Wizards having more than three is definetly new, at least to me and pretty sure most of the rest of the forum.

I get why Paladins and Priests have multiple so as to accommodate the gods and orders, but not really seeing it for wizard. In PoE1, there are the archwizards and their followers and adherents, but there isn't anything that could be called a 'school' of magic or elemental magic.

Unless there's a bunch of isolated schools of magic in the Deadfire which you could join. I guess we might find out with the update on multiclassing and subclasses.

Necromancer seems like a possibility. Reanimating corpses, causing flesh to rot, drawing upon our darkest fears, sacrificing ones allies, drain blood, poison, sicken, shatter bones, &c.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Like DexGames said before me while I was fiddling with this post, the Barbarian/Priest multiclass title is Shaman, so if there is Druid subclass along those lines it'll probably have a different name (Witch Doctor, maybe?) unless they swap out the multiclass title for something else later. A druid subclass along the lines of the skin-changers/wargs from A Song of Ice and Fire, which exchanged spiritshift for the ability to possess beasts and maybe primordials might be interesting, and I wouldn't object to a druid subclass based on the practices and philosophies of the Ethik Nol (https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Ethik_N%C3%B4l); I'm sure a Corpse-Eater Barbarian/Ethik Nol Druid watcher would make friends all over.

Edited by blotter

I know from one of the Q&A Session (I believe the one with Bobby Null), One of the Druid's Subclass is 

focused on Shapeshifting. Someone asked Josh a question, he was saying something like that :

"Druid's Shapeshifting didn't last long enough (for his taste), in Pillars 1 & would like to know if Devs were planning something regarding this situation."

Josh replied what I've noted above. So Spiritshift Focused Subclass, apparently it allows you to stay in that form indefinitely during Combat.

I think that will be a really cool Subclass, especialy if it gains abilities related to it (Leaps & Stuff...), maybe à la Kills-In-Shadows :grin:, but I doubt it...

Off-Subject : What does Josh mean in this tweet ?

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/905586203877031937

(Not Native English) I don't get the sense.

& Enjoy this one : https://www.instagram.com/p/BYt1WsLlHnY/

(A Ship Type, Spirit-bound Mace (I guess) & Scripted Interaction stuff)

:yes:

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT : About Shapeshifting Subclass :

Q&A N°5 with Kaz Aruga - 36:04.

Edited by DexGames

Banana for scale. Also awesome soulbound and awesome art. Is this the first time we meet Lindsay? New and improved scripted interactions is going to be a game changer.

^ as for what that tweet means? No real clue. '>' sometimes means 'to' so maybe he's referring to tables that map 'reactivity' from Pillars1 to Deadfire.

• Like 1

To me, ">" means : This "Superior to" That (This > That)

But yeah, it makes no sense to me that Reactivy from "Pillars 1 > Pillars 2", that's why I asked  :p

I guess he meant the other way around, most likely Pillars 2's Reactivity will be way superior than Pillars 1.  :shrugz:

Edited by DexGames

It means "greater than" here too, just it's sometimes used as an arrow signifying progression. Though it's typically better to include a tail like "->" but isn't always done.

It could be referring to the Pillars 1 reactivity tables being larger, which means Deadfire's are still in the works or Pillars 1 was using a more cumbersome and less efficient system which is making his eyes hurt.

But who really knows...

As for the gif, theres no sound associated with it. He does that 'current mood' stuff on occasion. I guess just frustrated, tired, and tired eyes, dunno.

re instagram video: Is it me or does that ship look way too narrow for it's length? It should be like double that width.

Ok I get what you mean,

For the Ship, I believe it's a SPEEDSTER !!!  :lol:

Seriously though, at some point they said Ships will have their own Mechanics I think, like Maneuverability, Resistance, Fire Power, Etc...

So, it looks like a Speedy Ship to me  :)

Edited by DexGames

ENJOY ! :)

https://soundcloud.com/usgamernet/axe-of-the-blood-god-120-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-with-obsidians-josh-sawyer

PS : Starts around 18:40, Multiclassing, Companions Relationship, Ship Mechanics, Map (Size Hints), etc.

The most interesting new information there is that Sawyer hasn't read Lord of Light.  (And that somebody, having been briefed on the story for Deadfire, immediately recommended it to him.)

Josh, you should read that book.  It's good.

one wonders if eothas is standing in for brahma/kali, nirriti, or perhaps even sam.

more than a few parallels 'tween the book and poe lore.  considering how involved josh is with the lore o' poe, am actual a bit surprised he hasn't read lord of light.

HA! Good Fun!

Maybe he only peeked at the "script" for Argo.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I think he meant the reactivity tables that determine all the stuff which you carry over from PoE 1 to Deadfire.

Remember that a lot of decisions that you made on PoE1 are supposed to influence things in Deadfire. I guess that's what "PoE > Deadfire" is supposed to mean.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Maybe a schooner or a carrack or a brigantine or one of those slim and fast ship types.

What I heard was "dhow", although it looks very large for such a craft. Maybe it's just a "we need size X to allow for boarding combat" type of thing?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

As for the gif, theres no sound associated with it. He does that 'current mood' stuff on occasion. I guess just frustrated, tired, and tired eyes, dunno.

re instagram video: Is it me or does that ship look way too narrow for it's length? It should be like double that width.

It's worth considering that the image did seem to be stretched horizontally. Look at the portraits for comparison, for example.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I like heavy metal but I really don't listen to it. But I love when things are themed after it. Like Mad Max Fury Road or Doom.

I doubt we'll see any heavy metal in Eora. Maybe we'll get some 1st wave ska steel drum dubbed out vibes in Deadfire...

Maybe we'll see some gamelan?

Let's hope so! :D

This is really really cool, thanks!

Glad you enjoyed! That album, Golden Rain, is really good, worth checking out. Also worth looking for in terms of more modern gamelan-style stuff is Geinoh Yamashirogumi, the guys who did the soundtrack for Akira. This is simply superb:

"Golden Rain" sounds familiar :sorcerer: ... Not the best name for the album!

• Like 1

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Maybe a schooner or a carrack or a brigantine or one of those slim and fast ship types.

What I heard was "dhow", although it looks very large for such a craft. Maybe it's just a "we need size X to allow for boarding combat" type of thing?

A dhow would make sense. Given that Rauatai has Polynesian and Asian influences and the Huana have similar influences, they'd have ships which are more Polynesian/Asian based rather than European.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

A dhow would make sense. Given that Rauatai has Polynesian and Asian influences and the Huana have similar influences, they'd have ships which are more Polynesian/Asian based rather than European.

gotta be careful how much one chooses to extrapolate from developer claims o' inspiration and influence.  setting o' first poe game were 'posed to be much influenced by north american colonial.  one could see influences o' american colonial if one were looking and knew the espoused influences and inspirations, but there were at least as much 'bout defiance bay which were clear Not american colonial as there were. 

examples o' inspiration and influence will be tidal-- will come and go.

in any event, am expecting graphic and gameplay considerations will be the most significant deciding factors regarding ship design. ships will need be shaped and designed to accommodate the kinda squad-based, tactical combat battles the game engine makes possible.  if such don't work cultural or historical, then am suspecting cultural and historical is gonna need surrender to practical and economical.

given the nautical theme, am simple embracing our inner captain obvious.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)