What You Did Today

Gorth

I'm quite pleased with myself. I kid gave me a sucker punch in the chest and it hurt like a mother....er. I didn't beat the crap out of him. Calmly explained what he did was wrong. Went to my boss and filed a report and then told her that it would be best if I went home for the day.

• Like 1

Beat the crap out of him in a week. He won't anticipate the counter strike.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ok. Well pay some redneck dudes to hit him with a crowbar. :biggrin:

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played some Mutant Chronicles last night, was good fun. New system, new world, it's good fun when it's just about all new. I've encountered Chronicles before and know some about the world, but I don't have as much knowledge about it as I do Warhammer so it's a nice break to have to fumble about in the dark again.

The rule system is pretty smooth, focused on action. I do miss handling ammunition and keeping tabs on how many rounds you've got left, but they are focusing more on 80's action. I.e. you've got as many rounds in your rifle than you need at any given time, if you "fumble" the GM might tell you you've run out of ammunition, otherwise you're good essentially.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Chess date devolved into an argument about programming styles and languages and then led to some busy body accusing me of domestic abuse.

Still won the chess game and frankly, the brace needs to be on its own line.

Watched a couple of documentaries about Jihadists, a French documentary about a journalist that managed to infiltrate a small group of them and a Belgian one about youths and how they are treated in Belgium.

It's scary how much those young people are like the neo-nazis I've known, and used to be friends with. It's also a bit humourus that both groups of people would like to kill me and behead me for that comparison.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hey Shady Sands & Manifested. Happy Birthday my brothers. Semper Fi.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The grim reaper is gaining in on them.

Woke up ar 2.30AM, throwing up and feeling miserable. Spent more time in the toilet than in bed. I want to play Tyranny later, but I don't know if I have it in me. Will probably force myself and throw up on the keyboard.

• Like 1

Tonight Im going with my best friend and his wife to a live music club for dinner and drinks  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

USMC indoctrination is strong :p

In the words of Gen. James Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marie Corps:

A Marine is a Marine.  I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine.   You're a Marine,  just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life.  But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.  There's no such thing as a former Marine.

Or Maj Kevin Keaney USMC:

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.

Or Gen William Thornson, USA:

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

or Gen John "Blackjack" Pershing USA:

Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.

Or Gen John Vessey USA:

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?

And last but not least Eleanor Roosevelt:

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sounds like a cult :p But they have the best dress uniforms in all the US forces.

• Like 2

Waiting for a package with spare parts to be delivered, their website says it's been delivered, while I haven't recieved a text message yet saying it has arrived.

Going to my friends place for some PnP later, killing time by watching shoe0nhead's videos until then.

Tired as hell, have'nt slept well for a couple of weeks and it's really starting to take it's toll on me now.

I'm ordering a new laptop and trying to decide between an IPS or OLED screen (the former is only 1980x1050 and non-touch while the other is touch and 2560x1440). Normally I wouldn't upgrade for another year or so but I have some credit I need to use up and my dad needs a new laptop so I'm going to give him my current one and use that as an excuse to splurge a bit more than I ought to.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I just published episode 2 of my podcast, this one focuses on Marzen and Octoberfest beers.  I am not sure when it shows up on iTunes and the GooglePlay store (episode one is up there) but it is available on my feed.  Big shout out to Azdeus for the feedback, I played around with some sound setting so let me know if it sounds any better.  It's a bit hard to tell.

https://historyofhops.com/feed/podcast

• Like 2

Had a urethral swab done yesterday.

jesus****ingchristmakeitstoppleaseaaaarghhhh

Don't do it unless you have to. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.