Not sure what Mike means by shooting for Wenesday for extra specialness. Maybe more time to work on it.

The look on Josh's face says it all :)

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/165191293231/hi-josh-i-was-wodnering-if-all-companions-will

Edér uses no subclasses, nor does Aloth.  Xoti is a priestess of Gaun (a variant of the Eothas priest subclass) and a Sister of the Reaping Moon monk.  Serafen is a base class barbarian and Wild Mind (self-taught) cipher.  Maia is a Gunhawk ranger.  Pallegina is a paladin of the Frermàs mes Canc Suolias (though in some Pillars 1 endings she became a Kind Wayfarer).  Tekēhu is a Watershaper druid and Storm Speaker chanter.

Ydwin is currently a base cipher and/or base rogue, but two of the other sidekicks do have subclasses.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Watershaper druid and Stormspeaker chanter for Tekehu.... This seems to reinforce Tekehu being an Ondra godlike different from the Moon godlike, but storms aren't in Ondra's, or anybodys, portfolio and the closest would be Rymrgand because generic 'natural disasters'. Hylea is a sky goddess, but her portfolio doesn't indicate any sort of weather association.

When you break your promise to her (for the decision you make at endgame), her wrath is straight out of Alfred Hitch****'s The Birds though, not storms.

Injurai does have a point though in that Tekehu's godlikeness doesn't neccesarily correlate to his subclass. More likely it's connected to his culture and background, similar to Pallegina.

edit: lol, the forum blocked out part of Alfreds last name.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 3

Watershaper druid and Stormspeaker chanter for Tekehu.... This seems to reinforce Tekehu being an Ondra godlike different from the Moon godlike, but storms aren't in Ondra's, or anybodys, portfolio and the closest would be Rymrgand because generic 'natural disasters'. Hylea is a sky goddess, but her portfolio doesn't indicate any sort of weather association.

Odrna has domain over sea storms.  If you piss her off in PE:

The oceans proved no safer. A barrage of squalls pounded the harbors along the Dyrwoodan coast for months, sending many ships to be forever lost in the depths of Ondra's domain, either mourned or forgotten- both to the Lady's liking.

Yeah, I suppose she could throw a Cat5 hurricane on steroids at something she wanted to take her wrath out on.

Perhaps in Eora, storms and weather aren't covered by any specific god. Weather phenomenons are generally in whatever the god/desses domain is, winter storms would be Rymrgand, sea storms and storms coming off the sea would be Ondra, people could pray to Gaun (Eotha's harvest god persona) for rains to have a bountiful harvest, and maybe Hylea gets whatever is left over. Or perhaps Ondra defaults to being the rain goddess.

Either way, Tekehu's background and stuff will be interesting.

Edited by smjjames

Standing near gunpowder barrels is apparently a bad idea when they explode. Doesn't say what triggered them to explode though: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/907399470412734464

and apparently the doge icon is their 'missing status effect' icon: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/907408683302129665

Edited by smjjames

Turns out Arkemyr has a primary source, whatever that is:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/907427420805857280

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Turns out Arkemyr has a primary source, whatever that is:

He is the primary source. You know like Pythagoras if he was still alive. What amuses Josh is that from the perspective of a historian Arkemyr is nothing but living source material. At least that's how I understood it. My english is not that good.

---

We're all doomed

Wednesday is when it comes out huh?  Handy for me, as I am off to a field on Thursday till Monday, so got something to watch before I go. :)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Standing near gunpowder barrels is apparently a bad idea when they explode. Doesn't say what triggered them to explode though: https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/907399470412734464

Looking at the log, would anyone else prefer something like?:

Gunpowder Barrel activates Gunpowder Explosion.

Gunpowder Explosion hits The Devil for x damage and knocked her out.

Gunpowder Explosion hits Eder for x damage and knocked him out.

Gunpowder Explosion crits Brine Imp for x damage and kills it.

Or if pronouns are a problem:

Gunpowder Explosion hits for x damage and knocks out The Devil.

Gunpowder Explosion hits for x damage and knocks out Eder.

Gunpowder Explosion crits for x damage and kills Brine Imp.

I mean: I'd like to see at a glance the damage that knocked down my party members.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Looking at the log, would anyone else prefer something like?:

Gunpowder Explosion hits The Devil for x damage and knocked her out.

Gunpowder Explosion hits Eder for x damage and knocked him out.

Gunpowder Explosion crits Brine Imp for x damage and kills it.

Or if pronouns are a problem:

Gunpowder Explosion hits for x damage and knocks out The Devil.

Gunpowder Explosion hits for x damage and knocks out Eder.

Gunpowder Explosion crits for x damage and kills Brine Imp.

I mean: I'd like to see at a glance the damage that knocked down my party members.

It depends on whether the explosion does a determined amount of damage or acts as an insta-kill, I guess?

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Well this is a busy week for me, so better to not be thinking about the big 4 0.

Also I agree with Josh on the value of the polytendril approach to game development, Pillars has a strong cohesion about it that I love. The series certainly benefited by being grounded in that. It makes sense for an expanded vision to delegate more because of the increased scope but also the team is more up to speed on what Pillars is.

• Like 2

The question we have been waiting for. So Josh, are you bad at your job?  https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/165266327406/hey-josh-do-you-think-you-wearing-too-many-hats  :)

If Josh being bad at his job gave us Pillars I can only hope he gets worse ;)

the guy on the project who don't read fiction and actual prefers Tolkien's silmarillion to hobbit and lotr is the narrative lead?

am surprised they ain't found the one guy in the building who thinks music other than polka is lame and made him music director. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)