Easy-to-implement ideas

I have saw a few requests that does not look too complicated (i may be wrong) to implement, so it may be a good idea to put them all together, so the devs can read them and discard them more easily :lol: maybe there are a few that actually a lot of people want.

-Edit the diary and details of the progression of the missions. These are supposed to be write by the watcher, so it have sense. In one play-throw on PoE i choose to be a scientist, after read my diary start a new game with a different background because what i had in mind  had nothing to do whit the scientific description of the game. and something similar happen with the progression of the missions, nothing that make me change my decisions, but not necessarily what i had in mind. And it would be nice to add some details and motivations.

-Edit the name of the subclasses and multi-classes. There might be a better terminology for the concept the player have in mind

-Name the pets. I name all my cats "Gato"

Add you ideas/suggestions/requests. Or don't.

Edited by Piero
  • Like 2

From playing Pillars 1, one option I'd really like to see that should be pretty easy to implement in the AI scripting options that were getting is:

1) Allow characters to be set to intelligently switch between melee and ranged weapons.

I mean, I don't want them to default to this, but I want the AI to allow for conditionals like "If you have a loaded gun, fire it THEN switch to your melee weapon and go in" and "If you are not in combat and have an empty gun, switch to it and reload it", and most importantly "If you cannot reach your target (or any target) because people/things are in the way, pull your ranged weapon and start attacking".

This could remove a whole lot of micro whilst making the game more fun and cool, and also would be optional because it would be done via the AI scripting stuff.

• Like 1

1) Allow characters to be set to intelligently switch between melee and ranged weapons.

I think that might be part of the AI Customization Stretch Goal, they've hit some time ago and I think this feature will be very helpful :)

I have another very easy to implement idea (I'm pretty sure because even I could do this in Unity ^^) :

Allow us to write books.

Similar to the notes you could make in PoE1 I think it would be very cool for Roleplaying to be able to write a book (like in Minecraft) and place it where I want as an item in my inventory. For example you could write a "Watcher's guide to the fauna of the Deadfire Islands" and place it in your home or something like that. :grin:

[...]don't make them bald when wearing a hat... seem to be pretty easy solutions, which I don't know why were not implemented in PoE 1. 

This is not quite as easy as it sounds, you cannot just render the hat over the hair or it might clip through. You can probably cut the hair mesh using the hat surface as a clipping plane, but that's annoying to implement and might still look weird in some cases.

1. Allow to change hair after doing your character and don't make them bald when wearing a hat... seem to be pretty easy solutions, which I don't know why were not implemented in PoE 1. 

[...]don't make them bald when wearing a hat... seem to be pretty easy solutions, which I don't know why were not implemented in PoE 1. 

This is not quite as easy as it sounds, you cannot just render the hat over the hair or it might clip through. You can probably cut the hair mesh using the hat surface as a clipping plane, but that's annoying to implement and might still look weird in some cases.

​New stretch goal idea?

My list:

1. The option to make party members automatically sheathe weapons out of combat.

2. The ability to "rp walk" out of combat.

3. Basic emotes such as sitting, sleeping, dining, conversing.

It's a roleplaying game, after all. Give us some decent RP options!

It can be really easy actually. Just don't make them bald. Use a generic hair for every hat, or maybe two generic ones: a short and a long one. That's it. Better than instantly losing all your hair when wearing a hat.

3. Basic emotes such as sitting, sleeping, dining, conversing.

It's a roleplaying game, after all. Give us some decent RP options!

It would be really cool if, inside every tavern, there was a table where our characters could sit. Say, if you walk near the 'sitting place' with any party member, they would automatically find a place to sit. And these places could always be near the innkeeper, so you can ask for the services while sitting. 

Don't know if it would be that easy to implement though.

• Like 1

Where attribute modifiers are concerned, I'd like to see racial bonuses/penalties reduced and the character's background lifestyles/professions added to the mix to make up the difference. Slaves could get a bonus to Constitution, for example, while Artists might get a bonus to Perception, Soldiers/Raiders would increase Might, and so forth.

When I do a (non-quick) save, the list of save files comes up with the stack of quick save and auto save files at the top. This forces me to scroll down every time to where I put my normal saves. Can the quick/auto-save entries be put at the bottom?

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

When I do a (non-quick) save, the list of save files comes up with the stack of quick save and auto save files at the top. This forces me to scroll down every time to where I put my normal saves. Can the quick/auto-save entries be put at the bottom?

+1

​The most recent save should always be at the top, regardless if it's a quick-save, auto-save, or manual save.

Edited by Osvir

+1

​The most recent save should always be at the top, regardless if it's a quick-save, auto-save, or manual save.

Thats not what hes saying ...

I’d rather have a separate tab. Oh, and an option to disable autosaves. I save manually all the time anyway %)

• Like 1

Pillars of Bugothas

I have saw a few requests that does not look too complicated (i may be wrong) to implement, so it may be a good idea to put them all together, so the devs can read them and discard them more easily :lol: maybe there are a few that actually a lot of people want.

-Edit the diary and details of the progression of the missions. These are supposed to be write by the watcher, so it have sense. In one play-throw on PoE i choose to be a scientist, after read my diary start a new game with a different background because what i had in mind  had nothing to do whit the scientific description of the game. and something similar happen with the progression of the missions, nothing that make me change my decisions, but not necessarily what i had in mind. And it would be nice to add some details and motivations.

-Edit the name of the subclasses and multi-classes. There might be a better terminology for the concept the player have in mind

-Name the pets. I name all my cats "Gato"

Add you ideas/suggestions/requests. Or don't.

I like naming my pets, and actually like the idea of an in-game notes section where you can type notes for yourself to refer back to later.

Survival skills provide a chance to scavenge up extra camp supplies. Each time a camp supply is used, check cumulative skill levels for percentage odds to scavenge a replacement.

+1

​The most recent save should always be at the top, regardless if it's a quick-save, auto-save, or manual save.

Thats not what hes saying ...

​It's what I'm saying. I agree with rjshae, but think the most recent save should be sorted at the top.

​I guess, yeah, let me elaborate:

It's a great idea to change how save files are sorted, because I also scroll down a lot of the times I load. I relate to the nagging thought "scrolling down again". But then you neglect all the people who use quick-saves and auto-saves often. So, the most recent save = no scrolling (unless you'd go back 5-6 saves) and it's a win-win situation, no one needs to scroll during a play session.

Edited by Osvir

Here is an proposal regarding a NPC: Information Broker

In some central place (like a big city) which can be accessed relatively early in game (in PoE that would have been Defiance Bay) there should be a NPC who is sort of an information broker. He can provide starting hints for quests which is a very good idea in case you missed one. But he is a broker, so he will want to be payed - in coins AND in information about other quest starters which the player already has found. This guy will be expensive, so you can't misuse him, and he will determine if there is anything at all he has for you, regarding your level and the maps you have been. So if you really miss a quest somewhere you can obtain it here. I think that would add a big chunk of athmosphere ... ;-)

• Like 3

It's a great idea to change how save files are sorted, because I also scroll down a lot of the times I load. I relate to the nagging thought "scrolling down again". But then you neglect all the people who use quick-saves and auto-saves often. So, the most recent save = no scrolling (unless you'd go back 5-6 saves) and it's a win-win situation, no one needs to scroll during a play session.

Since Quick Save has its own mechanic (f5), as does Auto Save, why do they even need to be listed? As tinysalamander suggested, they could be put under their own tab with the normal saves as the default. I would just like a quicker normal save process: esc, click, click, click, done.