The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Oh I see, were pissing over percentages. Ok, we'll use your handwavium numbers; 25% kids, 20% cray, and some undefined "large number" of disabled and controlled substances abusers. Its that mysterious last number which I refer to as being in that situation by their own design. And its totally okay with me that my ability to feel the worlds pain is lower than yours. :yes:

is no reason for "pissing" from us.  as we said before, is up to you to decide if you will help those in need in spite o' those who will take advantage. you may likewise ignore those blameless needy 'cause o' your soused layabouts potential living it up *snort* off of gifted's potential charity. like or not, the US does focus 'pon self-reliance means charity is less 'bout taxes and more 'bout the voluntary.  you choose as your conscience dictates.

only thing we genuine were even a smidge annoyed with were gifted's victim ploy... which he has thankful now abandoned.  great.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Now, a country that wants the government to do something about the homeless and proceeding to vote Trump into office, THAT's ironic.

Don't blame me. I voted for Johnson. Oh, and thanks a lot. Now I'll be humming that song all day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

is no reason for "pissing" from us.  as we said before, is up to you to decide if you will help those in need in spite o' those who will take advantage. you may likewise ignore those blameless needy 'cause o' your soused layabouts potential living it up *snort* off of gifted's potential charity. like or not, the US does focus 'pon self-reliance means charity is less 'bout taxes and more 'bout the voluntary.  you choose as your conscience dictates.

only thing we genuine were even a smidge annoyed with were gifted's victim ploy... which he has thankful now abandoned.  great.

HA! Good Fun!

Its going to be ok Gromnir, I see your words and I validate your feelings. *patpat* Now you have created an entire narrative that exists only in your head. Please try to address what I actually say, and not what you imagine in my posts.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/outintheopen/stranger-in-your-own-land-1.4407020/how-it-feels-to-be-a-gun-lover-in-canada-1.4407293

Canadian gun owner feeling victimized

"If you look at it — and you may say it's a facile argument — the gays came out of the closet, we went in. We hid ourselves. And just as the gay community should be out in public, and they are now, we should too because we're all just people. Different interests; different backgrounds; different experiences and that's a good thing in Canada."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

HA! Good Fun!

Its going to be ok Gromnir, I see your words and I validate your feelings. *patpat* Now you have created an entire narrative that exists only in your head. Please try to address what I actually say, and not what you imagine in my posts.

but you don't like having what you say addressed... not that am surprised.  

*chuckle*

the real victim here is not the homeless, but is gifted?  what a tragedy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz....there you go lil scamp, theres a string of letters for you to run off an make up any reply that suits your delusions. :thumbsup:

is as insightful and relevant as any o' your recent posts. not see how this one is different from the last.  maybe if you yet again bleat the same complaint with slight different words it will be transformative?  good luck with that.

HA! Good Fun!

I think the reasoning is rather than wash our hands after saying "it's their own damn fault", you try to symptathize with "why?" - but perhaps that asking too much?

Surprised it's gone beyond this post. Well ok, not really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think the reasoning is rather than wash our hands after saying "it's their own damn fault", you try to symptathize with "why?" - but perhaps that asking too much?

Surprised it's gone beyond this post. Well ok, not really.

in the US we kinda make the questions and the solutions more 'bout individual choice.  as shady observed, he helps folks get groceries.  Gromnir volunteers at local catholic charities.  others have indeed adopted a "wash our hands" approach and decided the majority o' homeless don't deserve help.  everybody is different and is difficult to discuss as obvious is emotional charged for a few folks... see their integrity challenged or somesuch.

place questions and solutions in the hands o' individuals is not the most efficient way to deal with a problem which affects more than simple the homeless. san diego recent had an outbreak o' hepatitis which were linked to homeless folks and predictable hygiene issues.  nevertheless, for all the problems o' leaving such widespread issues to largely to individual/private means, such an approach is the kinda thing gd and the founding fathers would likely approve. 

HA! Good Fun!

The following is, mathematically, simply true:

1+2+3+4+...=-(1/12)

That doesn’t make sense. At all. Why a specific number? Why a small one? Most importantly, why a negative one???

But it is true

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_%2B_2_%2B_3_%2B_4_%2B_%E2%8B%AF

Think about the philosophical implications.

Seriously.

Descartes once claimed that an evil demon could make me believe that 1+1=3. I always thought that was a bit of a stretch. Apparently not. Turns out we actually can’t know, or at least understand, anything.

A devil makes a bet for your soul that 1+1=3. Math tells us differently and we take the bet. The devil then takes 1 man and 1 woman and has them have sex and now has a child and now the family is 3 and a pit opens up and hell swallows us.

Matt Lauer from NBC was fired. Why? Sexual misconduct. http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/media/matt-lauer/index.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Thomas Sowell

Professor once related a tale of him and his wife watching Enemy of the State, he got excited when Hackman's character put the bugs in the chip bag as it created an infinitely conducting surface. So he told his wife that and her response was "God damn it, shut up Ravi" :lol:  Wish I remembered the theory behind that though.

Thomas Sowell

Why you never play 'sex games'