, we don't truly live in a real 'free' world.

Not when we have schools banning JUMPING JACKS and a billion different laws for some absolutely ridiculous things. *cough* manspreading *cough* or having kids stolen or threaten to be stolen from their parents over arbitray and asanine things like OMG 8 year old playing in backyard 'unsupervised'.

GTFO L0L

You can't abuse freedoms? Uggghhh... Please tell me you're not serious.

So you believe freedom should be abused by the people just because it is granted them? Freedom is a privilage, I think the fact that Americans deny this is the reason why we are where we are.

Now that Americans are known for their false sense of entitlement and tenacious tackiness, we have people like islam extremists who are coming over and borrowing the "Freedom of religeon" thing. This is serious stuff, it's not a joke.

https://youtu.be/wKdP_zTRY5o

Of course some people try to excuse abusing their freedoms by saying "It is my feedom all along and since it's mine I will does do with it as I choose" but that couldn't be further from the truth. Just because you were gifted freedom, doesn't give anyone the right to use it in negative space or to hurt people. When hate-speech is called freedom of speech that person looks stupid.

The SJW's hate what I'm saying here, I've argued with a few of them on this topic in the past. When I ask "Does freedom of speech offend you?" They get angry because I tell them Freedom of Speech differs from hate-speech. The day a threat to kill someone is freedom of speech and not abusive behavior or a case you can press against then trust me I'll come back and say I was wrong, gladly :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

But you disregarded the following comment which I purposely seperated given that this might be the reaction, quite proves my point well...

I posted that before I read your comment, and frankly it's more uninspired navel gazing that can't see beyond a Trump v Clinton conflict. There were maybe 4 confirmed Clinton voters in these threads and I wasn't one of them. The idea that everyone who dislikes Trump itt is a butthurt clinton supporter with #theresistance is false and quickly dispelled by looking through the old threads or bothering to critically read posts.

Yes, I spewed... everything I say is irrelevant and worthless since I didn't side with your views. Forum logic. I'm going to guess you didn't bother to read either comment as you already made up your mind about lil old me.

Well it has more to do with you being an illiterate reprobate, but whatever you need to tell yourself fam.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I posted that before I read your comment, and frankly it's more uninspired navel gazing that can't see beyond a Trump v Clinton conflict. There were maybe 4 confirmed Clinton voters in these threads and I wasn't one of them. The idea that everyone who dislikes Trump itt is a butthurt clinton supporter with #theresistance is false and quickly dispelled by looking through the old threads or bothering to critically read posts.

Well it has more to do with you being an illiterate reprobate, but whatever you need to tell yourself fam.
Hmmm...I'll say this. We all know that Trump has issues, we all know that he doesn't handle some things the best way, he may get overboard and mess things up but at least he's blunt and honest. If anyone is asking me to attack him and his family for your pleasure then I'm sorry that's something I won't get involved with. Like I said before, he won, not much else the hate train can do except whine for the rest of the term or terms, what good does the ranting do?

It goes far beyond Trump, if it was any family getting constantly attacked on social media or the news I'd dtill be here saying the same thing. It's just the fact that it's the president that disgusts me even moreso. It should disgust everyone equally but that is just my opinion. I feel like even of Trump did something great, it wouldn't be accepted at this point.

Edit: Cutting comment shorter and spelling sucks, my English is horrible. Sorry!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Hmmm...I'll say this. We all know that Trump has issues, we all know that he doesn't handle some things the best way, he may get overboard and mess things up but at least he's blunt and honest. (emphasis added)

"i call it truthful hyperbole."-- d. trump, art of the deal

is what trump calls it when he indulges in p.t. barnum flimflammery.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/12/donald-trumps-war-against-facts.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/?utm_term=.e1432ecab482

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91512-alternative-facts/?p=1900274

the alternative facts, truthful hyperbole, and outright lies, w/o any care for consequences or ethical standards, is one o' our biggest concerns regarding the Chief Fabulist occupying the oval office.

"honest"?  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Funny how Kim Jong-un used the word "dotard", I think I've only ever seen that word used by Saruman in Lord of the Rings.

'Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the dogs? Too long have they escaped the gibbet themselves. But the noose comes, slow in the drawing, tight and hard in the end. Hang if you will!'
  • Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

*Cut content*

I would expect no less from the one who created the "Alternative facts" thread but I would like you to listen to this....

https://youtu.be/lDUB2J3RVHk

You may learn a thing or two...

*Cut content*

I would expect no less from the one who created the "Alternative facts" thread but I would like you to listen to this....

"Making up stuff is such fun, for office I should really run
"Then everything I say will be gospel truth and more
"Now that I really know that truth should truly get the axe
"From now on it’s alternative facts."

you do realize professor destler were mocking kellyanne conway, (and by extension, the trump administration) yes?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

*Cut content*

I would expect no less from the one who created the "Alternative facts" thread but I would like you to listen to this....https://youtu.be/lDUB2J3RVHk

you do realize professor destler were mocking kellyanne conway, (and by extension, the trump administration) yes?

HA! Good Fun!

Yes, of course! But you did learn the lyrics :)

*Cut content*

I would expect no less from the one who created the "Alternative facts" thread but I would like you to listen to this....(video)

HA! Good Fun!

Yes, of course! But you did learn the lyrics :)

you have linked twice now, in two separate threads.  have an excellent memory, so no need to go all rule-of-three 'pon us, but seeing as how you clear misunderstood professor destler's sarcasm the first time you linked, am gonna guess you were equal befuddled this time.

didn't wanna embarrass you when you posted previous, but...

oh well.  

regardless, am thinking you now should understand how the song is ridiculing the notion o' alternative facts, even if you will continue to refuse admission o' error.

HA! Good Fun!

ps 'course if you purposeful set self up as an alternative facts punching bag simple to get to this point, then we applaud the patience.  go through a whole feigned defense o' trump honesty to then purposeful post a linked video, media which undercuts your espoused position, so as to make self the object lesson o' alternative facts befuddlement?  get you points for subtlety. 

Edited by Gromnir

*Cut content*

I didn't forget, I just didn't know if you actually listened to it. I'm well aware of the fact that I linked it in your thread lol So no I'm not embaressed. I simply thought it was worth linking to twice.. Just like you thought repeating the same stuff in two different threads was worth it to prove your point. Are you embaressed that you repeat yourself on other threads? Why should any different apply to me?

No, I don't think you get it. I'm well aware of the fact that it was sarcasm, the fact that it was worked against it. You didn't get my point for posting it... The fact that people like you are willing to overexagerrate the claims and make something small into something big. Puns, jokes, it's a good song with a good melody but you, like all the others are comfused into thinking that I'm for Trump even though I didn't vote for him.

On a more serious note, why is lying about lying a thing? I don't get it...I guess I worded it wrongly when I first said "honest", after all I agree with you that every politic is somewhat dishonest. I should rephrase to say "He's a bit more honest than the rest" but I already know this won't satisfy you, who am I kidding?

Again, never refused to acknowledge that Trump did anything wrong (plenty of evidence already in my prior comments to support the opposite) but alas, her we are again, with you assuming things, puting words in my mouth again, twisting and manipulating my words. Are you going to try to tell me that I don't know my own heritage again? This should be good..

Edited by SonicMage117

don't care if you voted for trump.  irrelevant. you are defending trump honesty (relative honesty?  *chuckle*) here as you were defending an alternative definition o' alternative facts in the other thread.

this is insane.  you are the turin horse and Gromnir is the guy with the whip when we should be nietzsche. see the poor beast founder in the mud and we keep swinging the whip.

nietzsche_and_the_horse_600.jpg

there, there... easy boy.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

Ah. But how do you know that the song, rather than mockery, is not a lament of the fact that "a falsehood repeated often enough becomes truth"?

He could be congratulating Kellyanne Conway (and her boss) on her mastery of mass psychology...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

don't care if you voted for trump.  irrelevant. you are defending trump honesty (relative honesty?  *chuckle*) here as you were defending an alternative definition o' alternative facts in the other thread.

this is insane.  you are the turin horse and Gromnir is the guy with the whip when we should be nietzsche. see the poor beast wallowing in the mud and we keep swinging the whip.

HA! Good Fun!

Ah... Nevermind, just read your profile. Explains alot, sorry I argued with you. You do have my pity and deepest sympathies, really. Sorry, have a nice night.

Btw, you compared me to a horse and you had a pony huh? That makes me feel special :) Thanks! In Gromnir's world that must be a compliment hehe

A bunch of high level Catalan government officials have also been arrested and charged with sedition, contempt of court, malfeasance and embezzlement. People have started taking to the streets. I'm guessing the first outbreaks of street violence are imminent, and likely inevitable on 10/1 when the actual referendum is scheduled.

Fun times.

Stay safe out there. :thumbsup:

Ah. But how do you know that the song, rather than mockery, is not a lament of the fact that "a falsehood repeated often enough becomes truth"?

He could be congratulating Kellyanne Conway (and her boss) on her mastery of mass psychology...

yeah.  we shoulda' corrected sm# the first time he misused the video link in the alternative facts thread.  coulda' pointed out how the lyrics o' the song were not meant to be taken literal as the professor clear intended his song as a sardonic criticism o' deceit.  the obvious sm# misapprehension woulda' been ended with a mild correction. instead, we indulge in horse whipping.  bad on us.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

yeah. we shoulda' corrected sm# the first time he misused the video link in the alternative facts thread. coulda' pointed out how the lyrics o' the song were not meant to be taken literal as the professor clear intended his song as a sardonic criticism o' deceit. the obvious sm# misapprehension woulda' been ended with a mild correction. instead, we indulge in horse whipping. bad on us.

HA! Good Fun!

Sigh... you still don't get it. I didn't misuse the link the first time, why do you continue to convince yourself as if I did?

Not sure how many times I can say it but please stop trying to act like you know more about me than I know about myself, it's very creepy. By now I realize you're one of those guys who say "No, I'll tell you what you meant with your comment". All logical rational gets thrown out of the window when you're on the forums.

This is like beating a dead horse... ;)

Edited by SonicMage117

of course you didn't misuse a song which complete rejects the point you were making each time you posted.  

HA! Good Fun!

of course you didn't misuse a song which complete rejects the point you were making each time you posted.

HA! Good Fun!

Sigh... another thread which I have to spell it out for you. I was being sarcastic as the song was being sarcastic. I thought you'd pick this up by now, seeing how much we have talked but... You are Gromnir after all heh.

Whatever you say man, I'll just leave you be with that logic and choose to respect my elders.

Edited by SonicMage117

Funny how Kim Jong-un used the word "dotard", I think I've only ever seen that word used by Saruman in Lord of the Rings.

'Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the dogs? Too long have they escaped the gibbet themselves. But the noose comes, slow in the drawing, tight and hard in the end. Hang if you will!'

I saw dotard on Google Trends and had to look it up

Free games updated 3/4/21

It is always entertaining when two posters who always need the last word get into it. :)

I really don't care about having the last word. I even genuinely apologized last night. I was hoping it would end there but we all know that Gromnir just doesn't know when to stop, when he's infuriated, he just keeps going, even if I leave, he'll keep nearly obsessing over me by talking about me in other comments as he has shown before.

I just really dont like when people twist things or try to tell me what I meant with my own comments "You DID mean this" or "He meant this". I've said plenty of times my intentions but somehow that's utterly disregarded for the sake of looking like the superior or having ammo against the other person. Also love how Gromnir calls me out on the very things he is guilty for... repeating himself tirelessly, posting irrelevant pics multiple times. It's always a funny thing to witness forum behaviors like this. Hopefully now it will all just finally die down as I have only ever been respectful to him.

Edited by SonicMage117

I saw dotard on Google Trends and had to look it up

am kinda surprised by how many folks has mentioned similar.  were an article at cnn (perhaps) explaining dotard. didn't realize we were being so archaic when referencing our dotage or being a dotard.  

quick search reveals we used "dotage" on these boards as recent as june 2017.  color us embarrassed.

HA! Good Fun!

ps unnecessary clarification: Gromnir is not a kim jong un alt. honest.  (feel free to imagine the addition o' a shifty-eyed smiley here)

Edited by Gromnir