Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

snip

Since we are on the topic of drinks

One more for the road

Saturday can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Channeling my inner Michael (not Mike, he's the one that sucks) Bolton

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like her other version of this song that I posted here sometime ago better...but I hadn't heard the "original" in a long time.

(...yeah, she has a beard for some reason - a character performance she was doing of some kind, I guess)

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Doubt many others here will like this, but maybe someone will!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

recommendation while listening to this album: some level of intoxication, either high of drunk; noise cancelling 7.1 surround headphones.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I actually met DJ premiere and Guru, made some off hand remark about Guru approaching drinking like it was an olympic sport. He was drunk AF. Didn't even know it was them. If I had I would have said some dumb fan boy thing instead, that's what everybody else did. I kept it cool by pure accident. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

90s hiphop. You know, before everything turned to ****

Was definitely a good time for the genre, but it hasn't turned to **** since. Actually, plenty of my favorite acts are from the 00s onwards...

And Curse ov Dialect, El-P (and associated ventures like Cannibal Ox and Run the Jewels), Kendrick Lamar, Nujabes, Madvillain, J Dilla, Aesop Rock and so on.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Not too many women that can really death metal growl, less still that can death metal growl like that.  It doesn't hurt that Alissa White-Gluz is attractive either.  Also, it doesn't hurt that they have Jeff Loomis, one of the best progressive metal guitarists out there.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks