Politics 2017

Wrath of Dagon

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/22/media/alternative-facts-donald-trump/index.html

The sooner Kellyanne Conway gets fired the better for the future of the Trump presidency, she literally creates her own terms and words when she defends certain controversial statements that Trump or Spicer make

There is no such thing as " alternative facts ", there are the facts and  then there is  fiction or hyperbole. The new world of post-truth, you have to love it and be concerned 

I don't predict  this culture of various Trump spokesmen happily feeding the post-truth narrative can sustain itself longer than 18 months or so 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wait, we fund women's clinics in other countries? Like we don't have enough needy of our own? What a waste. smh.

Think they want to close those in the US too :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, we fund women's clinics in other countries? Like we don't have enough needy of our own? What a waste. smh.

USA gives money to development aid like all the other world's richest countries. It has been sore point for some people already decades, so I would say that you are bit late in your realization.

USA gives money to development aid like all the other world's richest countries. It has been sore point for some people already decades, so I would say that you are bit late in your realization.

I seems so! Its shocking to me that we piss away funds making sure women in other countries can get abortions. We could be using that money to train bums in a vocation or something but instead we concern ourselves minutiae of other countries breeding.

I seems so! Its shocking to me that we piss away funds making sure women in other countries can get abortions. We could be using that money to train bums in a vocation or something but instead we concern ourselves minutiae of other countries breeding.

Much like Planned Parenthood, characterizing these clinics simply by the fact they offer abortions is usually a gross misrepresentation. It would also be my guess that these are parts of the world where women struggle to get access to decent healthcare, and this funding is part of an attempt to help women across the globe.

That being said, I have no issue with the US pulling back on funding other countries while we try to strengthen our own health care systems that sorely need it. I have a big problem with us making it about abortion and turning it into political, though.

• Like 1

Much like Planned Parenthood, characterizing these clinics simply by the fact they offer abortions is usually a gross misrepresentation. It would also be my guess that these are parts of the world where women struggle to get access to decent healthcare, and this funding is part of an attempt to help women across the globe.

That being said, I have no issue with the US pulling back on funding other countries while we try to strengthen our own health care systems that sorely need it. I have a big problem with us making it about abortion and turning it into political, though.

But the hings is that USA don't actually pull back funding (at least not yet), it just deny it from clinics and organizations that provide abortions or give information about abortions, even if they don't use a cent that they get from USA to provide said services. Meaning that it is just political maneuver against abortion and women's healthcare at same. But it is something that all republican presidents have done starting from Reagan.

• Like 2

well, not to be witty but Africa could use some planned parenthood if you ask me, better spend money on this than on food aid

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

"The sooner Kellyanne Conway gets fired the better for the future of the Trump presidency"

Wow. Sexism rears its ugly head again. :(

What, just because she's a woman she can't be incompetent? Coddle women much? Better don your white knight armour. She's not going to sleep with you, you know. Such an SJW sentiment yadda yadda blah blah sorry, my heart's not into it today. Either way, if someone's not doing their job right their gender doesn't matter.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 3

Wait, according to gfted1's link, there is already a ban on using the US funds for abortion, and it has been in place since 1973.   :geek:

Also Reagan and Bush both enacted the same policy, so he isn't exactly setting a trend.

Edited by Hurlshot

"The sooner Kellyanne Conway gets fired the better for the future of the Trump presidency"

Wow. Sexism rears its ugly head again. :(

What, just because she's a woman she can't be incompetent? Coddle women much? Better don your white knight armour. She's not going to sleep with you, you know. Such an SJW sentiment yadda yadda blah blah sorry, my heart's not into it today. Either way, if someone's not doing their job right their gender doesn't matter.

This is a good post, the gender of a person doesnt mean they cant be corrupt, inept or uninformed 

Volo you need to understand this, it doesnt help the cause of gender equality if you think women are perfect and cant do anything wrong. I appreciate your commitment to feminism but your post is unhelpful  :yes:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That could pay most of our annual UHC! What a tragic waste.

No, not even a drop in the bucket.

Wait, according to gfted1's link, there is already a ban on using the US funds for abortion, and it has been in place since 1973.   :geek:

Also Reagan and Bush both enacted the same policy, so he isn't exactly setting a trend.

Obama reversed it though, now Trump put it back.

Edit: Democrats' new strategy to win the working class voters they lost: "Shut up, whity!"

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/23/idaho-dems-exec-director-dnc-should-train-people-in-how-to-shut-their-mouths-if-theyre-white/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Trump's game is to stir controversy in topics that don't matter in order to get less attention to other things that he does, like cutting funding from women clinics in developing countries that offer abortion services.

disagree.

the sad truth is "cutting funding from women clinics in developing countries that offer abortion services," is something most americans don't care 'bout.  most americans don't care 'bout planned parenthood neither.  during the election trump didn't create controversy to distract.  myth. groping incident hurt him.  so too did refusal to provide taxes. his history o' hiring undocumented workers were argued in the media to distract from what exactly?

the truth is most americans who ended up voting (damn you stay-at-home democrats) didn't care 'bout what the media thought were important and trump's biggest advantage were, ironically, his complete lack o' any real experience.  trump could spout empty promises all day long, but his own political record were unimpeachable simple cause he didn't have one.  trump hammered the democrats for obamacare, and immigration issues, and security concerns and jobs for middle class americans.  trump hammered clinton failures and her personality quirks.  he didn't use his own fails to distract, but sadly most americans didn't care enough 'bout trump's business or personal failures 'cause he were promising to be different than everybody else, democrat or republican. so disappointed with washington were americans that they actual wanted somebody with no washington experience, somebody who would be different.

trump isn't using distraction.  is nothing to distract from save for his diminishing popularity and he ain't gonna use proof o' diminished popularity to distract from it. during the election, trump blunders didn't matter 'cause he could always point to democrats and clinton and washington fails. distract from what? what trump is current doing is killing stuff people should care 'bout but don't.  he is also trying very hard to convince folks o' his popularity, 'cause he wants to be the next andrew jackson, but to do so he needs be as popular as were andrew jackson. 

the reason trump's popularity keeps dropping is 'cause he no longer has the clinton and the democrats and washington elites to blame.  during the election, trump actual complained 'bout snl not giving him equal time. *chuckle* trump is now part o' washington and people is looking to see what he will actual do.  so far he has done little save kill programs few americans genuine care 'bout.  yeah, he may try and make the media the new villain now that clinton is unavailable to him as a punching bag, but is only a handful o' stormtrumpers buying into such nonsense. eventually, trump will need do something, and he can't do anything significant w/o more political clout.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

and he can't do anything significant w/o more political clout.  

HA! Good Fun!

He's announcing his Supreme Court nominee next week, how's that for significant?

To your broader point, Republicans have to realize either they hang together, or they'll hang apart. So far they seem to be getting the message, even little Marco says he'll vote for Tillerson.

Edit: None of these are significant either: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/23/donald-trump-executive-orders-kills-tpp-announces-federal-hiring-freeze-restores-mexico-city-policy/

Or the pipelines he just approved.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The sooner Kellyanne Conway gets fired the better for the future of the Trump presidency, she literally creates her own terms and words when she defends certain controversial statements that Trump or Spicer make

There is no such thing as " alternative facts ", there are the facts and then there is fiction or hyperbole. The new world of post-truth, you have to love it and be concerned

I don't predict this culture of various Trump spokesmen happily feeding the post-truth narrative can sustain itself longer than 18 months or so

I'll be honest, I didn't read the link. I've stopped clicking CNN stuff so i don't help them with amount of clicks something gets.

What I will say is that I agree with ur sentiment, one of the biggest problems we had in obama and during the election was having is the "alternate facts" shoved as "actual facts". The way I could see Trump actually succeeding better is to actually use "actual facts" instead of alternate facts. It would be easier to show if anything being manipulated and even give him an extra "I don't give a **** if u get offended" vibe that a lot of people like and on top of that would make the media look even worse if they continued on.

Accept ur flaws and defeats (ur in office so **** them) and be proud of ur achievements that ARE achievements.

Him and his people being honest and straight forward will indeed continue to piss people off BUT just maybe just maybe, this could be a way to reign in and force the media to use more blunt and honest tactics.

Because who would want evidence that Trump was more "honorable" than they are? Lol

• Like 1

The sooner Kellyanne Conway gets fired the better for the future of the Trump presidency, she literally creates her own terms and words when she defends certain controversial statements that Trump or Spicer make

There is no such thing as " alternative facts ", there are the facts and then there is fiction or hyperbole. The new world of post-truth, you have to love it and be concerned

I don't predict this culture of various Trump spokesmen happily feeding the post-truth narrative can sustain itself longer than 18 months or so

I'll be honest, I didn't read the link. I've stopped clicking CNN stuff so i don't help them with amount of clicks something gets.

What I will say is that I agree with ur sentiment, one of the biggest problems we had in obama and during the election was having is the "alternate facts" shoved as "actual facts". The way I could see Trump actually succeeding better is to actually use "actual facts" instead of alternate facts. It would be easier to show if anything being manipulated and even give him an extra "I don't give a **** if u get offended" vibe that a lot of people like and on top of that would make the media look even worse if they continued on.

Accept ur flaws and defeats (ur in office so **** them) and be proud of ur achievements that ARE achievements.

Him and his people being honest and straight forward will indeed continue to piss people off BUT just maybe just maybe, this could be a way to reign in and force the media to use more blunt and honest tactics.

Because who would want evidence that Trump was more "honorable" than they are? Lol

I think I like this post but I need to read it a bit later when I'm not so stoned so I can comment objectively  :teehee:

John Milton 

Obamacare is a ticking time bomb that's waiting to explode: https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-18/the-once-and-future-obamacare-death-spiral

The way I see it, the old and sick will have to be taken care of regardless, so it's far more fair to ask the entire tax paying base to subsidize them rather than only the few healthy young people with generally lower incomes that have to buy insurance on the exchanges, especially since taxes are based on the ability to pay, unlike insurance premiums (some tax reform would help here as well).

Trump's game is to stir controversy in topics that don't matter in order to get less attention to other things that he does, like cutting funding from women clinics in developing countries that offer abortion services.

Why are we funding abortion clinics in other countries to begin with? That should be that country's choice and responsibility.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Okay, like Hurl pointed out:

Wait, according to gfted1's link, there is already a ban on using the US funds for abortion, and it has been in place since 1973. :geek:

Also, family planning/reproductive health is NOT an abortion budget, in the same way planned parenthood isn't an abortion clinic. Most of it goes to STI prevention. For example, in the case of Planned Parenthood:

plannedparenthoodgraph.jpg

Gfted1's link even says so about the FP/RH fund:

Family Planning (FP): The ability of individuals and couples to anticipate and attain their desired number of children and the spacing and timing of births.2

Reproductive Health (RH): The state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity, in all matters relating to the reproductive processes, functions, and system at all stages of life.3

And in their case it also includes education for the poor populace, which is a whole extra animal, as well as antenatal and postnatal care for children and mothers. The reason why that goes to foreign places is because the places in question are third world countries where STI's have epidemic proportions and overpopulation and ignorance about these subjects creates chaos, like the "rape a virgin to be cured of aids" myth that some people believe in some African countries.

This is called BASIC developmental aid, and it's much more effective than holding a fundraiser and dumping some cash in a governments lap. Of the developmental aid funds that you should question, this probably isn't one of them.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

"What, just because she's a woman she can't be incompetent? Coddle women much? Better don your white knight armour. She's not going to sleep with you, you know. Such an SJW sentiment yadda yadda blah blah sorry, my heart's not into it today. Either way, if someone's not doing their job right their gender doesn't matter."

L0L You do realize who I replying to, right? You do realize who you are responding to, right? I have to assume you are trolling here for giggles. That's the only explanation. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.